No more page 3

A right load of bollocks...

Re: No more page 3

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:22 pm

calitom wrote:
Dean wrote:Nobody buys the Sun specifically to look at one pair of tits on page 3. In this day and age with the internet at hand 24/7 it won't affect them a great deal.

There is something about photos on paper that outdoes them on a screen though Dean

So buy a copy of Razzle.
Dean

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:28 pm

Dean wrote:
calitom wrote:
Dean wrote:Nobody buys the Sun specifically to look at one pair of tits on page 3. In this day and age with the internet at hand 24/7 it won't affect them a great deal.

There is something about photos on paper that outdoes them on a screen though Dean

So buy a copy of Razzle.

or print them off

Postby Dean » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:52 pm

Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
calitom wrote:

So buy a copy of Razzle.

or print them off

That's just weird
Dean

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Dean wrote:
Guest wrote:
Dean wrote:
calitom wrote:

So buy a copy of Razzle.

or print them off

That's just weird

laminating them would be even weirder

Postby Stooo » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:02 pm

Guest wrote:
laminating them would be even weirder

But cheaper in the long run...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby calitom » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:26 pm

Dean wrote:
calitom wrote:

So buy a copy of Razzle.

razzle dazzle??/..
never heard of it
calitom

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:45 am

Guest wrote:page 3 is degrading

Au contraire! I was watching question time last night and the MP for the Wirral Esther McVey disagreed.

She made two very good points on the matter :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:05 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Creamola Foam wrote:apparently the tits were back today

Not surprising I guess.

The Sun's circulation figures have been steadily falling for the last 15 years I am guessing. Taking away Page 3 would no doubt make those figures fall even further.

Sales go back up when Andrex isn't on special offer.

Yeah, but then it goes limp again...

National print newspapers are archaic, outdated and living on borrowed time. As is Page 3. In reality I don't think there needs to be a campaign to get rid of Page 3 as it will happen naturally in time.

Whilst that may be true Avon if a newspaper finds a niche market with a captive audience then it can do extraordinarily well.

Every morning I get accosted by guys at the entrance to tube pushing "City AM" and there are also huge bins of "Metro" that seems incredibly popular with commuters.
I get the latter myself as it is great to while away the journey.
Metro entered the market free to readers many years ago, with advertisers footing production and distribution costs, and it proved so popular it forced the then paid for Evening Standard to follow suit.
I read Metro each morning and the Evening Standard on the return journey and it costs nothing.
Bargain!!
Anyone wanting a Page 3 girl will be disappointed though.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:16 am

LordRaven wrote:
Whilst that may be true Avon if a newspaper finds a niche market with a captive audience then it can do extraordinarily well.

Every morning I get accosted by guys at the entrance to tube pushing "City AM" and there are also huge bins of "Metro" that seems incredibly popular with commuters.
Metro entered the market free to readers many years ago, with advertisers footing production and distribution costs, and it proved so popular it forced the then paid for Evening Standard to follow suit.
I read Metro each morning and the Evening Standard on the return journey and it costs nothing.
Bargain!!

That's a good point. I used to read the Metro myself and it has done extremely well as you say.

However, I no longer read physical newspapers any more as I get news content through apps on my phone. I think this trend will continue over time meaning circulation figures are bound to fall. If that is the case then while Page 3 may prove to an issue of principle for some its actual reach and impact on society will be small.

There are bigger fights to fight I think.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:25 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Bargain!!

That's a good point. I used to read the Metro myself and it has done extremely well as you say.

However, I no longer read physical newspapers any more as I get news content through apps on my phone. I think this trend will continue over time meaning circulation figures are bound to fall. If that is the case then while Page 3 may prove to an issue of principle for some its actual reach and impact on society will be small.

Your app gets a signal on the tube?

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:48 am

Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Bargain!!

They have wireless available on the tube these days.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:52 am

Guest wrote:Your app gets a signal on the tube?

They have wireless available on the tube these days.[/quote]

Oaft.
I need to get out more.

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:15 am

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Your app gets a signal on the tube?

They have wireless available on the tube these days.

Oaft.
I need to get out more.[/quote]

It's pretty hit and miss in many locations on the underground tbh, well for me it is.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:33 am

Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Bargain!!

Some parts but it is patchy as LR says.

However, the apps (to my understanding anyway) download the content temporarily so I can read while offline.
Avon Barksdale

Postby LordRaven » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:34 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Guest wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Bargain!!

Some parts but it is patchy as LR says.

However, the apps (to my understanding anyway) download the content temporarily so I can read while offline.

It'll get better in time I am sure but in the meantime I will stick with Metro in the morning rush hour and Evening STandard on the way home
LordRaven
Twat.

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms