Brexit could mean a return to food rationing

Re: Brexit could mean a return to food rationing

Postby Avon Barksdale » Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:17 am

Oh good.

This will help deal with my middle age spread.
Avon Barksdale

Postby LordRaven » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:01 am

When is it starting? Rationing, that is.

Boris's way of tackling the Obesity plague.

Global warming he's tackling with petrol rationing.

Killing old people is bringing down the pension deficit.

He's improving the figures without doubt.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:40 am

LordRaven wrote:When is it starting? Rationing, that is.

Boris's way of tackling the Obesity plague.

Global warming he's tackling with petrol rationing.

Killing old people is bringing down the pension deficit.

He's improving the figures without doubt.

That sounds like the way it would be reported on BBC Breakfast

Laura Kuenssberg wrote:Prime Minister you're bravely taking action on obesity by rationing food, drastically reducing greenhouse gas emissions by limiting fuel supplies and greatly reducing long term pensions commitments with Covid.

How do you feel about having to cope with the shameful ingratitude of the British people?
Cactus Jack

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:28 pm

A lot of people could do with some food rationing. Fattening things would probably not be rationed though. :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:A lot of people could do with some food rationing. Fattening things would probably not be rationed though. :laughing:

That doesn't make sense, how can you possibly ration fattening up?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:52 pm

LordRaven wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:A lot of people could do with some food rationing. Fattening things would probably not be rationed though. :laughing:

I mean fattening food like biscuits, chocolate, and cake.
Raggamuffin

Postby LordRaven » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:01 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

I mean fattening food like biscuits, chocolate, and cake.

Ah!!! The crisps, chocolates, sweets and ice cream etc munchers, who tend to be couch potatoes :gigglesnshit:

Let them be, if they are fat and happy then they are enjoying life.

Who are we to tell them how to live?
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby common sense » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:10 pm

LordRaven wrote:

Exactly. Live and let live. I knew someone who was slim and ate well, never drank, no sweets, crisps, unhealthy stuff yet died at 22 when her heart just stopped. Don't think I'll see 70 but would like to outlive the dog who's 8 now, if possible. Been enjoying sprouts this week. Very good for you.
common sense

Postby Stooo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:14 pm

common sense wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Exactly. Live and let live. I knew someone who was slim and ate well, never drank, no sweets, crisps, unhealthy stuff yet died at 22 when her heart just stopped. Don't think I'll see 70 but would like to outlive the dog who's 8 now, if possible. Been enjoying sprouts this week. Very good for you.

Bring hit by a lorry will do that to you... :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Oct 03, 2021 3:37 pm

common sense wrote:
LordRaven wrote:

Life's a lottery, just enjoy it as anything could happen to you at anytime, and quite unexpectedly too.

Fat and happy is fine.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby art0hur0moh » Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:05 pm

Guest wrote:
BRITAIN is facing the prospect of food rationing because of shortages as a result of Brexit, the author of a bombshell report has warned.

Professor Tim Lang said insufficient supplies after the UK leaves the European Union could see the Government forced to adopt a measure last used during the Second World War and the post-war era.

However, Lang said the UK was currently less prepared for rationing than it was in 1939 as planning had started three years earlier by Sir William Beveridge ahead of the build-up to the conflict.

The senior academic spoke out as he prepared to publish a damning study next week on the impact of Brexit on the supply, quality and price of food.

He said that 30% of Britain’s food supply comes directly from EU countries and a further 11% via deals done by the EU with other countries.

“Is rationing possible? Well, if we are cut off from 41% of our food that might be one of the things that has to be done,” he told The National.

Lang, a professor of food policy at City University, London, said prepar-ations were better ahead of rationing being introduced during the Second World War.

https://www.thenational.scot/news/16366 ... rationing/

When global trade is shut down to satisfy the whims of wokeism crying about orange man and legacy news cheering on the deranged what do you expect? It's a load of fkn bollocks, and has nothing to do with brexit! It is a reoccurring theme with civilisations. But rationing? I think these pseudo journalist mean they can't get their caviar or foie gras this month, instead of directing the blame where it belongs...fifty - three hundred years of fiscal incompetence!
art0hur0moh

Postby LordRaven » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:53 pm

art0hur0moh wrote:
Guest wrote:
BRITAIN is facing the prospect of food rationing because of shortages as a result of Brexit, the author of a bombshell report has warned.

Professor Tim Lang said insufficient supplies after the UK leaves the European Union could see the Government forced to adopt a measure last used during the Second World War and the post-war era.

However, Lang said the UK was currently less prepared for rationing than it was in 1939 as planning had started three years earlier by Sir William Beveridge ahead of the build-up to the conflict.

The senior academic spoke out as he prepared to publish a damning study next week on the impact of Brexit on the supply, quality and price of food.

He said that 30% of Britain’s food supply comes directly from EU countries and a further 11% via deals done by the EU with other countries.

“Is rationing possible? Well, if we are cut off from 41% of our food that might be one of the things that has to be done,” he told The National.

Lang, a professor of food policy at City University, London, said prepar-ations were better ahead of rationing being introduced during the Second World War.

When global trade is shut down to satisfy the whims of wokeism crying about orange man and legacy news cheering on the deranged what do you expect? It's a load of fkn bollocks, and has nothing to do with brexit! It is a reoccurring theme with civilisations. But rationing? I think these pseudo journalist mean they can't get their caviar or foie gras this month, instead of directing the blame where it belongs...fifty - three hundred years of fiscal incompetence!

Your words haven't helped me in the last two weeks when trying to get petrol Art.
Panic buying bastards did the same with bogroll.
It would seem that any sensationalist piece of journalism suggesting that Cigarettes and Tobacco are going to be hard to come by, will have loads of non-smokers queuing for fags --whilst stocks last :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:31 pm

LordRaven wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Guest wrote:

Your words haven't helped me in the last two weeks when trying to get petrol Art.
Panic buying bastards did the same with bogroll.
It would seem that any sensationalist piece of journalism suggesting that Cigarettes and Tobacco are going to be hard to come by, will have loads of non-smokers queuing for fags --whilst stocks last :gigglesnshit:

Art wasn't panic buying bogroll Raven.

He's so full of shit he needs 140 rolls a week

(yes i know this will be deleted)
Cactus Jack

Previous

Return to UK News