Selfie accidents...

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Selfie accidents...

Postby Vicky » Thu May 05, 2016 11:48 am

Garrett1 wrote:
Vam wrote::ooer: ...why the hell did I click into this thread?!

Grimy, grungy people. Lovely! .... :Hiya:

Not feeling too good myself ....yuck!

This thread was clearly about selfie accidents, not accidental pics with selfies.

Still was bound to happen I guess, when you've got a forum full of "care in the community" types and foreigners living here who can't read our fucking language properly.... :smilin:

Care in the community? :snooty:
Vicky

Postby Garrett1 » Thu May 05, 2016 11:58 am

Victoria wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

This thread was clearly about selfie accidents, not accidental pics with selfies.

Still was bound to happen I guess, when you've got a forum full of "care in the community" types and foreigners living here who can't read our fucking language properly.... :smilin:

*Sigh* Is that yet another phrase (often used in a lighthearted way) that's no longer acceptable? Dear me.

My point is, and I've noticed this on other forums, folks these days seem to respond to posts without actually reading what they are about, this thread is an example of that.
Folks saw the word selfie, it triggers something in their brain, and they immediately rush to put up selfie pics which are totally unrelated to the OP.

Like feckin lemmings they are... :smilin:
Garrett1

Postby Keyser » Thu May 05, 2016 12:02 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

*Sigh* Is that yet another phrase (often used in a lighthearted way) that's no longer acceptable? Dear me.

My point is, and I've noticed this on other forums, folks these days seem to respond to posts without actually reading what they are about, this thread is an example of that.
Folks saw the word selfie, it triggers something in their brain, and they immediately rush to put up selfie pics which are totally unrelated to the OP.

I just though a bit of humour would not go amiss - you have to admit some of them are funny. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Thu May 05, 2016 12:04 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

I wasn't being serious, there's a few on here who give the impression they're "Care in the Community" types.

Me, being one of the main one's.

You'll discover that, when you get to know me better. :laughing:
Vicky

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

As far as I'm concerned it is.

Now Garrett, go and take a selfie while standing on one leg on the edge of a very high cliff. Please post on the way down!

Postby Vicky » Thu May 05, 2016 12:05 pm

Anyway!!

I need to go and cast my vote for the Scottish Parliament.

See you later Gars. :Hiya:
Vicky

Postby Garrett1 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:08 pm

Victoria wrote:I wasn't being serious, there's a few on here who give the impression they're "Care in the Community" types.

I misunderstood, my apologies.

Vote wisely. :smilin:
Garrett1

Postby McAz » Thu May 05, 2016 12:10 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:Apparently more people have died from selfie accidents than from shark attacks.

Not sure that's true:

Debunking the Great ‘Selfies Are More Deadly Than Shark Attacks’ Myth

When it comes to which is more deadly—selfies or shark attacks—no analysis would have been better than a bad analysis.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/10/05/debunking-the-great-selfies-are-more-deadly-than-shark-attacks-myth.html
McAz

Postby OHW » Thu May 05, 2016 12:12 pm

:mrgreen: Had a right good laugh at some of these! Just what I needed! :Wiiiine!:
OHW

Postby Garrett1 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:38 pm

Guest wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

Aww never mind, you'll probably get over it.

Going around with that bag on your head probably ain't helping mind. :smilin:

Guest wrote:Now Garrett, go and take a selfie while standing on one leg on the edge of a very high cliff.
[/quote]

Easy, I spent years working at heights, many of them before the excessive H&S rules came into place. :thumbsup:
Garrett1

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2016 2:08 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Garrett1 wrote:

Aww never mind, you'll probably get over it.

Going around with that bag on your head probably ain't helping mind. :smilin:

[/quote]

Oh Garrett, you don't seem to understand that it's just a random picture. That's not me under a bag.

Postby Vicky » Thu May 05, 2016 2:37 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Victoria wrote:I wasn't being serious, there's a few on here who give the impression they're "Care in the Community" types.

I misunderstood, my apologies.

Vote wisely. :smilin:

I did Gars, I'm an ardent Scottish nationalist. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby PinkSmurf » Fri May 06, 2016 2:07 am

Garrett1 wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:Apparently more people have died from selfie accidents than from shark attacks.

Tsk.. make yerself a cuppa and sit down and actually read the link in the OP Toots. *sigh* :cuppaT:

Guilty as charged. Sorry. I got the shark thing from a different link so there's quite probably some truth in it.
PinkSmurf

Postby Stooo » Sat May 07, 2016 4:48 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Easy, I spent years working at heights, many of them before the excessive H&S rules came into place. :thumbsup:

Excessive? SWAH 2005 is an advisory document that many companies write into the T&C's of a job as a condition of employment to keep their lawyers happy. Personally I felt a lot more confident and professional with all the kit on. I was a special heights engineer for Sky a while ago.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Sat May 07, 2016 7:29 pm

Train theme :

Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms