Army drivers on standby to relieve Britain’s food shortage

Re: Army drivers on standby to relieve Britain’s food shortage

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It takes time for people to learn to drive, and especially to drive HGVs safely.

Having an inexperienced driver on busy roads with a heavy load, a busy schedule and no clue is a recipe that will lead to more accidents which will just lead to even more logistical problems.

However much homespun snark you think you can throw at the problem the problem doesn't get solved by homespun snark - it required planning and preparation and it got neither.

You would complain if there weren't enough jobs for drivers too.

Having a high demand for workers is a good thing, even if it causes temporary problems.

It means more people can work.

You remember what I said about homespun snark - you tried it and the problem is still here.

Go figure.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:It takes time for people to learn to drive, and especially to drive HGVs safely.

Having an inexperienced driver on busy roads with a heavy load, a busy schedule and no clue is a recipe that will lead to more accidents which will just lead to even more logistical problems.

However much homespun snark you think you can throw at the problem the problem doesn't get solved by homespun snark - it required planning and preparation and it got neither.

You would complain if there weren't enough jobs for drivers too.

Having a high demand for workers is a good thing, even if it causes temporary problems.

It means more people can work.

You remember what I said about homespun snark - you tried it and the problem is still here.

Go figure.

Do you remember I don't give a fuck what you say?
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:34 pm

In line with moderator requests I have reported Maddog comment.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:In line with moderator requests I have reported Maddog comment.

I don't give a fuck about that either.

Are you seeing a trend?
Maddog

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:44 pm

Stooo wrote:
This is a story of a Polish driver who wanted to work in the UK but was deported and even served a short time in custody.

Jakub has seen a lot of information about how much the British need truck drivers. He has previously lived and worked in the UK for 6 years but now got to the point where he was not satisfied with the return to the Polish labor market. So he decided to try his luck in the UK again boarding the plane in June.

Of course, one had to prepare properly for the trip. Jakub terminated the rental agreement, sold the car, interviewed three potential employers remotely, and began applying for Settled Status. Anybody could have applied for this status by the end of June this year, as long as you are a citizen of an EU country and have spent at least five years in a row in the UK. Thanks to this, you do not have to apply for a normal work visa and stay in the country on simplified terms.

https://kierowcyhgv.uk/en/news/2221-pol ... in-england

Come over, get nicked and earn nothing.

:dunno:

The top comment to that article sums it up.

"I live in hope that eventually the U.K. will 'get a grip'. Make sure functionaries are properly trained, understand their job, and do it properly."

I would suggest to not hold your breath; things will get worse before (/ if) they start to get better.

Who from EU would WANT to come to UK (or should that be GB -exc NI) if they have viable options elsewhere?
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:45 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:In line with moderator requests I have reported Maddog comment.

Not worth it when I'm online, call a helpline.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:49 pm

Stooo wrote:

Not worth it at anytime - although it's the advice given by other mods so I might as well try to take it.

For all the good it will do.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Maddog wrote:

Are you seeing a trend?

Yes but I'll keep doing it because that's what the mods said to do.

Don't worry they have no intention of placing any sanction on you and you can continue to deflect and derail every thread with your witless babbling about Texas and how good things are in Hapsburg.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:52 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
This is a story of a Polish driver who wanted to work in the UK but was deported and even served a short time in custody.

Jakub has seen a lot of information about how much the British need truck drivers. He has previously lived and worked in the UK for 6 years but now got to the point where he was not satisfied with the return to the Polish labor market. So he decided to try his luck in the UK again boarding the plane in June.

Of course, one had to prepare properly for the trip. Jakub terminated the rental agreement, sold the car, interviewed three potential employers remotely, and began applying for Settled Status. Anybody could have applied for this status by the end of June this year, as long as you are a citizen of an EU country and have spent at least five years in a row in the UK. Thanks to this, you do not have to apply for a normal work visa and stay in the country on simplified terms.

"I live in hope that eventually the U.K. will 'get a grip'. Make sure functionaries are properly trained, understand their job, and do it properly."

I would suggest to not hold your breath; things will get worse before (/ if) they start to get better.

Who from EU would WANT to come to UK (or should that be GB -exc NI) if they have viable options elsewhere?

Why don't people from the UK fill the positions?

Is your unemployment rate 0?

Are there no able bodied Brits on assistance?
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Not worth it at anytime - although it's the advice given by other mods so I might as well try to take it.

For all the good it will do.

It's just forum shit, we dip in if it's something worse than hurt feelings but otherwise you're all grown ups :smilin:

Unless you piss off the mods that is :mrgreen:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Evidently there aren't - what's your plan B.
Last edited by Cactus Jack on Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Are you seeing a trend?

Yes but I'll keep doing it because that's what the mods said to do.

Don't worry they have no intention of placing any sanction on you and you can continue to deflect and derail every thread with your witless babbling about Texas and how good things are in Hapsburg.

Who brought up Texas and Hapsburg?

You
Are
Fucking
Obsessed
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:54 pm

What's that Hapsburg?
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:54 pm

Maddog wrote:

Because we have a million more jobs waiting to be filled than we have job seekers to fill them. :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:56 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Evidently there aren't - what's your plan B.

Let the market forces work.

Wages will rise to attract labor.

Maybe you could learn how to drive..
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs