non carb diet

A right load of bollocks...

non carb diet

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu May 28, 2015 11:46 am

ever tried to stop eating carbs??? Been told its a good way to lose a bit of belly and i have plenty spare...but fuck me everything i like is bloody carbs
Creamola Foam

Re: non carb diet

Postby rollup » Thu May 28, 2015 12:07 pm

I'm on a permanent low carb high fat diet and have lost three stones over about four months.
I've now reintroduced some carbs to maintain the weight or I'll waste away!
My surgery are amazed and really can't get their heads around the fact I have now almost reversed my diabetes eating this way.
It can be a bit of a challenge at first but it isn't really difficult and you can eat as much grub as you like almost.
Anyone wondering what it's about can find a good start here ... read all the way down ...
http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf
rollup

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu May 28, 2015 12:09 pm

rollup wrote:I'm on a permanent low carb high fat diet and have lost three stones over about four months.
My surgery are amazed and really can't get their heads around the fact I have now almost reversed my diabetes eating this way.
It can be a bit of a challenge at first but it isn't really difficult and you can eat as much grub as you like almost.
Anyone wondering what it's about can find a good start here ... read all the way down ...

cheers man and good on you, keep up the good work
Creamola Foam

Postby Gabby » Thu May 28, 2015 12:11 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:ever tried to stop eating carbs??? Been told its a good way to lose a bit of belly and i have plenty spare...but fuck me everything i like is bloody carbs

No jacket spuds or bread would be my worst nightmare! :razz:
Gabby

Postby Gabby » Thu May 28, 2015 12:12 pm

rollup wrote:I'm on a permanent low carb high fat diet and have lost three stones over about four months.

Well done Jacko! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu May 28, 2015 12:14 pm

bread is a killer for me
Creamola Foam

Postby Gabby » Thu May 28, 2015 12:17 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:bread is a killer for me

I couldn't survive without tiger bread or pumpkin seed baps ..... not to mention scotch rolls! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby rollup » Thu May 28, 2015 12:19 pm

The high fat bit is a little misleading.
I don't sit here eating lard.
It should be considered normal fat.
Low fat no fat semi skimmed skimmed etc are industrial products and when the fat is taken out the flavour goes with it so sugar usually replaces it.
Fat doesn't make you fat sugar makes you fat and carbs that turn to sugar rapidly inside you.
Before foods became an industrial product fat was in everyone's diet ... butter cream milk yoghurt etc were all natural and full of fat.
Now they remove the fat ... that makes it an industrially altered food ... not natural.
Fat fills you up stops you being hungry.
When I was a kid no mother and housewife would throw away the fat in the roasting pan ... it would go on bread as dripping butties nicely salted.
There was little if any obesity.
So eat full fat foods.
Another side effect is my bad cholesterol has gone down good cholesterol has gone up ... no medication for that.
My blood pressure has gone down so has the medication.
Within the next three months I'll be ditching the diabetic medication and the blood pressure medication.
Low carbs high fat ... seriously healthy way to live.
rollup

Postby rollup » Thu May 28, 2015 12:22 pm

I missed bread when I first started this.
This kind of diet though means I can have large trucker type fry ups ... with fried bread.
The fat slows down the conversion to glucose.
The word diet doesn't sit right with me because the way people do diets these days mean temporary as a rule and this isn't .... it's a permanent lifestyle change.
rollup

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu May 28, 2015 1:09 pm

rollup wrote:The high fat bit is a little misleading.
Low fat no fat semi skimmed skimmed etc are industrial products and when the fat is taken out the flavour goes with it so sugar usually replaces it.
Fat doesn't make you fat sugar makes you fat and carbs that turn to sugar rapidly inside you.
Before foods became an industrial product fat was in everyone's diet ... butter cream milk yoghurt etc were all natural and full of fat.
Now they remove the fat ... that makes it an industrially altered food ... not natural.
When I was a kid no mother and housewife would throw away the fat in the roasting pan ... it would go on bread as dripping butties nicely salted.
So eat full fat foods.
Another side effect is my bad cholesterol has gone down good cholesterol has gone up ... no medication for that.
Within the next three months I'll be ditching the diabetic medication and the blood pressure medication.

chuffed to bits for you mate and i will be giving this a go......the no beer is my biggy but i need to do something
Creamola Foam

Postby Gabby » Thu May 28, 2015 1:12 pm

The Atkins diet was high fat, but people felt ill on it! :dunno:
Gabby

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu May 28, 2015 1:12 pm

Poca wrote:The Atkins diet was high fat, but people felt ill on it! :dunno:

and got stinky breath :kinell:
Creamola Foam

Postby Gabby » Thu May 28, 2015 1:17 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:
Poca wrote:The Atkins diet was high fat, but people felt ill on it! :dunno:

and got stinky breath :kinell:

Ewww yeah.... don't forget the polo mints! :gigglesnshit:
Gabby

Postby rollup » Thu May 28, 2015 1:20 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:
rollup wrote:The high fat bit is a little misleading.
So eat full fat foods.

chuffed to bits for you mate and i will be giving this a go......the no beer is my biggy but i need to do something

Beer is considered liquid bread.
I miss best bitter but I've swapped it for red wine vodka whiskey so no problems with the alcohol.
The best being vodka with a teeny weeny splash of ribena.
By the way no carbs is impossible cos there's carbs in almost everything so think low carbs not no carbs.
Breakfast cereals had to go as they are almost pure carbs.
I've discovered I can have porridge which I love ... so long as I bung some fat in it so I put a large tablespoon of coconut oil in it.
I eat a jar of the stuff a week.
Not the cheap KTC stuff.
Tesco do a virgin triple filtered one around a fiver a jar.
This isn't the Atkins diet no bad breath and everyone I know doing this gets to feel healthy and energetic.
rollup

Postby rollup » Thu May 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Lots of eggs are good.
Nuts.
Polish sausages for snacks (like pepperami) and pork scratchings ... I've discovered the tastiest and the least likely to break your teeth are the cheapest ones in multi packs home bargains.
Veg ... raw cooked fried boiled steamed whatever.
Having say some pork or fish I'll have it with steamed veg dripping in butter or covered in grilled cheese.
Baby bells for snacks.
rollup

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms