National Hypochondriacs

A right load of bollocks...

Re: National Hypochondriacs

Postby Dimples » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:20 pm

Lambert wrote:I had an ache in my right side below my rib. When I saw the list of potential causes I just thought fuck it, if it gets worse I'll see the doctor :ooer:

Do you fit the classic profile for gall-bladder disease? :leer:
Dimples

Postby measurer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:23 pm

Pancreatic cancer! Cirrhosis of the liver! All manner of things it could be - get to the doc! lol
measurer

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:30 am

measurer wrote:Pancreatic cancer! Cirrhosis of the liver! All manner of things it could be - get to the doc! lol

no need

just man up it will sort itself :thumbsup:
Creamola Foam

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:37 am

Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:
Exactly.... the two most abused reasons for skiving off work..... stress is another!

I get less stress at work...

:laughing:..... them cats giving you grief? :gigglesnshit:

Aswell as the non-functioning depressives I mentioned earlier, there are also functioning ones. You should educate yourself before perpetuating stereotypes out of ignorance. And stress-related illness is very real and is recognised as one of the main reasons for absence from work. It is mostly workers who suffer from stress-related illnesses, not so-called skivers. In fact, evidence shows that it tends to be high achievers and hard workers who are most at risk. :smilin:
Cleopatra

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 am

Cleopatra wrote:
Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:
Exactly.... the two most abused reasons for skiving off work..... stress is another!

Aswell as the non-functioning depressives I mentioned earlier, there are also functioning ones. You should educate yourself before perpetuating stereotypes out of ignorance. And stress-related illness is very real and is recognised as one of the main reasons for absence from work. It is mostly workers who suffer from stress-related illnesses, not so-called skivers. In fact, evidence shows that it tends to be high achievers and hard workers who are most at risk. :smilin:

I think her point was that back pain, depression and stress often have no visible signs and are therefore easier to fake and harder to prove
Creamola Foam

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:56 am

Creamola Foam wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:

I think her point was that back pain, depression and stress often have no visible signs and are therefore easier to fake and harder to prove

Thanks, Creamy. Whatever would I have done without you to, err "point out" her point? :smilin:

I know what she meant. The lazy, stereotypical, shallow assertion mildly irritated me, so I commented. Now I've made my point, I'll leave it there. :smilin:
Cleopatra

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:01 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Thanks, Creamy. Whatever would I have done without you to, err "point out" her point? :smilin:

I know what she meant. The lazy, stereotypical, shallow assertion mildly irritated me, so I commented. Now I've made my point, I'll leave it there. :smilin:

Always happy to help :wubwub:

It is always the minority that ruin things I suppose. The ones who will use any loop hole to buck the system. The ones who want to live of welfare rather than get of their arses.

As for stress and depression, it is still widely regarded as weakness or failure in some way, or it is in my world anyway . Fair play to anyone who actually stands up and admits thats what they have
Creamola Foam

Postby Cleopatra » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:07 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

It is always the minority that ruin things I suppose. The ones who will use any loop hole to buck the system. The ones who want to live of welfare rather than get of their arses.

As for stress and depression, it is still widely regarded as weakness or failure in some way, or it is in my world anyway . Fair play to anyone who actually stands up and admits thats what they have

There is a mental health time-bomb in this country. The N.H.S, the police service, the criminal justice system, social service system; all are buckling beneath it and unless more money is pumped into mental health and fast, it's gonna collapse. I think the 1 in 4 statistic is underestimated.
Cleopatra

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Creamola Foam wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:

There is a mental health time-bomb in this country. The N.H.S, the police service, the criminal justice system, social service system; all are buckling beneath it and unless more money is pumped into mental health and fast, it's gonna collapse. I think the 1 in 4 statistic is underestimated.

I have only recently come across anyone I know suffering from depression and someone with ptsd. Until someone i knew had it, i was always very dismissive of it but it has changed the people I know quite dramatically and the person with depression is really struggling to say light at the end of the tunnel
Creamola Foam

Postby kathers » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:

You're right, you can't say that people who have/say they have depression are split into people who can't get out of bed and "fakes." Depression can manifest in so many different ways, and it varies from culture to culture and person to person. Some people are able to drag themselves out of bed and appear to function, but you don't know what effort it takes them or how it can drain them and make matters worse in the long run. Some people can function if they aren't working, but the stress of the workplace tips them over the edge. What are they supposed to do? Of course some will scam the system but I think you throw so many people under the bus who are genuinely suffering when you generalise like that.
kathers

Postby Gabby » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:29 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:

Stresshead!! :woteva:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:
Cleopatra wrote:
Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:

:thumbsup:... we got there in the end! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:37 pm

Cleopatra wrote:
Poca wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Poca wrote:

I don't doubt it... and haven't said so once in this thread!

But there are also many lying, cheating scroungers who blag their GP by using those reasons purely to skive off work because they can't be disproved!!............ FFS! :thud:
Gabby

Postby Trapper John » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Cleopatra is the forum's champion of lost and unpopular causes - say anything about her beloved immigrants or that maybe some women who make claims of historical abuse might be stretching the truth somewhat, and she threatens you with the Police. :smilin:

Looks like she's got a thing for nutters now, too.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Gabby » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:50 pm

Trapper John wrote:Cleopatra is the forum's champion of lost and unpopular causes - say anything about her beloved immigrants or that maybe some women who make claims of historical abuse might be stretching the truth somewhat, and she threatens you with the Police. :smilin:

Looks like she's got a thing for nutters now, too.

She totally misconstrued my posts!...... but hey fucking ho! :Wiiiine!:
Gabby

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms