Global Warming Deniers and Liars

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Global Warming Deniers and Liars

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Just a quick point to start the ball rolling:

If man made global warming is such a dreadful thing and a danger to our planet and it's future generations. If man made global warming is such a threat that we are paying untold trillions into carbon reduction projects, why is it that giant corporations can buy 'carbon credits' from other giant corporations, so that they can 'pollute' and 'endanger' our world with impunity?

A good place to start looking for those answers comes in the the form of another well known phrase which invariably leads to the truth 'Follow the Money'

What about that prick Decaprio who fly's around the world to talk about pollution and carbon footprints lol. And idiots lap it up saying what a good guy he is. How much damage do you reckon one of his movies does to the environment?
And they think planting a few trees allows them to do it.

why is using scheduled aircraft a bad thing?
Will you lamblast British holiday makers for doing the same?

You think Decaprio flys economy ? lol
There was a complaint about a few years ago because he was flying around the world in a private jet giving talks about the environment and global warming and picking awards for it you daft cunt.

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:04 am

Vam wrote:
Trapper John wrote:People still do it, even in both camps on here. The question isn't whether there is 'global warming' or 'global cooling' it's whether man's influence has anything to do with it.

The global climate is changing, but like many experts whose opinions are ignored, buried or forcibly denied say, there isn't any evidence to say that man has any control over it.

The fossil and geological records show that dramatic climatic changes have occured many hundreds of times in Earth's history, long before man existed. We are just undergoing one of these 'natural occurances.' It could last 20 years, it could last a hundred years or a thousand or forevermore, man can have no malevolent or benevolent affect on it.

The Sun is pretty much the only thing that has an effect on Earth temperature, we have never and will never have any control over that.

It's the perfect scam for the people who have engineered this so called 'crisis.'

Firstly, when it will undoubtedly be discovered at some future date that all of man's efforts to affect global climate were a complete waste of time and a totally useless and hideously expensive excercise, they will be long dead and won't have to answer for their lies.

Secondly, making the 15th and arguably the most useful element to man, Carbon in all it's forms, the culprit is like requesting a blank cheque from the world.....man made Co2 emissions have no noticable affect on the global climate or the Earth's temperature.

...which is a much more detailed way of saying what I posted right at the start of this thread: I'm inclined to believe that global warming and climate change are a historically cyclic phenomena, rather than man-made.

Given the kind of silly money you've cited that's being poured into perpetuating the man-made theory, I'm even more inclined to stick to my belief.

By the time it took you to write that post an area the size of a football pitch was lost to tree loggers.
What effect does tree logging in Amazonia have?
Is tree logging a man made effect?

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:26 am

Guest wrote:
Vam wrote:
Trapper John wrote:People still do it, even in both camps on here. The question isn't whether there is 'global warming' or 'global cooling' it's whether man's influence has anything to do with it.

The global climate is changing, but like many experts whose opinions are ignored, buried or forcibly denied say, there isn't any evidence to say that man has any control over it.

The fossil and geological records show that dramatic climatic changes have occured many hundreds of times in Earth's history, long before man existed. We are just undergoing one of these 'natural occurances.' It could last 20 years, it could last a hundred years or a thousand or forevermore, man can have no malevolent or benevolent affect on it.

The Sun is pretty much the only thing that has an effect on Earth temperature, we have never and will never have any control over that.

It's the perfect scam for the people who have engineered this so called 'crisis.'

Firstly, when it will undoubtedly be discovered at some future date that all of man's efforts to affect global climate were a complete waste of time and a totally useless and hideously expensive excercise, they will be long dead and won't have to answer for their lies.

Secondly, making the 15th and arguably the most useful element to man, Carbon in all it's forms, the culprit is like requesting a blank cheque from the world.....man made Co2 emissions have no noticable affect on the global climate or the Earth's temperature.

...which is a much more detailed way of saying what I posted right at the start of this thread: I'm inclined to believe that global warming and climate change are a historically cyclic phenomena, rather than man-made.

Given the kind of silly money you've cited that's being poured into perpetuating the man-made theory, I'm even more inclined to stick to my belief.

By the time it took you to write that post an area the size of a football pitch was lost to tree loggers.
What effect does tree logging in Amazonia have?
Is tree logging a man made effect?

Maybe you'd like to tell us what effect tree logging in the Amazon has on the global environment?

Undoubtedly, from an aesthetic and even moral point of view it's not nice, nor is it from a local ecological stand point but we aren't talking about that, we're talking about man's influence on climate change, you know, the reason we are being taxed to the hilt.

So, back to your question. Most of a football pitch sized chunk of the Amazon rain forest will almost certainly be converted into furniture and building materials, as it's hard wood and ideal for that.

Contrary to what you've been told, Trees but not all trees by the way, produce oxygen at the expense of Co2. Many species of trees produce as much Co2 as they do oxygen and young trees almost always produce more. By far the largest consumers of Co2 and producers of the air we breathe are the algaes of the great seas and oceans, in fact all algae from the Pacific to your garden pond, do that in a far more efficient way, than trees.

You will also be aware that since the end of the last ice age to today, a global area 10 times the size of the entire Amazon rain forest has been de-forested, yet there has been no noticable, long term or sustained rise in Co2 levels and oxygen has remained at the constant 21% it is now, for millions of years. Our own British Isles was almost entirely covered in trees from the Scottish lowlands to the south coast, as recent as when the Romans arrived. Where are those trees now?

Man undoubtedly has an affect on his environment, often in an unpleasant way - it doesn't mean that every instance of pollution and possible earth ending catastrophe, has man at his heart.

Man made global warming is at best a deceit for more noble reasons, at worst, a downright lie purposely fabricated to screw global taxes from the masses and make certain individuals and multi-nationals very rich.

Do yourself a favour, every time you get financially screwed, question the reasons and ask yourself if they are valid, don't just cough up because they say so, thats what they expect you to do. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:45 am

LOL We are not being taxed to the hilt. As for your whataboutery, keep denying the facts.

https://skepticalscience.com/graphics.php?g=57

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:55 am

The earths atmosphere is very very thin and can be compared to the thickness of a very thin apple skin.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Guest wrote:LOL We are not being taxed to the hilt. As for your whataboutery, keep denying the facts.

Almost everything you buy and service you pay for has an environmental tax levied on it, that tax is passed on to the consumer. The fact that you might not see specific reference to it doesn't mean there isn't one. Tax by stealth has been every governments watch word for decades. :roll:

And sorry if I completely ignore the findings in those charts, I find it hard to accept anything related by a publication which purports to be scientific yet has at least three articles damning and deriding Donald Trump.

Nor would I accept anything written in a publication which is not only supporting the use of carbon credits (you know, the system that gives the wealthy and powerful permission to poison the Earth) exhalts the whole crooked enterprise.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Michael Nolan » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:LOL We are not being taxed to the hilt. As for your whataboutery, keep denying the facts.

Almost everything you buy and service you pay for has an environmental tax levied on it, that tax is passed on to the consumer. The fact that you might not see specific reference to it doesn't mean there isn't one. Tax by stealth has been every governments watch word for decades. :roll:

And sorry if I completely ignore the findings in those charts, I find it hard to accept anything related by a publication which purports to be scientific yet has at least three articles damning and deriding Donald Trump.

Nor would I accept anything written in a publication which is not only supporting the use of carbon credits (you know, the system that gives the wealthy and powerful permission to poison the Earth) exhalts the whole crooked enterprise.

You support that nonce Trump?
Yeah that cunt sure needs to be derided.
Only a moron would believe the shyte he comes out with.
You reckon man isn't poisoning the planet then you say the wealthy and powerful are poisoning.

Make yer mind up.
Michael Nolan

Postby Trapper John » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 am

Michael Nolan wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

You support that nonce Trump?
Yeah that cunt sure needs to be derided.
Only a moron would believe the shyte he comes out with.
You reckon man isn't poisoning the planet then you say the wealthy and powerful are poisoning.

Make yer mind up.

Oh dear. :shake head:

It's not me saying that man is poisonong the planet with Co2 emissions, it's the people who devised the system of carbon credits who say that. Had you spent a little time reading some of the information in this thread instead of leading off with hot air from your arse, you would have noticed that.

To reiterate, It was Maurice Strong when UN secretary for global environmental matters, who first suggested that man made Co2 emissions were causing global warming. Leading light of the global environmental movement which swept the world from the 1970's he spent the next couple of decades, forcing this theory of man made global warming onto world governments, as FACT - and was the chief instiagator of both the Rio summit and Kyoto treaties, on which the whole man made global warming lie is still based today.

The same Maurice Strong devised the system of 'Carbon Credits' using his philanthropic guise to suggest that those who pollute more, should pay more. These noble sentiments have now turned into a $trillion industry in it's own right.

Maybe everyone might have accepted that, had it not been for the fact that, Maurice Strong was later to become implicated in the UN 'food for oil' scandal, found to be a director of a multi-national oil company and founder of the Chicago Carbon Exchange, a $billion buisness trading in carbon credits. Disgraced and now in self imposed exile, he runs his $billion empire from a penthouse suite in a Beijing hotel.

Despite being exposed as a complete charlatan, liar and profiteer, his man made global warming premise is still held in almost godlike reverence - unsurprising really - as it such a fantastic 'earner' for everyone, from governments to individuals, that's everyone except the common people who end up paying for it - still, you carry on believing you are saving the world, I doubt you'll be alive when the whole man made global warming ediface comes crashing to the ground.

On your other point, I have no opinion on Donald Trump. Firstly I'm English so he is of little interest to me and secondly, if I had an opinion, I'd save it until I'd seen what his tenure as US president does or doesn't achieve. I made my point because no serious or notable scientific journal would lower itself to make political comment, let alone use it's influence to deride and unsettle a legally elected leader.

Hope thats clear now. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Punk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:17 am

Punk

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:33 am

Punk wrote:

Killed the thread with that lower link. :pmsl:

Yep. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Trapper John » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:31 am

Punk wrote:

In what way has that lower link 'killed the thread' :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:55 am

man u warmistas are fucking dumb
12,000 years ago the world warmed and the ice caps retreated from Europe
what caused that then? a few thousand cave men in cars burning fossil fuels
have a fucking word with yourselves
:hand:

Our ice age

110,000 to 12,000 years ago

The cool temperatures of the Quaternary may have allowed our brains to become much larger than those of our of hominid ancestors. While that’s still open to debate, it’s plausible that the most recent glacial period left its mark on our species.

Neanderthals, with whom we shared the planet until just before the last glacial maximum, 20,000 years ago, may have struggled to survive as the rising and falling ice ate away at their habitat – although many other explanations for their extinction have been suggested. What is beyond doubt is that Homo sapiens survived and turned to farming soon after the ice retreated, setting the stage for the rise of modern civilisation.

As the glacial period drew to a close and temperatures began to rise, there were two final cold snaps. First, the chilly “Older Dryas” of 14,700 to 13,400 years ago transformed most of Europe from forest to tundra, like modern-day Siberia. After a brief respite, the Younger Dryas, between 12,800 to 11,500 years ago, froze Europe solid within a matter of months – probably as a result of meltwater from retreating glaciers shutting down the Atlantic Ocean’s “conveyor-belt” current, although a cometary impact has also been blamed.

Twelve thousand years ago, the great ice sheets retreated at the beginning of the latest interglacial – the Flandrian – allowing humans to return to northern latitudes. This period has been relatively warm, and the climate relatively stable, although it has been slightly colder than the last interglacial, the Eemian, and sea levels are currently at least 3 metres lower – differences that are being closely scrutinised by researchers keen to understand how our climate will develop.

But this respite from the ice is likely to prove short-lived, at least in geological terms. Human effects on the climate notwithstanding, the cycle will continue to turn, the hothouse period will some day come to an end – and the ice sheets will descend again.
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Trapper John » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Punk wrote:

In what way has that lower link 'killed the thread' :dunno:

The reason I ask this question is why would a 'link' to a site about the 'struggles' people are facing in the Mississippi Delta area, be proof of man made climate change?

The most obvious statement I can make about that link is, that if people are stupid enough to build cities, factories, homes and whatever else on land which was already below sea level to start with and expect a few levees to keep the sea at bay, then more fool them.

I don't see why I should pay 'environmental taxes' because these people are idiots, do you?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:man u warmistas are fucking dumb
12,000 years ago the world warmed and the ice caps retreated from Europe
what caused that then? a few thousand cave men in cars burning fossil fuels
have a fucking word with yourselves
:hand:

Our ice age

110,000 to 12,000 years ago

The cool temperatures of the Quaternary may have allowed our brains to become much larger than those of our of hominid ancestors. While that’s still open to debate, it’s plausible that the most recent glacial period left its mark on our species.

Neanderthals, with whom we shared the planet until just before the last glacial maximum, 20,000 years ago, may have struggled to survive as the rising and falling ice ate away at their habitat – although many other explanations for their extinction have been suggested. What is beyond doubt is that Homo sapiens survived and turned to farming soon after the ice retreated, setting the stage for the rise of modern civilisation.

As the glacial period drew to a close and temperatures began to rise, there were two final cold snaps. First, the chilly “Older Dryas” of 14,700 to 13,400 years ago transformed most of Europe from forest to tundra, like modern-day Siberia. After a brief respite, the Younger Dryas, between 12,800 to 11,500 years ago, froze Europe solid within a matter of months – probably as a result of meltwater from retreating glaciers shutting down the Atlantic Ocean’s “conveyor-belt” current, although a cometary impact has also been blamed.

Twelve thousand years ago, the great ice sheets retreated at the beginning of the latest interglacial – the Flandrian – allowing humans to return to northern latitudes. This period has been relatively warm, and the climate relatively stable, although it has been slightly colder than the last interglacial, the Eemian, and sea levels are currently at least 3 metres lower – differences that are being closely scrutinised by researchers keen to understand how our climate will develop.

But this respite from the ice is likely to prove short-lived, at least in geological terms. Human effects on the climate notwithstanding, the cycle will continue to turn, the hothouse period will some day come to an end – and the ice sheets will descend again.

That is one very good reason why, in the 1970's, scientists were asked to investigate how close we were to the next ice age. I don't know if we ever got a difinitive answer, because that route was a 'financial dead end' ..... hence the whole global warming extravaganza.

People need to understand that the natural state of the Earth is a frozen ball of ice, which it has been for most of it's life since it finished forming.

'Snowball Earth' as it's coined by scientists because, for a huge amount of our planet's life, it has either been partly or wholly covered in ice.

Only massive seismic and volcanic activity on a global scale rescued this planet, on numerous occasions, from being just another ice ball floating around the outer reaches of our galaxy. The distainct lack of volcanic activity in particular, over recent millenia, means we are closer to that sort of catastrophe than any other.
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms