National Hypochondriacs

A right load of bollocks...

Re: National Hypochondriacs

Postby LordRaven » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:04 pm

Trapper John wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:Just came across this article in the Daily Wail.... :pmsl:

When illness strikes, the internet is increasingly where people turn to discover what condition is causing their symptoms.

One in four Brits use the internet to self-diagnose their illnesses, a new survey has revealed.

But, the research goes further, revealing exactly which conditions are most prevalent in the internet histories of people in different parts of the country.

Essex is the chlamydia capital of the UK, diarrhoea is the biggest concern for patients in Shropshire, while the debilitating disease MS is top of Londoners health-related Google searches.

The most searched for health condition across the UK was back pain, with the highest number of searches for the complaint taking place in Liverpool.

Most searched for health conditions AND top location for searching the condition

1. Back pain - Liverpool

2. Diarrhoea - Shropshire

3. Depression - Liverpool

4. Rheumatism - Belfast

5. Multiple sclerosis - London

6. Meningitis - Surrey

7. Chlamydia - Essex

8. Ovulation - Essex

9. Lupus - Surrey

10. Diabetes - Hertfordshire

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -wide.html

Not sure that ovulation counts as a health condition as such.... but makes for entertaining reading if you're fond of stereotypes. :gigglesnshit:

I really hate going to the doctors surgery to sit amongst the professional sick

I hate it too .... but I while away the hours after my appointment time was due, by seeing if I can count the fists full of prescriptions the foreigners and their tribes of kids walk out with and then guessing their nationalities.

Just head to the pharmacy and you'll see them all queuing up :pmsl:
Anyway, I wouldn't do that, I have far better things to do with my time rather than worry about the nationalities of fellow londoners.
Some of the languages are beyond me, I am at a loss to understand them.
I was talking to a guy I know the other day and he said he's going home for christmas, when I enquired where to he said Kinshasa :yikes: :yikes:
Brave fucker! He'll catch more there than the Doctors Surgery :pmsl:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Vam » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 pm

Guest 101 wrote:
Vam wrote:LOVE #7! :gigglesnshit:

(sorry, G101! :doomed: )

:snooty: :snooty: :snooty:

As if I'd ever include you in that category! :wink: It did make me laugh, though.
Vam

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:42 pm

Victoria wrote:I noticed the Scots aren't into this diagnose yourself by internet craze. :laughing:

Self-diagnosis using the internet can be irresistible if your'e suffering with symptoms but I try not to because I have done this a couple of times and been completely wrong. My G.P says that although anyone can google symptoms, if they are not trained to interpret the results, there is no point indulging in what is essentially a guessing game. It can also frighten people away from consulting their doctor as we all tend to choose the worst case scenario that may pop up. We plump for cancer of the toe, for instance, instead of a simple nail infection.

Having said that, there was the recent awful case of the young girl with a rare cancer and the doctors refused to listen to her concerns and symptoms. They botched her treatment and she died. She knew more than they did about her particular cancer because it was so rare and she had researched it extensively. Some doctors really do not like to be questioned or challenged by their patients but the internet, used wisely, can at least give you a list of questions to ask at your consultation. A good doctor will listen and work with you to diagnose.
Cleopatra

Postby Cleopatra » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Poca wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:Scousers are obviously smart cookies.

They're obviously aware that back-pain is almost impossible to reliably diagnose and verify.

Yeah, that and depression :gigglesnshit: .... both difficult to disprove!

Depression can actually be easy to prove, in many cases. There is often a history of substance abuse, chaotic lifestyles, medication, hospital admissions etc. over many years. When you have seen the damage it causes to peoples lives it is tragic, rather than funny.
Cleopatra

Postby Aleksandr Orlov » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Trapper John wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
Dimples wrote:Just came across this article in the Daily Wail.... :pmsl:

When illness strikes, the internet is increasingly where people turn to discover what condition is causing their symptoms.

One in four Brits use the internet to self-diagnose their illnesses, a new survey has revealed.

But, the research goes further, revealing exactly which conditions are most prevalent in the internet histories of people in different parts of the country.

Essex is the chlamydia capital of the UK, diarrhoea is the biggest concern for patients in Shropshire, while the debilitating disease MS is top of Londoners health-related Google searches.

The most searched for health condition across the UK was back pain, with the highest number of searches for the complaint taking place in Liverpool.

Most searched for health conditions AND top location for searching the condition

1. Back pain - Liverpool

2. Diarrhoea - Shropshire

3. Depression - Liverpool

4. Rheumatism - Belfast

5. Multiple sclerosis - London

6. Meningitis - Surrey

7. Chlamydia - Essex

8. Ovulation - Essex

9. Lupus - Surrey

10. Diabetes - Hertfordshire

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/artic ... -wide.html

Not sure that ovulation counts as a health condition as such.... but makes for entertaining reading if you're fond of stereotypes. :gigglesnshit:

I really hate going to the doctors surgery to sit amongst the professional sick

I hate it too .... but I while away the hours after my appointment time was due, by seeing if I can count the fists full of prescriptions the foreigners and their tribes of kids walk out with and then guessing their nationalities.

What is wrong with foreigners exactly Mr John?
And what is this trapper thing?
Are you trapping little furry animals? :grrrrr:
Aleksandr Orlov

Postby Vicky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:22 am

Aleksandr Orlov wrote:What is wrong with foreigners exactly Mr John?

Yes he is trapping little furry animals, it's rats he's targeting at the moment.

Tell me?

Who could hurt a cute wee fur-ball like this?

Vicky

Postby Dimples » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:59 am

11. Coatbridge - Paper cuts

:whistle:

:awesome:
Dimples

Postby Vicky » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:00 am

Dimples wrote:11. Coatbridge - Paper cuts

:whistle:

:awesome:

Busted!! :oops:
Vicky

Postby Creamola Foam » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:22 am

A friend of mine goggled his symptoms once and it came back with Aids, leukaemia and MS as the most likely causes. He got himself well worked up, when he eventually got an appointment to see the doc it turned out he had a chest infection. Cost me a fiver, my money was on aids :gigglesnshit:
Creamola Foam

Postby measurer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:20 pm

Two days and the biggest hypochondriac hasn't hijacked this yet???
Wonders will never cease. :gigglesnshit:
measurer

Postby LordRaven » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Victoria wrote:
Aleksandr Orlov wrote:What is wrong with foreigners exactly Mr John?

Yes he is trapping little furry animals, it's rats he's targeting at the moment.

Tell me?

Who could hurt a cute wee fur-ball like this?

I saw a photo on the seagull thread that suggests seagulls would. :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Poca wrote:

They're obviously aware that back-pain is almost impossible to reliably diagnose and verify.

:ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Gabby » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:05 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Poca wrote:

Depression can actually be easy to prove, in many cases. There is often a history of substance abuse, chaotic lifestyles, medication, hospital admissions etc. over many years. When you have seen the damage it causes to peoples lives it is tragic, rather than funny.

I'm sure genuine depression can be easily proven..... but when people use it as an excuse solely for time off work it's hard to disprove from a GP's point of view!........... and I'm not laughing at genuine cases... so get off your high horse! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:06 pm

Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:

WHAT???
Gabby

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:10 pm

Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:

WHAT???

Scouseville :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms