Caster Semenya

A right load of bollocks...

Caster Semenya

Postby luddite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Why is there a bloke running against the women in the 800 metres in the World Athletics Championships? :yikes:

If that isn't a man you can call me Sheila. :pukeup:
luddite

Re: Caster Semenya

Postby Margitta Gummel » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:57 pm

luddite wrote:Why is there a bloke running against the women in the 800 metres in the World Athletics Championships? :yikes:

Do one Sheila. :dafinger:
Margitta Gummel

Postby RuPaul » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:59 pm

luddite wrote:Why is there a bloke running against the women in the 800 metres in the World Athletics Championships? :yikes:

Well Sheila, you may not be aware but this fine young lady has proven beyond all doubt she is indeed a fully fledged female. Please do not allow your own prejudice to shine through and make you look silly.
RuPaul

Postby Keyser » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:15 pm

She is not the only intersex athlete there are several other running other than Semenya - Burundi’s Francine Niyonsaba and Kenya’s Margaret Wambui (all 800m as their best distance) - it's not fair for the others since it was adjudged to take medication to reduce their testosterone levels was against their human rights.

It is not a level playing field and poor Laura Muir would have won a bronze the other night.
Keyser

Postby luddite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:20 pm

"Some commentators expressed concern about Semenya's testosterone levels, following her win. Eric Vilain, a medical geneticist, said in an interview, "if we push this argument, anyone declaring a female gender can compete as a woman... We’re moving toward one big competition, and the very predictable result of that competition is that there will be no women winners."[72] Other commentators, such as bioethicist Katrina Karkazis, point to statements by losing competitors as evidence of discriminatory treatment.[71]"

Caster Semenya is a hermaphrodite...

http://www.betus.com.pa/sports-betting/ ... maphrodite
luddite

Postby megaera » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:41 pm

Keyser wrote:

She is not the only intersex athlete there are several other running other than Semenya - Burundi’s Francine Niyonsaba and Kenya’s Margaret Wambui (all 800m as their best distance) - it's not fair for the others since it was adjudged to take medication to reduce their testosterone levels was against their human rights.

It is not a level playing field and poor Laura Muir would have won a bronze the other night.

Tbf as it's a natural advantage I'm more inclined to say tough titties :dunno:

A less extreme advantage is a person's height giving them an advantage over someone else when competing, or East African runners having an advantage over European long distance runners. It's just how it is.
megaera

Postby luddite » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:45 pm

Caster Semenya' is an anagram of 'Yes, a secret man'.
:awesome:
luddite

Postby Keyser » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 pm

megaera wrote:
Keyser wrote:

A less extreme advantage is a person's height giving them an advantage over someone else when competing, or East African runners having an advantage over European long distance runners. It's just how it is.

Men running against men, but women running against women and intersex athletes.

Where do you draw the line? :dunno:

What really annoys me is that Semenya hardly tries over the 800 and just does enough to win as if she knows that if she broke the world record by a vast margin it would look really bad.
Keyser

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:55 pm

In case anyone was as clueless as me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caster_Semenya
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby megaera » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:02 pm

Keyser wrote:
megaera wrote:
Keyser wrote:

What really annoys me is that Semenya hardly tries over the 800 and just does enough to win as if she knows that if she broke the world record by a vast margin it would look really bad.

AFAIK, the intersex thing is just a rumour. The IAAF are satisfied that she is female so that should be an end to it.
megaera

Postby Keyser » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:12 pm

megaera wrote:
Keyser wrote:
megaera wrote:
Keyser wrote:

AFAIK, the intersex thing is just a rumour. The IAAF are satisfied that she is female so that should be an end to it.

The term intersex is used for athletes such as Castor.

She is classed as a female but has a huge advantage with the Hyperandrogenism - no womb or ovaries but internal testes and thus three times the testosterone level of a 'normal' woman.

It is not a level playing field.
Keyser

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Margaret Wambui is also supposedly 21...
this is Margaret at age 20

Postby megaera » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:27 pm

No, athletics has never been a level playing field.

Some athletes have access to the latest technology, equipment, etc. which gives them an advantage over other athletes

Is this kind of an advantage ok?

As you said, where do you draw the line?
megaera

Postby Keyser » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Guest wrote:Margaret Wambui is also supposedly 21...
this is Margaret at age 20

She's had a hard life.
Keyser

Postby Elagabalus » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:31 am

megaera wrote:
Keyser wrote:
megaera wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Bollocks, (internal ones) :awesome:
Elagabalus

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms