Britons to pay €7 to enter Europe

Re: Britons to pay €7 to enter Europe

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:57 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Of course it was sweeping - he lumped all leavers together.

He can wait all he likes. You can tell him that if he wants an answer, he can be more civil.

So you considered the consequences, the loss of industries, peoples jobs, their homes, and thought "yep i'm cool with that, sod 'em"? :shake head:

You got all that from my post? Wow! You lefties certainly have vivid imaginations.

Either you considered the consequences, or you didn't - so which is it?

Expect another very poor attempt at circumlocution at best possibly with some personal abuse thrown in.

Or just the personal abuse.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:59 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:What a stupid game to play with only one side holding the cards.

You're forgetting how we're viewed Stoo.

This wasn't about the good of the country or what's best for the people this was only ever about who got to lead the Conservative party because British people are so stupid they think Social Justice is a bad thing.

David Cameron rode on the anti-Europe train convinced that the lines of kant and rhetoric would have no real world effect whatsoever. Sure some Eastern Europeans were denied mortgages, some Black people got killed and some Jews got attacked by 'nutters' but the 'salt of the Earth' white working class bloke who had been hoodwinked into voting Tory would always vote for what the Tory Leader told them to.

There was not one moment of consideration given to how Brexit would happen if the people were to actually vote for it and David Cameron got out of dodge pretty damn sharpish once it did. He gambled but all he lost was office - and even that just meant he could spend all his time on his more lucrative lobbying side hustle.

After that there was a deal to be made with the Lib Dems, Labour and the bulk of Tory MPs at that time who knew the kind of Brexit the ERG were looking for was economic suicide. We could have had membership of the EEA so the Tories could say they delivered on Brexit but no real damage was possible but Theresa May had to promise 'not a soft Brexit or Hard Brexit but a Red, White and Blue Brexit' - so the soft Brexit was out. Of course she couldn't deliver on this promise and was eventually ousted but there was that consultancy and speech circuit again - she made over £1 million in the year after leaving office - well over he PMs salary.

Guaranteed that Labour would not and the Lib Dems could not support the convoluted schemes required and pushed into a corner by the DUP Theresa May got ousted by vague utopian promises of a UK with all the advantages of EU membership but bound by none of the conditions and Boris became Tory Leader.

Right now Boris knows it's a complete balls up. He knows he's been played into a blind corner and there's no way out for him, but when he goes there will still be the consultancies and the speaking tours and the blue rinse conservatives associations who'll pay him a few thousand pounds for a twenty minutes speech and he'll suffer no consequences for his actions - consequences are for little people like us.

Look at yourself before you accuse Brits of being "stupid". Has it occurred to you that people made up their own minds, they weren't hoodwinked by anyone, and leavers don't regret the way they voted? If you want to be "Irish", mind your manners when you talk about Brits.

:yikes: :yikes: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Just to add the only manners I'll show a Brit like Rags are the manners I put on them.
Cactus Jack

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:00 pm

Grafenwalder wrote: :yikes: :yikes: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

You can be excused Grafen as you weren't here in 2016, but other remainers were. Where are all the posts from them predicting what would happen? Oh yes, there weren't really any.
Raggamuffin

Postby art0hur0moh » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:00 pm

Britain Last wrote:Why did anyone vote leave, didn’t they even consider the consequences?
All they do now is moan about extra costs and impositions placed upon them.
They’re all as thick as pig shit.

Told what to say by hacks in the media. And conditioned with a very specific vocabulary that supports stupidity.
art0hur0moh

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Stooo wrote:What a stupid game to play with only one side holding the cards.

You're forgetting how we're viewed Stoo.

This wasn't about the good of the country or what's best for the people this was only ever about who got to lead the Conservative party because British people are so stupid they think Social Justice is a bad thing.

David Cameron rode on the anti-Europe train convinced that the lines of kant and rhetoric would have no real world effect whatsoever. Sure some Eastern Europeans were denied mortgages, some Black people got killed and some Jews got attacked by 'nutters' but the 'salt of the Earth' white working class bloke who had been hoodwinked into voting Tory would always vote for what the Tory Leader told them to.

There was not one moment of consideration given to how Brexit would happen if the people were to actually vote for it and David Cameron got out of dodge pretty damn sharpish once it did. He gambled but all he lost was office - and even that just meant he could spend all his time on his more lucrative lobbying side hustle.

After that there was a deal to be made with the Lib Dems, Labour and the bulk of Tory MPs at that time who knew the kind of Brexit the ERG were looking for was economic suicide. We could have had membership of the EEA so the Tories could say they delivered on Brexit but no real damage was possible but Theresa May had to promise 'not a soft Brexit or Hard Brexit but a Red, White and Blue Brexit' - so the soft Brexit was out. Of course she couldn't deliver on this promise and was eventually ousted but there was that consultancy and speech circuit again - she made over £1 million in the year after leaving office - well over he PMs salary.

Guaranteed that Labour would not and the Lib Dems could not support the convoluted schemes required and pushed into a corner by the DUP Theresa May got ousted by vague utopian promises of a UK with all the advantages of EU membership but bound by none of the conditions and Boris became Tory Leader.

Right now Boris knows it's a complete balls up. He knows he's been played into a blind corner and there's no way out for him, but when he goes there will still be the consultancies and the speaking tours and the blue rinse conservatives associations who'll pay him a few thousand pounds for a twenty minutes speech and he'll suffer no consequences for his actions - consequences are for little people like us.

Look at yourself before you accuse Brits of being "stupid". Has it occurred to you that people made up their own minds, they weren't hoodwinked by anyone, and leavers don't regret the way they voted? If you want to be "Irish", mind your manners when you talk about Brits.

:yikes: :yikes: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Just to add the only manners I'll show a Brit like Rags are the manners I put on them.

That doesn't make any sense. Is it some sort of republican talk?
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Of course it was sweeping - he lumped all leavers together.

He can wait all he likes. You can tell him that if he wants an answer, he can be more civil.

So you considered the consequences, the loss of industries, peoples jobs, their homes, and thought "yep i'm cool with that, sod 'em"? :shake head:

You got all that from my post? Wow! You lefties certainly have vivid imaginations.

Either you considered the consequences, or you didn't - so which is it?

Expect another very poor attempt at circumlocution at best possibly with some personal abuse thrown in.

Or just the personal abuse.

No tag-teaming please.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:08 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

You can be excused Grafen as you weren't here in 2016, but other remainers were. Where are all the posts from them predicting what would happen? Oh yes, there weren't really any.

Ell oh Ell.

Where to start?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:16 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ell oh Ell.

Where to start?

She's quite a comedienne!
Grafenwalder

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:20 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ell oh Ell.

Where to start?

Look at the threads which contained the word "Brexit" or "Referendum" back then? Where were all you remainers? Of course, there were plenty of threads about it after it happened.

Also, did you think about paying to go to Europe, or did you think about kitemarks? Don't bother to lie. :laughing:

If Scotland ever get independence, will you suddenly be telling the Scots how you warned them that things might not go as well as they would have liked?
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:22 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ell oh Ell.

Where to start?

Is it compulsory for remainers to tag-team? Not one of you can think for yourselves. :shake head:
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:27 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Look at the threads which contained the word "Brexit" or "Referendum" back then? Where were all you remainers? Of course, there were plenty of threads about it after it happened.

Also, did you think about paying to go to Europe, or did you think about kitemarks? Don't bother to lie. :laughing:

If Scotland ever get independence, will you suddenly be telling the Scots how you warned them that things might not go as well as they would have liked?

Pretty sure that I was on the marches or on individual protests with SODEM, I used the pic with Steve Bray as an avatar for a while and will be happy to post it again.

You didn't get the brexit that you wanted but you got the one that you were warned about.

Call the police.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ell oh Ell.

Where to start?

There were of course thousands of such post and all were similarly smeared as 'Project Fear'.

And every time a problem was predicted since then it was also dismissed as both Project Fear and being a Remoaner too

I instantly jumped on the Johnson Protocol as one that had de facto returned the Six Counties to the Republic, something the DUP now say has happened, and it was dismissed as being a remoaner and project fear despite the fact I openly support the reunification of Ireland and see the inevitable reduction and removal of British influence the Johnson Protocol will cause as a good thing - for Ireland not for Britain.

I also saw the move of financial services jobs to Ireland, which has happened, as a good thing.

Just because they didn't listen it doesn't mean nothing was said.
Last edited by Cactus Jack on Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cactus Jack

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:29 pm

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Look at the threads which contained the word "Brexit" or "Referendum" back then? Where were all you remainers? Of course, there were plenty of threads about it after it happened.

Pretty sure that I was on the marches or on individual protests with SODEM, I used the pic with Steve Bray as an avatar for a while and will be happy to post it again.

You didn't get the brexit that you wanted but you got the one that you were warned about.

Call the police.

What's the point of marches? You should have been warning people about kitemarks on here.

You're the one moaning about Brexit, I don't have a problem with it.
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:31 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Call the police.

What's the point of marches? You should have been warning people about kitemarks on here.

You're the one moaning about Brexit, I don't have a problem with it.

Of course.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:36 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Ell oh Ell.

Where to start?

There were of course thousands of such post and all were similarly smeared as 'Project Fear'.

And every time a problem was predicted since then it was also dismissed as both Project Fear and being a Remoaner too

I instantly jumped on the Johnson Protocol as one that had de facto returned the Six Counties to the Republic, something the DUP now say has happened, and it was dismissed as being a remoaner and project fear despite the fact I openly support the reunification of Ireland and see the inevitable reduction and removal of British influence the Johnson Protocol will cause as a good thing - for Ireland not for Britain.

I also saw the move of financial services jobs to Ireland, which has happened, as a good thing.

Just because they didn't listen it doesn't mean nothing was said.

There were barely any posts from you on the subject.
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs