Conflict in Israel and Gaza

Just awful stuff

Conflict in Israel and Gaza

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:30 am

I think we should talk about this.
I won't say too much at this point since I always seem to get it wrong anyway, according to some here :ooer:
However, it would be interesting to see what the rest of the forum thinks about it.
Whose side are you on?
Do you think this war could escalate?
Is Israel right to retaliate?
What if anything, could this mean to the rest of the world now that America is getting involved?
Apart from the fact that so many innocent civilians having been killed on both sides, what about the hostages?
What will happen to them?
Some are Americans and Germans.

Hamas says US sending carrier strike group is "aggression against Palestinian people"

Islamist militant group Hamas on Sunday accused the United States of taking part in "aggression against Palestinian people" by sending a Navy carrier strike group to the eastern Mediterranean Sea.
"These movements do not frighten our people nor their resistance, which will continue to defend our people and our holy places," Hamas spokesperson Hazem Kassem said in a statement.

The Navy carrier strike group includes the USS Gerald R. Ford, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier, accompanied by guided missile destroyers and guided missile cruisers.

The US is also positioning more fighter jets to the Middle East, as a deterrent to Hezbollah in Lebanon and other militant groups aligned against Israel, officials say.

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/live ... index.html
Holly
Site Admin

Re: Conflict in Israel and Gaza

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:30 am

I think I'm desensitised now to middle east violence. Same happened to me with the violence of the Irish troubles through the 70's and 80's.
I think the hostages may well be doomed.
I think Israel may well destroy Palestine this time around.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Holly » Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:54 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:I think I'm desensitised now to middle east violence. Same happened to me with the violence of the Irish troubles through the 70's and 80's.
I think the hostages may well be doomed.
I think Israel may well destroy Palestine this time around.

How will that affect the rest of the world?

About the hostages.
What I saw on the news was horrifying.
Amongst the hostages was an 84 year old woman, a young mother with her two small children, another young woman so very terrified, it was heart breaking.
I really hope they don't kill them.
There won't be much world wide sympathy for them if they do.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:25 pm

Hamas is a terrorist organisation. The Palestinian people shouldn't be confused with Hamas. There are no winners in this.

Postby Cherry de Voured » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:44 pm

The one thing I fucking hate about this conflict is the "whose side are you on" mentality, which seems to be linked - primarily - by whether you identify towards the left or right side of politics.

It's a fucking insanely complicated situation.

Neither governments/authorities/forces of Israel or Palestine can claim to be bastions of human rights, democracy or freedom. Whenever Israel or Palestine point one finger at the other, there's still four fingers pointing back at them.

I've had this discussion with friends who seem to have firm beliefs in which side are the "good guys" and which are the "bad guys", and they all seem to think I'm on the side of the other. I find that insane, and I get frustrated with the fervent supporters of either side, because there's a lot of turning a blind eye to things, a lot of cognitive dissonance and double-standards.
Cherry de Voured

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:28 pm

Attachments
Jewsagainst Israel.jpg
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:10 pm

Israel cuts off food, water and power to Gaza: Day 3 update
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:14 pm

Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said on Monday that Israel is cutting off electricity, fuel, and food supplies to the Gaza Strip. Israel's minister of energy and infrastructure Israel Katz also ordered the immediate cut off of water supplies. This siege comes as Israeli Defense Forces spokesman Rear Admiral Daniel Hagari said in a televised briefing that Israel has drafted 300,000 reservist troops, which is the largest call-up in the country's history.
Israeli prime minister says Israel's response will change the middle east.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:18 pm

LIVE: Pro-Hamas Supporters Take Control Of Central London
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:32 pm

Israel Defense Minister Yoav Gallant:

"I have ordered a complete siege on the Gaza Strip. There will be no electricity, no food, no fuel, everything is closed. We are fighting human animals and we will act accordingly."

British Foreign Secretary James Cleverly said the UK will “continue to support Israel” after Tel Aviv announced a “complete siege” on the Gaza strip following Hamas’ attack.

James Cleverly is publicly supporting the obliteration of millions of innocent Palestinian Muslims and has not objected to them being referred to as 'human animals.'

The Scottish First Minister Humza Yousaf's in-laws are trapped in Gaza, with no prospect of escape.

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:40 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:LIVE: Pro-Hamas Supporters Take Control Of Central London

All of it?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:47 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:LIVE: Pro-Hamas Supporters Take Control Of Central London

All of it?

Stooo I don't think it's really the time and place for your silliness.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:57 pm

Why are so many of the media outlets cutting out the "human animals" comment?

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:08 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

All of it?

You've posted a sensationalist headline, fucking explain it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Oct 09, 2023 10:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

All of it?

You've posted a sensationalist headline, fucking explain it.

Having a headline a link and a video most people wouldn't need to ask that and you know it.
Rolluplostinspace

Next

Return to Really Crap Threads