Cilla Black

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Cilla Black

Postby Vicky » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:44 pm

Aziz wrote:
Victoria wrote:Katie Hopkins has been criticised for saying too many "Celebrities" were in a "Rush to Gush" over Cilla Black's death.

I can't stand Katie Hopkins, but in this instance she does have a point.

Sir Clifford of Richard said Cilla was "incredibly gifted" - as if he'd know. :gigglesnshit:

Christopher Biggins said it's just like when Diana died

Lionel Blair was on This Morning along with him, he seemed "Distraught" :ooer:
Vicky

Postby McAz » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Victoria wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Victoria wrote:Katie Hopkins has been criticised for saying too many "Celebrities" were in a "Rush to Gush" over Cilla Black's death.

Sir Clifford of Richard said Cilla was "incredibly gifted" - as if he'd know. :gigglesnshit:

The luvvies are certainly in full flow today. :shake head:
McAz

Postby Vicky » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:22 pm

Even Brucie was wheeled out for a guest appearance. :roll:
Vicky

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:57 pm

Victoria wrote:
Aziz wrote:

He's on BBC News 24 now, waxing lyrical and telling Gavin Esler that everyone loved her.

No disrespect - but you don't speak for me, Lionel! :monkey:

I think he's over-egging the pudding.
Dimples

Postby Vicky » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:46 pm

Dimples wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Aziz wrote:

He's on BBC News 24 now, waxing lyrical and telling Gavin Esler that everyone loved her.

His performance on this morning was cringe-making.

They way he leaned over for a hankie with tears rolling down his face at one point.

Looked very "staged" to me.
Vicky

Postby guest » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:08 pm

Victoria wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Aziz wrote:

His performance on this morning was cringe-making.

They way he leaned over for a hankie with tears rolling down his face at one point.

Looked very "staged" to me.

Seriously?
I understand that people (the average joe public) didn't like her, because of these 'rumours' on the net that she was this and that... but why can't people understand and except that in the 'showbiz' world she was actually loved?
I feel so sad for her 3 boys. losing a parent at any age is bloody hard.

Postby guest » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:54 pm

I've nothing nasty to say about her, it was sad she was only 72 years old.
My problem is she came from Liverpool. This is a city that will milk the grief for weeks and beyond.
There was even two thick liverbirds on the news this morning claiming "our Cilla put Liverpool on the map".
Now correct me if I'm wrong but in the world of entertainment wasn't that 4 blokes with funny haircuts.

Postby McAz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:48 am

guest wrote:There was even two thick liverbirds on the news this morning claiming "our Cilla put Liverpool on the map".
Now correct me if I'm wrong but in the world of entertainment wasn't that 4 blokes with funny haircuts.

The Cartographers? Never heard of them. :dunno:
McAz

Postby David duckenfield » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:30 pm

guest wrote:I've nothing nasty to say about her, it was sad she was only 72 years old.
My problem is she came from Liverpool. This is a city that will milk the grief for weeks and beyond.
There was even two thick liverbirds on the news this morning claiming "our Cilla put Liverpool on the map".

One imagines this is a reference to Hillsborough and the outpouring of grief...after the suns shameful fit up,and police covering up for their total incompetence...." milking " that grief was the least they deserved... :cuppaT:
David duckenfield

Postby Barmy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:58 pm

I don't like Cilla n Liverpool cos of Hillsborough, is the stupidest attitude ever. I wonder at the idiocy of some people. How about she wailed like tortured cat? Or she was rude to cabin staff on planes? But Hillsborough ffs? That's twice someone has tried to drag that in. Weird.

RIP Cilla btw.
Barmy

Postby David duckenfield » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:29 pm

Barmy wrote:I don't like Cilla n Liverpool cos of Hillsborough, is the stupidest attitude ever. I wonder at the idiocy of some people. How about she wailed like tortured cat? Or she was rude to cabin staff on planes? But Hillsborough ffs? That's twice someone has tried to drag that in. Weird.

RIP Cilla btw.

You said Liverpool,as a city,milks grief..Hillsborough was the biggest outpouring of grief the city has ever had..hardly weird to presume that was your premiss for a nonsensical statement.. :smilin:
David duckenfield

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Barmy wrote:I don't like Cilla n Liverpool cos of Hillsborough, is the stupidest attitude ever. I wonder at the idiocy of some people. How about she wailed like tortured cat? Or she was rude to cabin staff on planes? But Hillsborough ffs? That's twice someone has tried to drag that in. Weird.

RIP Cilla btw.

That wasn't what was said. You're not from Liverpool by any chance, you're thick enough.

Postby Guest » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:34 pm

Guest wrote:

RIP Cilla btw.

That wasn't what was said. You're not from Liverpool by any chance, you're thick enough.

I'm afraid you're the one who is rather intellectually challenged if you don't think "This is a city that will milk the grief for weeks and beyond" is a snide reference to Hillsborough.

Postby Si_Crewe » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:16 pm

I thought it was a bit ironic the way that the BBC has an article from yesterday where a "close personal friend" revealed that Cilla Black was depressed and willing herself to die and that she longed to be with her Bobby again etc... and then there's the results of the autopsy which shows that she slipped, hit her head and suffered a fatal stroke.

Just shows how some unscrupulous people are willing to scuttle to the media with any old bollocks if it means they get some attention, however fleeting.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:I thought it was a bit ironic the way that the BBC has an article from yesterday where a "close personal friend" revealed that Cilla Black was depressed and willing herself to die and that she longed to be with her Bobby again etc... and then there's the results of the autopsy which shows that she slipped, hit her head and suffered a fatal stroke.

Just shows how some unscrupulous people are willing to scuttle to the media with any old bollocks if it means they get some attention, however fleeting.

I heard some years ago that she suffered from depression as I said earlier in this thread.
McAz

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms