Hello

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hello

Postby Text » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:45 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Text wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:CJ asked her, so what's wrong with that exactly? :roll:

Endless thanks Token, you've always had my back. x

See, the online community is polluted by some creatures who trawl various forums in anon (ie concealed) mode, ACTIVELY looking for shit-stirring opportunities. It's their only way to feel good. How raw a deal must they have had in life, to end up like that? I'm so over these creatures. Yawn!

I even tried to discourage CJ from the idea cos - as much as I like him - I think it might be a culture shock to join a small close-knit private site. But let's not allow facts to get in the way of cowards who have obsessive-compulsive shitstirring urges, it's an itch they need to scratch.

I'm going to miss your complete lack of self awareness. :roll:

I'm sure you'll cope.
Text

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:24 am

Junglejayne wrote:Has anyone heard from Lord Raven?

Sadly yes.

Postby Holly » Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:29 am

Guest wrote:

Sadly yes.

Why sadly?
He seems to be a prolific guest poster.
How often do YOU post?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:59 am

Junglejayne

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:44 pm

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:

Sadly yes.

Why sadly?
He seems to be a prolific guest poster.

Exactly.

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:20 pm

Text did you take that photo and is / was that your dog? So cute. Maybe it is a stock image.

As well as being on DS before they closed down General Discussion and Politics I also used to post on H2G2 - the site created by Douglas Adam - but that died a slow death. The hitchhikers guide still goes but the community aspect to it has long since gone more or less.

Postby Text » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:59 pm

Guest wrote:Text did you take that photo and is / was that your dog? So cute. Maybe it is a stock image.

As well as being on DS before they closed down General Discussion and Politics I also used to post on H2G2 - the site created by Douglas Adam - but that died a slow death. The hitchhikers guide still goes but the community aspect to it has long since gone more or less.

Hi guesty I've tried to jog my memory re the puppy pic but it stubbornly remains unjogged. :grrrrr: I think I may have got it from this very site after someone posted it? or maybe directly from google or bing. :dunno: It was so long ago, sorry.

Where else have you posted? I don't know a single member of DS, AVF, DTV, DSU, etc, never joined any of those sites, nor the defunct SOL forum. I moved in very different circles - the mirror & its offshoots, a couple of lexi's forums, lily's pond, newsfix ..... and all of micky's forums - his dramas with Ash & DT were riveting, the memories! :laughing:
Text

Postby Stooo » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:29 pm

Text wrote:Where else have you posted?

You were like shit in a farmer's field, all over the fucking place :pmsl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:57 pm

Text wrote:
Guest wrote:Text did you take that photo and is / was that your dog? So cute. Maybe it is a stock image.

Hi guesty I've tried to jog my memory re the puppy pic but it stubbornly remains unjogged. :grrrrr: I think I may have got it from this very site after someone posted it? or maybe directly from google or bing. :dunno: It was so long ago, sorry.

Where else have you posted? I don't know a single member of DS, AVF, DTV, DSU, etc, never joined any of those sites, nor the defunct SOL forum. I moved in very different circles - the mirror & its offshoots, a couple of lexi's forums, lily's pond, newsfix ..... and all of micky's forums - his dramas with Ash & DT were riveting, the memories! :laughing:

The only site of those you listed that I actually joined was DS. Posted here and CM as guest or anonymous.

I was on BBC 606 but it closed the year I started contributing and when that closed I joined a few clone sites - mainly tennis and football and off topic. They have since dwindled and more or less ended with one becoming difficult to post in because of the moderators become authoritarian. Digital spy (no longer), H2G2 (no longer), a site that is critical of the BBC, a site that was concerned with the London bombings and woke censorship, CM (now greatly reduced because of a Mod that thinks I am someone else and posts abuse from time to time), Youtube channels (but Google now refuses to log me in without me giving them my telephone number which I refuse to do), Some free speech alternatives to Youtube - some interesting channels posting free Westerns & comedy series (1950s to 1980s) & off-beat movies - but the comments sections are mainly filled with trolls and proper nutters.

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:33 am

Good morning. So this place is actually closing down?

What will you do with yourself Stooo?
Raggamuffin

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:24 am

Why doesn’t Stooo sell the forum to someone? People are obviously still keen to post here.

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 am

Guest wrote:Why doesn’t Stooo sell the forum to someone? People are obviously still keen to post here.

Taking his bat and ball home.

Postby Gabby » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:21 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Good morning. So this place is actually closing down?

Hey Ragga :Hiya: …. I’ll believe it when I see it! :mrgreen:
Gabby

Postby dog » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 pm

I'll be sorry to see this site go.
Although I don't get to come and visit much these days due to my terminal cancer diagnosis I still find a comforting familiarity here.
This forum kept me highly amused during Covid times, especially from some of the more highly strung posters. :gigglesnshit:

All good things must come to an end I guess..... or in my case all awesome things :wink:

I wish you all the best for wherever this rollercoaster called life may take you.
And if Stooo changes his mind then I will continue to visit from time to time while I'm still able to.
dog

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Good morning. So this place is actually closing down?

I don't usually look that far ahead Fen... :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms