Other Sports Thread Part Three.

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Other Sports Thread Part Three.

Postby Keyser » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:11 am

Guest wrote:http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/men-arent-really-equipped-to-do-sport-20170724132636

QUESTIONS have been raised as to whether men’s sport should be given equal coverage to women’s sport.

Yesterday saw England’s cricketers win the women’s world cup in a thrilling finale before England’s footballers beat Spain 2-0 at the women’s European Championships, something the men’s team will never achieve without drugs.

Sport watcher Wayne Hayes said: “It’s time we admitted that men aren’t really equipped to do sport. They lack the determination, the passion, and most of all, the killer instinct that sets our sportswomen apart from the ordinary bloke on the street.

“Giving men’s sport equal coverage is a good idea in theory, but I don’t know anyone who actually enjoys watching it.”

Football fan Tom Logan added: “Watching the Lionesses, I felt enjoyment, mixed with excitement and pride. As an England supporter I’ve never experienced any of those emotions before.”

Meanwhile, a British man did achieve some sporting success at the weekend but no-one cared because all he did was ride around France on his bicycle

:mrgreen:

Nice documentary on Leonard v Hearns 1.

Tommy came in overtrained and far too light for this battle (145) - but regardless there are only two welterweights in history who could have beaten him on that night -Ray and Robinson.

The two are very best friends now (unlike the whining bully Hagler and obnoxious Duran) and of course even though it was scored a draw Tommy won their long belated rematch (I scored it 115-113 for Hearns) and Ray even admits that.

Tommy is the most famous for being the perfect gentleman and Ray was not too bad either (read his autobiography for what he thinks of Hearns) - unlike utter arseholes like Mayweather today. The tradition is being carried on by GGG - who not only is a beast but a lovely bloke - all the modern day contrived slanging matches before a fight are embarrassing in my opinion. :cuppaT:

Keyser

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:09 pm

i.jpg

Scot Laura Muir has qualified for the semi-finals of the 1500 meters at the World Athletic Championships.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 05, 2017 5:15 pm

I don't imagine Laura will win it, not with that dude Caster Semeyna in the race.

Caster has an advantage over all the others..

:header:
Vicky

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:43 am

Vicky wrote:I don't imagine Laura will win it, not with that dude Caster Semeyna in the race.

Caster has an advantage over all the others..

:header:

There are several other 'intersex' athletes running other than Semenya - Burundi’s Francine Niyonsaba and Kenya’s Margaret Wambui (all 800m as their best distance) - it's not fair.

:Lucia:

As for fucking cheating Druglin winning last night it means jack shit - Bolt is undoubtedly the greatest sprinter and probably the greatest athlete of all time - and Mo is a total legend as well. :thumbsup:

England doing well in the test - let's hope it continues.
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:44 am

For all the hate Gatlin gets the most obnoxious, hypocritical cunt in the history of athletics has to be Carl Lewis.

He failed a drugs test in 1984 but the Olympics was in his backyard at Los Angeles and it was covered up by the Yanks. Shitloads of other American athletes had their failed tests being covered up because they were hosting the games.

The twat also failed drugs tests in the later Olympics of 1988 (I do wonder how many Flo Drug failed let alone the rest of the team) but the media wanted to demonise Ben Johnson to deflect attention - everyone in that fucking 100m final in Seoul was on drugs - so it was fair race.

The yanks systematically covered up for all their athletes for decades - so the holier than thou shit now about the Russians makes me laugh as well. :brickwall:
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Bolt at his peak - ran from 50 - 150m in 8.72 seconds - 41km - the fastest speed a human being has ever achieved! :kinell:

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:29 pm

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 pm

I suspect if Bolt was ever fully fit he could have gone under 9.50 (see the 2008 Olympic final when he was pissing about) - regardless 9.58 will stand for around 50 years.

Goodbye Usain. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:37 pm

Keyser

Postby Keyser » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:16 pm

Keyser

Postby Vicky » Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Trolls have hijacked a Twitter campaign for athletes to thank the National Lottery by getting them to hold up highly offensive signs.

Dozens of people changed the words on the cards and replaced them with sick messages.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4790826/Sick-trolls-hijack-Twitter-campaign-athletes.html
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:37 am

Defending World Champions England have reached the Final of the Women's Rugby World Cup after they defeated France.

Engerland will play New Zealand on Saturday in the final, which will be held in Belfast.

(Kick off 19:45 BST)

I will be supporting New Zealand.

My fellow Admin lives in New Zealand and the majority of people on here are English and i don't want Holls feeling lonely.

The fact i'm Scottish has got nothing to do with wanting England to lose.......

Vicky

Postby Keyser » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Not long until the Mayweather/McGregor farce - if the Irishman wins I have no doubt it is a fix so the wife beater Floyd can clear some of his debts in a rematch.

Fuck me - in the days of Leonard and Hearns the odds would be about how many body parts of Connor would survive - especially if Tommy landed that right with full force (and he would). :roll:
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:49 pm

Laura and Jason Kenny have welcomed the arrival of their first child, a wee boy called Albert.

Laura who has four Olympic golds and Jason who has six Olympic golds, announced the news earlier.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-41026832

Wee Albert will be on this as soon as he can.

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms