Poor losers...

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Poor losers...

Postby Keyser » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:39 pm

Amid all the gloating people should remember that we are now a pariah - Cameron does not have a fucking clue what he is doing and neither does Corbyn who seems to live in a bizarre far left leafy suburbia fantasy world.
Keyser

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:43 pm

Keyser wrote:Amid all the gloating people should remember that we are now a pariah - Cameron does not have a fucking clue what he is doing and neither does Corbyn who seems to live in a bizarre far left leafy suburbia fantasy world.

I've the feeling Cameron doesn't give a shit any more. Clueless Corbyn really is otherworldly but at least he's popular with party members!

Postby ambient » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Keyser wrote:Amid all the gloating people should remember that we are now a pariah - Cameron does not have a fucking clue what he is doing and neither does Corbyn who seems to live in a bizarre far left leafy suburbia fantasy world.

Might as well nuke the bastards, I will start a petition
ambient

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:03 pm

Oh yes! Bring on PM Boris and IDS! :leer:

Postby Keyser » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:16 pm

Guest wrote:

I've the feeling Cameron doesn't give a shit any more. Clueless Corbyn really is otherworldly but at least he's popular with party members!

Which is the problem - apart from them nobody will vote for him.

Labour seem determined to commit suicide and with the rise of the SNP taking all of their seats in Scotland we could be looking at 50 years of the Eton Mafia.
Keyser

Postby rollup » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:00 am

Maybe Cameron is cleverer than we thought ........ Maybe the following is true:

From the guardians comments section:

If Boris Johnson looked downbeat yesterday, that is because he realises that he has lost.

Perhaps many Brexiters do not realise it yet, but they have actually lost, and it is all down to one man: David Cameron.

With one fell swoop yesterday at 9:15 am, Cameron effectively annulled the referendum result, and simultaneously destroyed the political careers of Boris Johnson, Michael Gove and leading Brexiters who cost him so much anguish, not to mention his premiership.

How?

Throughout the campaign, Cameron had repeatedly said that a vote for leave would lead to triggering Article 50 straight away. Whether implicitly or explicitly, the image was clear: he would be giving that notice under Article 50 the morning after a vote to leave. Whether that was scaremongering or not is a bit moot now but, in the midst of the sentimental nautical references of his speech yesterday, he quietly abandoned that position and handed the responsibility over to his successor.

And as the day wore on, the enormity of that step started to sink in: the markets, Sterling, Scotland, the Irish border, the Gibraltar border, the frontier at Calais, the need to continue compliance with all EU regulations for a free market, re-issuing passports, Brits abroad, EU citizens in Britain, the mountain of legistlation to be torn up and rewritten ... the list grew and grew.

The referendum result is not binding. It is advisory. Parliament is not bound to commit itself in that same direction.

The Conservative party election that Cameron triggered will now have one question looming over it: will you, if elected as party leader, trigger the notice under Article 50?

Who will want to have the responsibility of all those ramifications and consequences on his/her head and shoulders?

Boris Johnson knew this yesterday, when he emerged subdued from his home and was even more subdued at the press conference. He has been out-maneouvered and check-mated.

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

The Brexit leaders now have a result that they cannot use. For them, leadership of the Tory party has become a poison chalice.

When Boris Johnson said there was no need to trigger Article 50 straight away, what he really meant to say was "never". When Michael Gove went on and on about "informal negotiations" ... why? why not the formal ones straight away? ... he also meant not triggering the formal departure. They both know what a formal demarche would mean: an irreversible step that neither of them is prepared to take.

All that remains is for someone to have the guts to stand up and say that Brexit is unachievable in reality without an enormous amount of pain and destruction, that cannot be borne. And David Cameron has put the onus of making that statement on the heads of the people who led the Brexit campaign.
rollup

Postby Garrett1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:05 am

:thumbsup:
Attachments
neg2.jpg
Neg 1.jpg
Neg 1.jpg (5.75 KiB) Viewed 746 times
Garrett1

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:47 am

Cornwall votes decisively for Brexit - then seeks 'assurances' that it won't lose the £60million a year it gets in EU subsidies

Cornwall voted to leave with 182,665 votes for Brexit to 140,540 for Remain
But Cornwall, one of the poorest parts of England, gets £60m from the EU
Council leader now begging Westminster to 'protect Cornwall's position'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4CgIp47p0

Poor losers indeed.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Garrett1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:01 am

Stooo wrote:
Cornwall votes decisively for Brexit - then seeks 'assurances' that it won't lose the £60million a year it gets in EU subsidies

Poor losers indeed.

Not at all, they just want fair funding from Westminster.

What's wrong with that Stoo?

PS If you think taking a feeble dig at Cornwall will bug me you are way off..water off a ducks back matey :smilin:
Garrett1

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:10 am

Garrett1 wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Poor losers indeed.

Not at all, they just want fair funding from Westminster.

What's wrong with that Stoo?

PS If you think taking a feeble dig at Cornwall will bug me you are way off..water off a ducks back matey :smilin:

It wasn't aimed at you. Why didn't Westminster fund Cornwall and Wales in the first place?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Garrett1 » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:50 pm

Stooo wrote:It wasn't aimed at you. Why didn't Westminster fund Cornwall and Wales in the first place?

I'm sure I asked you a question in my post you've quoted...what the fuck is the point when people "answer" questions with another fuckin question?
Garrett1

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Stooo wrote:It wasn't aimed at you. Why didn't Westminster fund Cornwall and Wales in the first place?

I'm sure I asked you a question in my post you've quoted...what the fuck is the point when people "answer" questions with another fuckin question?

I have no idea why Westminster didn't support the failing economic economic areas of this country, we have them in Devon too but Exeter, Torbay and to some extent Plymouth skew the overall graph of the amount of EU assistance that they currently get; same all over the country. Why do you think that these places were not considered to be priority areas for assistance from central government in the first place?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Random » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Yes what are the Cornish council leader playing at not declaring money given to the eden project?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-25534769

Something's iffy here.

At prices of £25 per adult, £14 per child or £68 for a family of four to visit, why can it not sustain itself rather than relying on handouts? It employs 400 workers and has 300 volunteers working for nothing, yet it cannot sustain itself.

I suspect this is one of those areas where through the guise of a charity someone is squirrelling public money away for a rainy day!
Random

Postby luddite » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Stooo wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

I have no idea why Westminster didn't support the failing economic economic areas of this country, we have them in Devon too but Exeter, Torbay and to some extent Plymouth skew the overall graph of the amount of EU assistance that they currently get; same all over the country. Why do you think that these places were not considered to be priority areas for assistance from central government in the first place?

Bit tetchy ain't be Stoooart, if I didn't know better I'd say he's a bad winner. :dunno:
luddite

Postby Stooo » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:50 pm

luddite wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

Bit tetchy ain't be Stoooart, if I didn't know better I'd say he's a bad winner. :dunno:

No, you now have your answer and a question regarding it. Please use my username rather than a childish parody or I will ban you.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms