Hello

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hello

Postby dog » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:46 am

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
dog wrote:I'll be sorry to see this site go.
Although I don't get to come and visit much these days due to my terminal cancer diagnosis I still find a comforting familiarity here.
This forum kept me highly amused during Covid times, especially from some of the more highly strung posters. :gigglesnshit:

All good things must come to an end I guess..... or in my case all awesome things :wink:

I wish you all the best for wherever this rollercoaster called life may take you.
And if Stooo changes his mind then I will continue to visit from time to time while I'm still able to.

Ah fuck.

I'll keep it on.

That’s sad to hear Dog.
It really does put petty bickering into perspective, it’s utterly pointless.
Best wishes from here on.

Thanks guest.
When you are given a diagnosis like this it really does put things into perspective and the little things no longer seem so important.
That said I do still have my opinions and enjoy a little debate here and there. :laughing:
dog

Postby dog » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:48 am

NN (forgot her password) wrote:
Although I don't get to come and visit much these days due to my terminal cancer diagnosis I still find a comforting familiarity here.
This forum kept me highly amused during Covid times, especially from some of the more highly strung posters. :gigglesnshit:

All good things must come to an end I guess..... or in my case all awesome things :wink:

I wish you all the best for wherever this rollercoaster called life may take you.
And if Stooo changes his mind then I will continue to visit from time to time while I'm still able to.

Oh Dog.
Sending you lots of love :wubbers:

Thank you :wubwub:
dog

Postby dog » Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:02 am

My apologies for quoting everyone individually.
I've got brain fog and can't even remember if it's possible to multi quote.

Anyway it's my birthday on Sunday and as there is a high chance this could be my last my kids have organised a big birthday party for me tomorrow night.
I was a bit dubious about it at first as I tend to like to fade into the background but I'm now really looking forward to it.
It's my week off chemo so this is when I'm usually feeling at my best so with a good long nap tomorrow afternoon I reckon I'll be up on that dance floor all night (after a few drinks).

Last year I lost all my hair due to the chemotherapy cocktail I was on.
It's been growing back nicely but in the past two weeks I've lost my eyebrows and eyelashes (I didn't lose them last time) and I can feel the familiar tingling on my scalp which probably means my new hair growth is probably falling out too. Sigh!

Anyway I'm sitting here practicing drawing on eyebrows and applying false lashes.
I'm absolutely shit at both :gigglesnshit:

Sorry for rambling.
Hope you all have a lovely day.
dog

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 am

dog wrote:My apologies for quoting everyone individually.

Anyway it's my birthday on Sunday and as there is a high chance this could be my last my kids have organised a big birthday party for me tomorrow night.
I was a bit dubious about it at first as I tend to like to fade into the background but I'm now really looking forward to it.
It's my week off chemo so this is when I'm usually feeling at my best so with a good long nap tomorrow afternoon I reckon I'll be up on that dance floor all night (after a few drinks).

It's been growing back nicely but in the past two weeks I've lost my eyebrows and eyelashes (I didn't lose them last time) and I can feel the familiar tingling on my scalp which probably means my new hair growth is probably falling out too. Sigh!

Anyway I'm sitting here practicing drawing on eyebrows and applying false lashes.

Sorry for rambling.

I know what you mean about prefering to fade into the background but we all deserve to be in the spotlight on special days. Have a wonderful night girl, show them how its done!! xx
Junglejayne

Postby dog » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:14 am

Junglejayne wrote:

Sorry for rambling.

I know what you mean about prefering to fade into the background but we all deserve to be in the spotlight on special days. Have a wonderful night girl, show them how its done!! xx

Thanks I will after a few drinks :laughing:
I'm not even sure I'm allowed to drink on my particular chemo treatment and I didn't bother to ask because if I listened to everything my Oncologist tells me not to do I wouldn't live.
dog

Postby Holly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:44 am

dog wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

Sorry for rambling.

I'm not even sure I'm allowed to drink on my particular chemo treatment and I didn't bother to ask because if I listened to everything my Oncologist tells me not to do I wouldn't live.

Keep a possible attitude dog, that's extremely important, you know what they they say, mind over matter.
Not even the best doctors can predict when your time is up.
I've been through it with a loved one who lived a lot longer than predicted by his oncologist.
He surprised everyone.
You might be able to drag it out for a long time to come, with a good attitude and no negative thoughts.
I wish you all the best.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:42 am

dog wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that dog, life really is crap sometimes. My thoughts are with you :wubbers:

Thanks Toke.
Life is definitely shit sometimes but we have to make the most of whatever hand we are I dealt.

Have a lovely birthday :wubbers:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby dog » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 pm

Holly wrote:
dog wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:

Sorry for rambling.

Keep a possible attitude dog, that's extremely important, you know what they they say, mind over matter.
Not even the best doctors can predict when your time is up.
I've been through it with a loved one who lived a lot longer than predicted by his oncologist.
He surprised everyone.
You might be able to drag it out for a long time to come, with a good attitude and no negative thoughts.
I wish you all the best.

Thanks Holly.
I do try to stay positive (obviously I have my down days too) and I have quite a dark sense of humour which helps.
Some people don't get my humour though but oh well it keeps me going.
dog

Postby dog » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:00 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
dog wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I'm so sorry to hear that dog, life really is crap sometimes. My thoughts are with you :wubbers:

Thanks Toke.
Life is definitely shit sometimes but we have to make the most of whatever hand we are I dealt.

Have a lovely birthday :wubbers:

Awwww thanks Tokes :cheers:
dog

Postby Stooo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:08 pm

dog wrote:
Oh I hope you do and I will try to pop in more often when I feel well enough.

I'll post some pics when I can but it's as misty as fuck at the moment on the moors, I'm on the North coast and Exmoor tomorrow so I'll try to get you some nice ones :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:57 pm

I heard the following from somewhere: "We are the music while the music plays". Someone on chemo is having a cold cap, it helps retain the hair on the scalp. Maybe you can ask your nurses / doctor about that if you haven't been told about it. Best wishes and keep being the music.
https://www.macmillan.org.uk/cancer-inf ... lp-cooling

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:04 pm

No pics today, it was as thick as a cow's guts. :kinell:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:27 pm

Pissed down today a bit and got handed a bottle of wine by Mark at a rural post office because he's a legend :thumbsup:

The morning was a bit messed up due to statutory procedures that I have to follow as a safety rep and it takes time but that was missed or not taken into consideration. I can only fill in the forms and report the facts :dunno:

I'm thinking about an adult's weekend at Butlins and getting shagged rotten for some reason, does anyone have any experience?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 pm

Stooo wrote:Pissed down today a bit and got handed a bottle of wine by Mark at a rural post office because he's a legend :thumbsup:

The morning was a bit messed up due to statutory procedures that I have to follow as a safety rep and it takes time but that was missed or not taken into consideration. I can only fill in the forms and report the facts :dunno:

I'm thinking about an adult's weekend at Butlins and getting shagged rotten for some reason, does anyone have any experience?

Do they have “Grab a Granny” nights at Butlins?
Personally, I’ve never been to Butlins but I know people who have.
They all really enjoyed themselves getting pissed up and chasing the ladies.
I’m sure you’ll have fun, book it up :thumbsup:

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:24 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:Pissed down today a bit and got handed a bottle of wine by Mark at a rural post office because he's a legend :thumbsup:

Do they have “Grab a Granny” nights at Butlins?
Personally, I’ve never been to Butlins but I know people who have.
They all really enjoyed themselves getting pissed up and chasing the ladies.
I’m sure you’ll have fun, book it up :thumbsup:

It's got to be a giggle.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms