National Hypochondriacs

A right load of bollocks...

National Hypochondriacs

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:39 pm

Just came across this article in the Daily Wail.... :pmsl:

When illness strikes, the internet is increasingly where people turn to discover what condition is causing their symptoms.

One in four Brits use the internet to self-diagnose their illnesses, a new survey has revealed.

But, the research goes further, revealing exactly which conditions are most prevalent in the internet histories of people in different parts of the country.

Essex is the chlamydia capital of the UK, diarrhoea is the biggest concern for patients in Shropshire, while the debilitating disease MS is top of Londoners health-related Google searches.

The most searched for health condition across the UK was back pain, with the highest number of searches for the complaint taking place in Liverpool.

Most searched for health conditions AND top location for searching the condition

1. Back pain - Liverpool

2. Diarrhoea - Shropshire

3. Depression - Liverpool

4. Rheumatism - Belfast

5. Multiple sclerosis - London

6. Meningitis - Surrey

7. Chlamydia - Essex

8. Ovulation - Essex

9. Lupus - Surrey

10. Diabetes - Hertfordshire

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -wide.html

Not sure that ovulation counts as a health condition as such.... but makes for entertaining reading if you're fond of stereotypes. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Re: National Hypochondriacs

Postby Guest 101 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:47 pm

I'm amazed that Lupus isn't the top search for Essex...loads of people I know claim to suffer from it.

And no, ovulation isn't a health condition...it can cause pain and bloating, but only for a couple of days!
Guest 101

Postby Vicky » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:47 pm

I noticed the Scots aren't into this diagnose yourself by internet craze. :laughing:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Victoria wrote:I noticed the Scots aren't into this diagnose yourself by internet craze. :laughing:

They don't need to be, they're all fucking mad and they know it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Dimples » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:I noticed the Scots aren't into this diagnose yourself by internet craze. :laughing:

:awesome:
Dimples

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Scousers are obviously smart cookies.

They're obviously aware that back-pain is almost impossible to reliably diagnose and verify.
Si_Crewe

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:04 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:Scousers are obviously smart cookies.

They're obviously aware that back-pain is almost impossible to reliably diagnose and verify.

You spotted it too. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Gabby » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:15 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:Scousers are obviously smart cookies.

Yeah, that and depression :gigglesnshit: .... both difficult to disprove!
Gabby

Postby Vam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:19 pm

LOVE #7! :gigglesnshit:

(sorry, G101! :doomed: )
Vam

Postby Ninj » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:28 pm

Of course they're mostly conditions that allow one to (ma)linger for decades. No quick dispatch there.
Ninj

Postby Vicky » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:32 pm

Trapper John wrote:

You say that, as if it's a bad thing. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:46 pm

Dimples wrote:Just came across this article in the Daily Wail.... :pmsl:

When illness strikes, the internet is increasingly where people turn to discover what condition is causing their symptoms.

One in four Brits use the internet to self-diagnose their illnesses, a new survey has revealed.

But, the research goes further, revealing exactly which conditions are most prevalent in the internet histories of people in different parts of the country.

Essex is the chlamydia capital of the UK, diarrhoea is the biggest concern for patients in Shropshire, while the debilitating disease MS is top of Londoners health-related Google searches.

The most searched for health condition across the UK was back pain, with the highest number of searches for the complaint taking place in Liverpool.

Most searched for health conditions AND top location for searching the condition

1. Back pain - Liverpool

4. Rheumatism - Belfast

6. Meningitis - Surrey

7. Chlamydia - Essex

8. Ovulation - Essex

9. Lupus - Surrey

Not sure that ovulation counts as a health condition as such.... but makes for entertaining reading if you're fond of stereotypes. :gigglesnshit:

I really hate going to the doctors surgery to sit amongst the professional sick
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest 101 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Vam wrote:LOVE #7! :gigglesnshit:

(sorry, G101! :doomed: )

:snooty: :snooty: :snooty:
Guest 101

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:59 pm

LordRaven wrote:

1. Back pain - Liverpool

4. Rheumatism - Belfast

6. Meningitis - Surrey

7. Chlamydia - Essex

8. Ovulation - Essex

9. Lupus - Surrey

I hate it too .... but I while away the hours after my appointment time was due, by seeing if I can count the fists full of prescriptions the foreigners and their tribes of kids walk out with and then guessing their nationalities.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Trapper John wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

1. Back pain - Liverpool

4. Rheumatism - Belfast

6. Meningitis - Surrey

7. Chlamydia - Essex

8. Ovulation - Essex

9. Lupus - Surrey

I hate it too .... but I while away the hours after my appointment time was due, by seeing if I can count the fists full of prescriptions the foreigners and their tribes of kids walk out with and then guessing their nationalities.

Just head to the pharmacy and you'll see them all queuing up :pmsl:
Anyway, I wouldn't do that, I have far better things to do with my time rather than worry about the nationalities of fellow londoners.
Some of the languages are beyond me, I am at a loss to understand them.
I was talking to a guy I know the other day and he said he's going home for christmas, when I enquired where to he said Kinshasa :yikes: :yikes:
Brave fucker! He'll catch more there than the Doctors Surgery :pmsl:
LordRaven
Twat.

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms