Drugs Test- A pre-requisite to Claiming Benefit

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Drugs Test- A pre-requisite to Claiming Benefit

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Maddog wrote:
Why would a real libertarian ask that question?

Because I was addressing the system that is in place. Not the system I would prefer.

I live in the real world where governments confiscate money under the threat of force and imprisonment. Since they are going to keep doing that, there is no reason I shouldn't support ideas to make sure that money is spent wisely.

Do you have any more questions about the topic, with the topic not being me?

Quit with the amateur dramatics. You pay tax, just like people throughout the west do. That tax goes towards running the country, including supporting those in need or disadvantaged. It's humane and right that civilised wealthy countries do that.

You want to live without the benefits of a western democracy, fuck off to a poor African nation. What's stopping you? No tax there. :thumbsup:

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:01 pm

jra wrote:
Coercing. What the hell. Do you think I beat them up and handcuff them before frog-marching them to the council offices. Get fucking real here.

And no, it's not. Payment to me directly is with the tenants consent. And my bedsits are anything but slums. And I only charge market rate rents. But, you thought you'd be a clever dick and make accusations about a situation you know nothing about. Good one. So, when you know what you are talking about, get back to me.

Yep, coercing. Housing benefit paid to the landlord is not the norm but scummy landlords insist on it so they have the upper hand. They can let the place rot, do no repairs and make demands and the tenant can't do a thing about it. Just the sort who never return the deposit, just make excuses to keep that as well. Slum landlord or gang master tactics. :shake head:

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:16 pm

measurer wrote:For you, I will tell you that shorts are news items - I know how your system works just fine - you treat people that don't work like lepers. I have friends there, who are really ill yet can get no assistance, and are fighting until they die, unfortunately. And I also know of your medical *benefits*.........get sent to a charity hospital, get nothing like you'd get if you were paying with medical insurance, and then put back onto the street. Groups for this and that. I think the UK is miles ahead in that we don't treat people as commodities like the US does, and nor do they have to keep going to different offices/charities to get what they need - as it's all under the one umbrella. I do not go with the American way of thinking.

As for British teeth? Yep, being Canadian, I'd agree that teeth and dentists are not first on the list for them here. Surprised me really - specially knowing they it is free until the age of 16. Personally I blame candy/sweets and a general laziness in caring for their teeth - although with the younger generations this seems to be getting better.

And no she didn't have a calculator on her to know exactly what she had BOUGHT, I dare say she knew what was on her card, but unless she was counting as she shopped, all she would get was the bill at the till.
Corporate America, where the ill die and the rich prevail....

If your friends are poor and need medical care they will be on medicare, like tens of millions of poor Americans.

As for bringing a calculator, what difference does it make if you have $ 100 cash or on card? If you go to the checkout with $150 worth of food, you won't be able to buy it all.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Why would a real libertarian ask that question?

Because I was addressing the system that is in place. Not the system I would prefer.

I live in the real world where governments confiscate money under the threat of force and imprisonment. Since they are going to keep doing that, there is no reason I shouldn't support ideas to make sure that money is spent wisely.

Do you have any more questions about the topic, with the topic not being me?

Quit with the amateur dramatics. You pay tax, just like people throughout the west do. That tax goes towards running the country, including supporting those in need or disadvantaged. It's humane and right that civilised wealthy countries do that.

You want to live without the benefits of a western democracy, fuck off to a poor African nation. What's stopping you? No tax there. :thumbsup:

You asked a question, and I answered it. Maybe you don't like it, and I can promise you I don't give a shit if you do.

Do you have any more questions, as we both know that I will answer them.
Maddog

Postby jra » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:35 pm

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:
Coercing. What the hell. Do you think I beat them up and handcuff them before frog-marching them to the council offices. Get fucking real here.

And no, it's not. Payment to me directly is with the tenants consent. And my bedsits are anything but slums. And I only charge market rate rents. But, you thought you'd be a clever dick and make accusations about a situation you know nothing about. Good one. So, when you know what you are talking about, get back to me.

Yep, coercing. Housing benefit paid to the landlord is not the norm but scummy landlords insist on it so they have the upper hand. They can let the place rot, do no repairs and make demands and the tenant can't do a thing about it. Just the sort who never return the deposit, just make excuses to keep that as well. Slum landlord or gang master tactics. :shake head:

For your information, deposits for AST (Assured Shorthold Tenancies), which most tenants are legally wise, have to be paid into a deposit protection scheme, so the landlord cannot normally withhold the deposit without it going to arbitration. That is the law. And it is also a legal requirement for the landlord to do essential repairs, otherwise they can be fined or even taken to prison.

AST legislation favours the tenant, not the landlord.

Read the following for starters, as you have clearly no idea what you are talking about.

https://www.gov.uk/deposit-protection-s ... s/overview

http://www.lawpack.co.uk/files/sample-c ... C_B659.pdf
jra

Postby jra » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:49 pm

A bit more.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_advic ... do_repairs

And I'm just going to say this. Landlord bashers piss me off big time, especially if you are a resident landlord like I am, as most of us are not in the business in a large way and there is little money to be made these days, if you have only one or two properties to let.

If you've got a beef against landlords, take it out on the big players, e.g. those that rent out say more than 5 properties.

Tenants sometimes are a complete pain in the arse. Damage your property, make a lot of noise, steal things from me or other tenants, annoy the neighbours, take or deal drugs, annoy other tenants, verbally and physically assault the landlord, abscond without paying the required rent. You name it, it has happened here.

So, :dafinger:

Sorry, if that was a bit personal, but people like you grind my gears.
jra

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:58 pm

jra wrote:A bit more.

And I'm just going to say this. Landlord bashers piss me off big time, especially if you are a resident landlord like I am, as most of us are not in the business in a large way and there is little money to be made these days, if you have only one or two properties to let.

If you've got a beef against landlords, take it out on the big players, e.g. those that rent out say more than 5 properties.

Tenants sometimes are a complete pain in the arse. Damage your property, make a lot of noise, steal things from me or other tenants, annoy the neighbours, take or deal drugs, annoy other tenants, verbally and physically assault the landlord, abscond without paying the required rent. You name it, it has happened here.

What do you expect in slums. :dunno:

Slum landlord complaining about the 'quality' of tenant. :pmsl:

Postby jra » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:21 pm

Guest wrote:
jra wrote:A bit more.

What do you expect in slums. :dunno:

Slum landlord complaining about the 'quality' of tenant. :pmsl:

I don't say this often, but just fuck off troll. Sed with love.
jra

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:04 pm

The number of recipients in the food stamp program, formally known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), is at 47.5 million, or nearly one in six Americans.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2013/07/ ... od-stamps/
Maddog

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:05 pm

tory estate agents
tory slumlords
no wonder they found there way to this wretched hive of scum and villainy
:mrgreen:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Did you know that 50 million people are covered by Medicare, including people over the age of 65 and certain disabled Americans?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/med ... -1.1513125

Medicare is tax payer funded medical care for those that don't know.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:10 pm

109,631,000 Americans lived in households that received benefits from one or more federally funded "means-tested programs" — also known as welfare — as of the fourth quarter of 2012, according to data released Tuesday by the Census Bureau.

The Census Bureau has not yet reported how many were on welfare in 2013 or the first two quarters of 2014.

But the 109,631,000 living in households taking federal welfare benefits as of the end of 2012, according to the Census Bureau, equaled 35.4 percent of all 309,467,000 people living in the United States at that time.

When those receiving benefits from non-means-tested federal programs — such as Social Security, Medicare, unemployment and veterans benefits — were added to those taking welfare benefits, it turned out that 153,323,000 people were getting federal benefits of some type at the end of 2012.

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/terence-p ... 00-welfare

Yeah, the US is behind in handing out money to people.
Maddog

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:11 pm

Maddog wrote:Did you know that 50 million people are covered by Medicare, including people over the age of 65 and certain disabled Americans?

in a nation of 300 milion
go rich people eh
:shake head:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Maddog » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:
Maddog wrote:Did you know that 50 million people are covered by Medicare, including people over the age of 65 and certain disabled Americans?

in a nation of 300 milion
go rich people eh
:shake head:

Well, most people are covered by their employer.

Those are just the poor people. :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:16 pm

yea fuck em eh.....
:hand:
Big Fat Frosty

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms