Ready prepared veg!

A right load of bollocks...

Ready prepared veg!

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:03 pm

Do you buy it... or do you still peel, chop and prepare it yourself?

I love it ready prepared.... just open the bag and tip it in a pan.... fkn ace! :hap:

Sprouts with the skins off.... swedes, which are such hard fookers to chop anyway :wubbers: ...chopped onions... no more tears! :yess:

Even prepared mash, just stick it in the microwave :canny: ...... pity the poor fookers that have to prepare it all for us lazy fookers tho'!! :pmsl:
Gabby

Re: Ready prepared veg!

Postby Keyser » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:15 pm

Poca wrote:Do you buy it... or do you still peel, chop and prepare it yourself?

I love it ready prepared.... just open the bag and tip it in a pan.... fkn ace! :hap:

Sprouts with the skins off.... swedes, which are such hard fookers to chop anyway :wubbers: ...chopped onions... no more tears! :yess:

Even prepared mash, just stick it in the microwave :canny: ...... pity the poor fookers that have to prepare it all for us lazy fookers tho'!! :pmsl:

For some reason the term 'fookers' sounds utterly filthy.

I like it! :leer:
Keyser

Postby Gabby » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Keyser wrote:

Fooker!!! :bum:
Gabby

Postby Keyser » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:16 pm

Poca wrote:
Keyser wrote:

Fooker!!! :bum:

You have a nice arse! :laughing:
Keyser

Postby Stooo » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:44 pm

Wotcha Pokes :wubbers:

I generally do my own prep but I sometimes buy the pre-prepared stuff if I'm in a hurry, the same for salad sometimes even though it's packed in some sort of gas, is very wasteful in packaging and costs more.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby VR6storm » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:45 pm

Tend to do my own... while i still can. Just bought a couple of Ceramic knives and they make very short work of veg chopping. :more beer:
VR6storm

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:34 am

If I'm pushed for time ready cut is a godsend but I prefer to diy mostly, because preparing food is part of the joy of cooking, and it tastes better freshly chopped.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Foxy » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:07 am

I don't mind chopping veg. It's quite therapeutic for me so if I've got the time I do it myself. Yes, swede is a nightmare, so is butternut squash but I love butternut squash and sweet potato soup. When I chop onions I keep my mouth shut (some people hold a spoon in their mouths), no tears for me.
Foxy

Postby megaera » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:16 pm

I buy as much ready prepared stuff as possible. Roasties, veg, mash, salad, whatever.

Makes dinner time much less stressful - no way I'm spending ages peeling, chopping and slicing just for the finished product to be rejected by a picky 4 year old :pmsl:
megaera

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:43 pm

megaera wrote:I buy as much ready prepared stuff as possible. Roasties, veg, mash, salad, whatever.

Makes dinner time much less stressful - no way I'm spending ages peeling, chopping and slicing just for the finished product to be rejected by a picky 4 year old :pmsl:

yea fuck that
frozen peas sweetcorn and baked beans
its what jnr will tolerate on her plate
there veggies she's eating
im all good
:thumbsup:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:37 pm

I have used ready to cook veg but it is more expensive so only but it if I don't have much time. Usually I prep my own and blanch any I know I won't eat before its past it.
Junglejayne

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:01 am

megaera wrote:I buy as much ready prepared stuff as possible. Roasties, veg, mash, salad, whatever.

Blending! It hides the veg from picky children. Hand blended pasta sauces are particularly good for hiding veg in.
Lady Murasaki

Postby malamute » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:51 pm

It's very expensive but very convenient. A lot of old people buy it and people who live on their own but I usually have 4-6 mouths to feed so for us it would be very expensive.

I sometimes buy frozen sprouts though and they're lovely and also green beans when there aren't many nice ones in the shops.
malamute

Postby megaera » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:33 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:

Blending! It hides the veg from picky children. Hand blended pasta sauces are particularly good for hiding veg in.

Pasta is on the 'yucky' list too. Except for when it isn't :brickwall:

TBH, he will eat carrot, peas, sweetcorn and broccoli -its just what I put with it that causes problems :bawlin:
megaera

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:47 am

megaera wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

Pasta is on the 'yucky' list too. Except for when it isn't :brickwall:

TBH, he will eat carrot, peas, sweetcorn and broccoli -its just what I put with it that causes problems :bawlin:

Oh that's good then, it's better if they get used to the different textures of veg apparently. Isn't everyone a picky eater when little?
Lady Murasaki

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms