Drugs Test- A pre-requisite to Claiming Benefit

A right load of bollocks...

Drugs Test- A pre-requisite to Claiming Benefit

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:47 am

I am not sure how true this is but apparently Florida, Kentucky and Missouri have passed a bill that states you must pass a drugs test before you can claim welfare.

The validity of the story isn't my point. My point is do you think this kind of thing should be a law or not. Many people ie The Armed Forces, Police, Oil and Gas have regular random drugs testing. So if you have to pass a drugs test to earn a wage and pay tax, why should you not have to be drug free to get the benefit of others hard work????
Creamola Foam

Re: Drugs Test- A pre-requisite to Claiming Benefit

Postby safetynet » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:38 am

Creamola Foam wrote:I am not sure how true this is but apparently Florida, Kentucky and Missouri have passed a bill that states you must pass a drugs test before you can claim welfare.

The validity of the story isn't my point. My point is do you think this kind of thing should be a law or not. Many people ie The Armed Forces, Police, Oil and Gas have regular random drugs testing. So if you have to pass a drugs test to earn a wage and pay tax, why should you not have to be drug free to get the benefit of others hard work????

Most of the benefits paid out in this country are pensions and tax credits paid to the working poor. Most of whom have either worked hard all their lives or are working hard right now. Those who have never worked and claim benefits and are also capable for working do exist but they are a tiny percentage of the benefits bill. Drug testing is the thin end of the wedge, soon it will be food stamps and then restrictions on what you can get with food stamps. All of which jolly schemes are proven to cost more to run than they actually save, but that isn't really the point of them. The point is to stigmatise and demonise benefit claimants and provide a handy distraction to the fact that we now have a low wage economy and the people at the top are gambolling in clover. Its working well too, well done chaps, trebles all round.
safetynet

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:17 am

Actually food stamps are a good idea, means that children get fed instead of the money going on fags, booze and tattoos.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:25 am

I think they should have drug tests and a breath test each time they sign on. If they've got kids they should get the benefits in vouchers for food, gas &electric, clothing &shoes and just a minimum in cash. They can always afford to smoke, drink & watch Sky.

Postby safetynet » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:36 am

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Actually food stamps are a good idea, means that children get fed instead of the money going on fags, booze and tattoos.

No they are not, there will just be a black market for them and they will be sold at less than face value. If some people really favour booze and fags over feeding their kids, would make damn all difference, in fact the kids will get less.
safetynet

Postby safetynet » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:39 am

Guest wrote:I think they should have drug tests and a breath test each time they sign on. If they've got kids they should get the benefits in vouchers for food, gas &electric, clothing &shoes and just a minimum in cash. They can always afford to smoke, drink & watch Sky.

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW MUCH THAT WOULD COST?

Sorry.

I'm calm now.

And breathe.
safetynet

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:40 am

Guest wrote: They can always afford to smoke, drink & watch Sky.

and sit on the internet all day posting absolute pish....
:hand:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/welfare.asp
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:43 am

The far right worrying about what others might or might not, be getting. :roll:

Why are you so concerned about somebody getting something you're not? Why does it bother you so much? Envy? :dunno:

It's not as if anything will change for you whether someone gets £74 per week or not. Maybe it's just the authoritarian attitude that dominates you? The need to tell others what they can do, what they can have and how they should behave?

History has shown us that sort of behaviour before...

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:13 pm

Take note how small the sliver is for out of work benefit.

Then note how large the pension portion is.

Drug testing OAP's? :dunno:

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:21 pm

why would you drug test oap's, the pension is based on what they have EARNED and already contributed in tax and NI

I am not against benefits or welfare , I am against getting something for nothing and helping people who don't want to help themselves
Creamola Foam

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:29 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:why would you drug test oap's, the pension is based on what they have EARNED and already contributed in tax and NI

I am not against benefits or welfare , I am against getting something for nothing and helping people who don't want to help themselves

Pensions are benefits. They are paid out of current taxation, not some sort of 'pension pot' or savings. All you need is an NI stamp for 30 years. they can be had for £2-80 per week

Someone who is out of work aged 64 and 51 weeks is a 'scrounger' who 'gets something for nothing' but in one weeks time, he's a valued citizen who thoroughly deserves the doubling, at least, of their previous income. :dunno:

Everyone pays tax, the indirect taxation system is large and far reaching. Most people work at some point in their lives, many for most of their working lives. The lies from governments and the daily mail are not borne out by the facts. The gullible and hard of thinking fall for them though and attitudes like these are formed. :roll:

Postby Puzzler » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:50 pm

I think this idea is absolute bullshit on so many levels - for one who gives a fuck what a person spends their money on unless they have kids to look after? For 2, why not go further and have alcohol and nicotine testing too - otherwise this looks like yet another attempt to make life difficult for those of us who choose to put non government sanctioned 'drugs'(in my case a plant as I don't touch anything stronger than ganja these days - unless you count the demon drink) in our own bodies.
Puzzler

Postby Puzzler » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:53 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:why would you drug test oap's, the pension is based on what they have EARNED and already contributed in tax and NI

Look at the fatcat bankers and tax dodgers - they cost this country far more money than us unemployed and/or disabled with various drug habits - why not pick on them instead of the little man?
Puzzler

Postby Puzzler » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:Actually food stamps are a good idea, means that children get fed instead of the money going on fags, booze and tattoos.

Food stamps only if you're a registered parent? Or should those of us with no kids suffer because of shitty parents(and Ray, not every mum or dad on benefits blows it on drink and fags - trust me).
Puzzler

Postby Puzzler » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:58 pm

Guest wrote:I think they should have drug tests and a breath test each time they sign on. If they've got kids they should get the benefits in vouchers for food, gas &electric, clothing &shoes and just a minimum in cash. They can always afford to smoke, drink & watch Sky.

I think you should be breathalysed every time you go to work and if you're so much as 0.1 of a milligram over the limit you should be sacked on the spot, then you can join the rest of us doley scum you tory cunt. :hand:
Puzzler

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms