Drugs Test- A pre-requisite to Claiming Benefit

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Drugs Test- A pre-requisite to Claiming Benefit

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:44 pm

Maddog wrote:Because your starving to death premise was idiotic.

Sometimes I see no need to address stupid comments.

It's polite to. Posters address yours.

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:23 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:Because your starving to death premise was idiotic.

It's polite to. Posters address yours.

Well, I'm quite popular. :)
Maddog

Postby Guest » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:06 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:Because I was addressing the system that is in place. Not the system I would prefer.

I live in the real world where governments confiscate money under the threat of force and imprisonment. Since they are going to keep doing that, there is no reason I shouldn't support ideas to make sure that money is spent wisely.

Do you have any more questions about the topic, with the topic not being me?

What system would you prefer? The one where people starve to death?

Are you saying people would starve to death in the UK without government theft?

They have done in the last few years. Your answer was? I noticed you refused to answer. :shake head:

Because your starving to death premise was idiotic.

Idiotic even though people have starved to death in the UK because their benefits were cut off?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... government

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 42735.html

Like the case of David Clapson, a diabetes sufferer who was found dead from acute lack of insulin after his benefits had been stopped. There was no food in his flat – or in his stomach, an autopsy found – and he had just £3.44 in his bank account. Why? Because the ex-soldier, who was reportedly found with a pile of printed CV’s near his body, had been deemed not to be taking the search for work seriously enough.

So seeing as the premise was accurate, what system would you prefer?

Postby Maddog » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:42 pm

There is not a place where people volunteer to feed hungry people in the UK?

What a shitty place to live. :thumbsup:
Maddog

Postby jra » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:45 am

Maddog wrote:There is not a place where people volunteer to feed hungry people in the UK?

You are from the states I take it. Playing catchup here.

If you aren't, ignore the bit below and it is a bit off topic, but I'll say it anyway.

We founded the Salvation army, have food banks and the local council is legally obliged to house homeless people spaces permitting.

You come from a country which still has the death penalty in some states. We don't. You can't become a member of the EU if you still sanction death as a punishment for a crime. Not going to happen.

There is more gun ownership than people in the USA. Not even the police in the UK routinely carry guns, let alone the local population. You can't buy a gun in the UK like a packet of crisps (chips in your lingo) like it seems you can in the states, according to my ex landlord.
jra

Postby rollup » Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:49 am

If you had a license you could buy a gun from a smith quite easily over the counter.
Np appointment needed just go window shopping and ooooh I fancy that pearl handled .38 how much is it mate ... till Tony Blair put an end to it in I think 97.
Guns were easily available up till that point. Many people carried them in their cars but many not being a majority.
In fact the British were never really that interested.
rollup

Postby tragic » Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:33 pm

Maddog wrote:There is not a place where people volunteer to feed hungry people in the UK?

He was probably too proud. He wanted to work and feed himself, and failing that, to get the benefits to which he was entitled. These benefits are not charity and the whole point of them was that they are not charity. Besides which he was probably too ill to get anywhere by the time he realised he was in trouble. It's quite incredible that you can starve to death in the midst of plenty.
tragic

Postby jra » Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:49 pm

rollup wrote:If you had a license you could buy a gun from a smith quite easily over the counter.
Np appointment needed just go window shopping and ooooh I fancy that pearl handled .38 how much is it mate ... till Tony Blair put an end to it in I think 97.
Guns were easily available up till that point. Many people carried them in their cars but many not being a majority.
In fact the British were never really that interested.

I like the UK laws on gun ownership, because other than say farmers, nobody in the general public should really need a gun.

Guns kill people, simple as, so I personally want to make it as difficult as possible for the average Joe to get hold of one.
jra

Postby rollup » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:00 pm

The British haven't for generations lived in fear of their governments in the way the Americans on here obviously do.
Might not have liked them but living in abject fear of them hasn't really been a problem here.
The fact Americans think they can protect themselves from their government with a few guns is ludicrous.
rollup

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:08 pm

rollup wrote:The British haven't for generations lived in fear of their governments in the way the Americans on here obviously do.
Might not have liked them but living in abject fear of them hasn't really been a problem here.
The fact Americans think they can protect themselves from their government with a few guns is ludicrous.

Think about it Rollup. Our country was founded by people shooting at the government you live under.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:10 pm

tragic wrote:

He was probably too proud. He wanted to work and feed himself, and failing that, to get the benefits to which he was entitled. These benefits are not charity and the whole point of them was that they are not charity. Besides which he was probably too ill to get anywhere by the time he realised he was in trouble. It's quite incredible that you can starve to death in the midst of plenty.

If you need help, and don't go get it, that's on you.
Maddog

Postby rollup » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
rollup wrote:The British haven't for generations lived in fear of their governments in the way the Americans on here obviously do.

Think about it Rollup. Our country was founded by people shooting at the government you live under.

It was the Rothschilds banking system you were shooting at and guess what ... you're still living under them to this day.
If it wasn't for the Russians and French you'd have crapped out of that game early on.
In fact you're being bled dry by them right now.
Nice to see you not try and worm your way out of being afraid of your government though or denying that you think you can shoot your way out.
rollup

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:38 pm

Happy Independence Day! !
Attachments
FB_IMG_1436031294225.jpg
Maddog

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:49 pm

tragic wrote:

He had been sanctioned so the very help he should have received was stopped to meet a dwp employees target and save the government some money.

He had no insulin for use because his electric being on a key meter was not charged with any money, hence no electric and no working fridge to keep the insulin in.

This is the sort of caring and compassionate world the Tories are creating and the sort of genuine case 'that has nothing to fear'. :shake head:

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:51 pm

From an earlier link:

Then there was Mark Wood, a 44-year-old man with complex mental health issues who starved to death after he was passed as fit-to-work by an Atos assessment. Wood, who had his sickness and housing benefits stopped and was forced to live off just £40 a week, was found weighing just 5st 8lbs and with a body mass index that his doctor said was not compatible with life.

Or Jacqueline Harris, who was partially sighted and had difficulty walking due to slipped discs in her back and neck. The 53-year-old took an overdose after being passed fit-for-work at an Atos assessment, which, it was claimed, took just a few minutes and consisted of only one question: “Did you come here by bus?”

The list goes on. In fact the campaign group Black Triangle has compiled a body count of what they believe to be more than 60 welfare-related deaths of sick or disabled people in the UK. Some reports are so farcical that they might even be humorous if the subject wasn’t so deadly serious, like the case of the DWP informing a woman she must begin "intensive work-focused activity” despite the fact that she was in a coma.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 42735.html

Those were listed in addition to the diabetic who died.

And yet we still have morons only to happy to cheer lead any further restrictions, punishment or abolition of benefits. :off head:

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms