When racism dies out

A right load of bollocks...

Re: When racism dies out

Postby Keyser » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:56 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:As it inevitably will one day. (Don't cry Viper.) What will we have lost?

after you have killed all there gods
maybe...
:thumbsup:

Some cracking fights there - Yahweh v Atum, Shiva v Mictlantecuhtli etc.

Would pay good money to see it all lay out but my bet would be Azathoth to win the entire tournament. :mrgreen:
Keyser

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:59 pm

Frank39 wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
traveller wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:As it inevitably will one day. (Don't cry Viper.) What will we have lost?

Why don't you prevail upon Doc Brown and Marty McFly to give you a ride into the future, setting the Delorean's controls for a trillion, billion years from now, find out what the people around then think of it ever dying out, then come back and let us know?

Because that's just lazy. I'd rather just ask you. What will be lost?

I'd guess that by saying travel a trillion, billion years into the future, then asking the people of that time if THEY think racism will ever die out, Traveller inferred that it would still be alive and kicking in the future.
I can't say what would be lost if racism died out, it's more a case of gaining if it did I suppose.
My own take on it is a bit like Chris Rock's HBO special, Bring the Pain, where he claims that there are two kinds of black people, regular black people, whom he likes, and niggas, whom he deplores.
He says there is more racism among blacks than there is among whites, he says that regular black people despise niggas more than whites do.
Niggas do the mugging and crime, and end every sentence with, "know what I'm say sayIn'?", regular black folks are then tarred with the nigga's brush.

just like every white guy with a shaved head is a Nazi
works both ways
:dunno:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:02 pm

Keyser wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:

maybe...

Some cracking fights there - Yahweh v Atum, Shiva v Mictlantecuhtli etc.

Would pay good money to see it all lay out but my bet would be Azathoth to win the entire tournament. :mrgreen:

RA for the win
:awesome:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby megaera » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:02 pm

Pffft.... I'll take 'em all down
megaera

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:37 am

Si_Crewe wrote:

It'll never happen... and, TBH, I'm kind of glad.

Thing is, you'll only ever get rid of racism when we're all absolutely identical to one another in every way and, to me at least, that'll mean the world has become an incredibly drab and monotonous place.

So, that being the case, what we'll have lost (probably) is diversity.

Honestly, I don't think it's possible that we will arbitrarily stop being racist.
To do so would require that we abandon all rational, objective judgement as well.
I mean, some people simply ARE more suitable for a given task than others.
If you want to build a spaceship you MUST hire people who're good at maths and science. You can't just hire the first 100 people who walk through the door and hope for the best.
Similarly, if you need to build an army you MUST hire people who're physically fit and have an aptitude for the task.

That being the case in the vast majority of walks of life, there'll always be people who apply critical-thinking improperly and conclude that entire groups are better than others.

You think we can't have diversity without racism? Everyday I see diversity without racism, are you saying non racists have abandoned all rational, objective judgement?
I can't tell if you're being serious.

As to your other weird points...
All skills can be taught/practiced. Don't limit yourself.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Frank39 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:41 am

Keyser wrote:
Foxy wrote:

Another 'ism' will take it's place. We seem to need a reason to hate our fellow man.

It seems innate - we are a very tribal species with an inbuilt hatred of 'the other'.

Speak for yourself Keys, I'm rather partial to a bit of 'the other.'
Frank39

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:50 am

Lambert wrote:You are making the common mistake of assuming that the nature of our species is evolving to a point where we will no longer do bad things.

I'm hopeful. The younger generation seem to be better at getting along with different races, but us oldies could do better.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:58 am

Whitebrit wrote:

You PC lefty lot will have lost the use of your favourite and frequently overused word?

What do I win? :smilin:

:dunno: my overused word atm is 'doors'. Don't ask.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Viper » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:00 am

It wont. Sjws need it. They will just continue on their absurd journey to find other things that are racist.
Viper

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:02 am

Frank39 wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
traveller wrote:

Why don't you prevail upon Doc Brown and Marty McFly to give you a ride into the future, setting the Delorean's controls for a trillion, billion years from now, find out what the people around then think of it ever dying out, then come back and let us know?

Because that's just lazy. I'd rather just ask you. What will be lost?

I'd guess that by saying travel a trillion, billion years into the future, then asking the people of that time if THEY think racism will ever die out, Traveller inferred that it would still be alive and kicking in the future.
I can't say what would be lost if racism died out, it's more a case of gaining if it did I suppose.
My own take on it is a bit like Chris Rock's HBO special, Bring the Pain, where he claims that there are two kinds of black people, regular black people, whom he likes, and niggas, whom he deplores.
He says there is more racism among blacks than there is among whites, he says that regular black people despise niggas more than whites do.
Niggas do the mugging and crime, and end every sentence with, "know what I'm say sayIn'?", regular black folks are then tarred with the nigga's brush.

Is despising people of your own race who behave in uncivilised ways racism?
I think that's more about being pissed off that they are bringing shame, and worse, on their own race.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:03 am

Big Fat Frosty wrote:

maybe...

But then you'd still have ego to deal with.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:05 am

Viper wrote:It wont. Sjws need it. They will just continue on their absurd journey to find other things that are racist.

if only the journey wasn't so easy.
Lady Murasaki

Postby luddite » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:52 am

As we are still importing racists, probably never. :woteva:
luddite

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:06 am

luddite wrote:As we are still importing racists, probably never. :woteva:

You won't live forever. : :again?:
Lady Murasaki

Postby luddite » Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:36 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
luddite wrote:As we are still importing racists, probably never. :woteva:

You won't live forever. : :again?:

Racism won't die because I'm not here to keep an eye on it Lady M. :woteva:

As we seem hell bent on importing racism we will never be free of it.

We had America as a blueprint for racism, we ignored it and decided that we'd like some of that; the lunatics are in charge. :doomed:
luddite

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms