Postby Lexi » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:36 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:I love it....doesn't everyone?... :again?:

Bet you'll do fuck all about it though? :roll:
Lexi

Re: You're being watched....

Postby rollup » Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:19 am

Good morning.
Good post Lexi.
Privacy is now an old fashioned none existent concept ... and no one seems to care.
The men in suits own us lock stock and barrel.
rollup

Postby Creamola Foam » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:09 am

utter bollocks

if you value privacy so much it is fairly easy

dont go on line

definitely no social media

no mobile phone

pay for everything in cash

dont buy a tv

whats everyone worried about
Creamola Foam

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:48 am

We are having our entire fleet of trucks replaced over the rest of this year, the new ones will all be fitted with the 'telematics system' - basically this allows not only 'live' tracking of the vehicle but everything you do whilst in it....which is then recorded for future reference by the company.

Part of this system includes cameras which are placed facing outward from the vehicle, fair enough you might think but there is also one which is trained on the driver at all times, with the warning 'anyone who obscures the view or moves the camera from it's position, will be subject to instant dismissal'......that's what I call spying.

If we still had decent Unions, they'd never get away with it.

I think we might still have an avenue of recourse through civil liberties.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Holly » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:53 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:We are having our entire fleet of trucks replaced over the rest of this year, the new ones will all be fitted with the 'telematics system' - basically this allows not only 'live' tracking of the vehicle but everything you do whilst in it....which is then recorded for future reference by the company.

Part of this system includes cameras which are placed facing outward from the vehicle, fair enough you might think but there is also one which is trained on the driver at all times, with the warning 'anyone who obscures the view or moves the camera from it's position, will be subject to instant dismissal'......that's what I call spying.

Why would they need to point a camera at the driver at all times?...What for?..That really is taking it too far,I'd feel rather uncomfortable and self conscious.
Holly

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:15 am

Holly wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:We are having our entire fleet of trucks replaced over the rest of this year, the new ones will all be fitted with the 'telematics system' - basically this allows not only 'live' tracking of the vehicle but everything you do whilst in it....which is then recorded for future reference by the company.

Why would they need to point a camera at the driver at all times?...What for?..That really is taking it too far,I'd feel rather uncomfortable and self conscious.

Partly to protect themselves from prosecution/ full liability in the event of an accident....partly to use anything they record which would give them reason to sack you if they so wish.

Many large haulage/ logistic companies like the one I work for insure themselves, sometimes in groups with similar large firms because the premiums are too high through a normal insurance company set up. So anything they can use to deflect or reduce their liability they grab with open arms.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Holly » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:23 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Holly wrote:

Partly to protect themselves from prosecution/ full liability in the event of an accident....partly to use anything they record which would give them reason to sack you if they so wish.

Many large haulage/ logistic companies like the one I work for insure themselves, sometimes in groups with similar large firms because the premiums are too high through a normal insurance company set up. So anything they can use to deflect or reduce their liability they grab with open arms.

Wow...is there no uproar amongst your work mates? ...I guess if it's legal,there's nothing anyone can do about it except find another job...then again,looks like that's going to be the future everywhere...
Holly

Postby measurer » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:15 pm

I believe they need your permission to film you, you may want to look into that...
measurer

Postby Text » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:54 pm

Lexi wrote:

How do you feel about being spied upon? :ooer:

The govt watches its citizens?? Nowt new luv. :wink: I'm sure all govts do. Deal with it!! :laughing:

ImageImage
Text

Postby Big Sister » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:08 pm

Lexi wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:I love it....doesn't everyone?... :again?:

Bet you'll do fuck all about it though? :roll:

... and you'll be doing what, exactly? :NAA:
Big Sister

Postby wixy » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:18 pm

There is nothing we can do about it anyway except moan or live like Amish.
wixy

Postby Gneiss » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:32 pm

wixy wrote:There is nothing we can do about it anyway except moan or live like Amish.

The latter quite appeals to me at times, aside from the religious bit....

I have enough lamps, heaters and stoves to manage without electricity :cuppaT:
Gneiss

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:20 pm

I think the inbreeding and no dentists would put me off Gneiss....

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms