Ireland officially overtakes UK in terms of vaccine rollout

Re: Ireland officially overtakes UK in terms of vaccine rollout

Postby Maddog » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:24 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:He said: “While the UK’s vaccine programme got off to a good start, it has slowed markedly in recent weeks.

“Human behaviour is powerfully shaped by perceptions of risk. It would be understandable if people in the UK, wrongly, felt that the risk had receded because of the way in which some ministers have spoken in ways that suggest the pandemic is over.

“This seems to have been less of a problem in Spain.”

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/spain-co ... ed-1127933

Just as I thought. It's not a shortage of vaccines, it's a shortage of willing participants..

Countries have cultures. Brits are slightly less likely to do what they are told, than an Irishman or a Spaniard, but more likely to than an American.

It's why we have low vaccination rates and so many vaccines that we are starting to destroy them, because they are expiring.

What utter crap.

First the idea that the Irish are noted for being compliant is laughable - tell the British Army from 1973 to 1998 how compliant they are.

Second all the factors that are leading to shortages in the supermarkets are affecting the distribution of vaccines too - which should be obvious even to an American from an uneducated shithole state.

Third young people in Britain aren't showing any reluctance to get the vaccine, some in Northern Ireland are travelling into the Republic to get the jab.

Johnson's early efforts to grab every dose going only served to give him headlines for a few days and committed him to a deliver schedule for the Pfizer and Moderna jabs - the AZ isn't suitable for younger people - that has left the UK in a vulnerable position.

The Irish just behave like responsible adults, not spoiled brats throwing a tantrum because they can't get their own way.

You should post a story about their being a shortage of vaccines in the UK. It would be cool.
Maddog

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:

The thread is actually about how Ireland has pulled ahead of the UK in vaccination rate.

As for behaving like spoiled brats, you're the one who is screaming hysterically at strangers on topics that have nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

Ireland are now ahead despite the UK having nearly two months head start, there were a lot of threads that blamed the EU when the UK were ahead so why shouldn't the reverse be true?.

I hear it's because Brexit has disrupted the supply chains for vaccination producers.

Feel free to pull Cactus up for boasting about 1973 to 1998 before you show yourself up as a complete hypocrite as well as a coward.

As I said it's not a competition, this is just a Brit-bashing thread as usual. Have you no intelligence at all?

1 - On the subject of intelligence you don't seem to grasp that not all Guest are the same person.

2 - Reading back Cactus was responding to a racial slur so I'll give him a pass this time, but on a general note to you and him bringing up The Troubles every time you're losing an argument is like bringing up the Holocaust - it's bad form

3 - Looking back you had plenty to say when the UK were ahead of the EU but now you want to hide behind the idea that it's all Brit Bashing. It was the same when the UK went ahead in terms of covid deaths and suddenly the comparisons were no longer valid. It's both stupid and cowardly.

To me this is a thread about how incompetent the Conservative Government have been. Nothing else.

When you reply directly to Cactus, you might be taken more seriously. He brought up "The Troubles" (AKA the IRA murdering people) first, and practically boasted about it. Perhaps you're too scared to reply directly to him.

If this is a thread about the Conservative Government (yet another one), then it shouldn't involve Ireland should it?
Raggamuffin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:18 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:He said: “While the UK’s vaccine programme got off to a good start, it has slowed markedly in recent weeks.

“Human behaviour is powerfully shaped by perceptions of risk. It would be understandable if people in the UK, wrongly, felt that the risk had receded because of the way in which some ministers have spoken in ways that suggest the pandemic is over.

Just as I thought. It's not a shortage of vaccines, it's a shortage of willing participants..

Countries have cultures. Brits are slightly less likely to do what they are told, than an Irishman or a Spaniard, but more likely to than an American.

It's why we have low vaccination rates and so many vaccines that we are starting to destroy them, because they are expiring.

What utter crap.

First the idea that the Irish are noted for being compliant is laughable - tell the British Army from 1973 to 1998 how compliant they are.

Second all the factors that are leading to shortages in the supermarkets are affecting the distribution of vaccines too - which should be obvious even to an American from an uneducated shithole state.

Third young people in Britain aren't showing any reluctance to get the vaccine, some in Northern Ireland are travelling into the Republic to get the jab.

Johnson's early efforts to grab every dose going only served to give him headlines for a few days and committed him to a deliver schedule for the Pfizer and Moderna jabs - the AZ isn't suitable for younger people - that has left the UK in a vulnerable position.

The Irish just behave like responsible adults, not spoiled brats throwing a tantrum because they can't get their own way.

You should post a story about their being a shortage of vaccines in the UK. It would be cool.

You could try replying to a thread - it would be a change.

Or just post some more myths about your uneducated shithole state.
Cactus Jack

Postby art0hur0moh » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:44 pm

How many threads do you need to advertise quackery? An equal number to the pseudo journalist interviewing unacclaimed political and medical experts? I have hardly seen one expert in thirty years. Piss aff.
art0hur0moh

Postby drum » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

What utter crap.

You could just stop snapping at people, you bait and wind folk up CJ , now he's called you a big vagina in one thread and you're here slagging off his home.

How old are you people ? I've spent all day with five 7 yr olds and they made more sense than the pair of you. A bit of banter is fine but you post topics then they all go off topic.

:roll:
drum

Postby Maddog » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:55 pm

drum wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

What utter crap.

You could just stop snapping at people, you bait and wind folk up CJ , now he's called you a big vagina in one thread and you're here slagging off his home.

How old are you people ? I've spent all day with five 7 yr olds and they made more sense than the pair of you. A bit of banter is fine but you post topics then they all go off topic.

Just to clarify,

I called him a big vagina for being a snitch.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:58 pm

drum wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

What utter crap.

Who puts them off topic? - Stop blaming me for responding and doing fuck all about him.

He is given total impunity and always has been so if you won't call him to book I will and I'll make damn sure I have fun mocking Texas while doing it - I'm a Steelers fan and mocking Texas is kind of our thing
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:08 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

What utter crap.

Some of them behaved like spoilt brats when they couldn't get their own way, and it ended in murder.

Who gives a stuff what's happening in Ireland? It's not a competition, it's just another excuse for you to start with your petty anti-British shite.

He's the child the spoilt one of these forms with stamp your feet syndrome and OCD.
His please notice me problems loom large too.
I wonder what names he's going to call me because his options seem limited and constantly repeated.
Maybe he'll even Google his reply for this too! :pmsl:

He will just report you.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:13 pm

Maddog wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

What utter crap.

Some of them behaved like spoilt brats when they couldn't get their own way, and it ended in murder.

Who gives a stuff what's happening in Ireland? It's not a competition, it's just another excuse for you to start with your petty anti-British shite.

He's the child the spoilt one of these forms with stamp your feet syndrome and OCD.
His please notice me problems loom large too.
I wonder what names he's going to call me because his options seem limited and constantly repeated.
Maybe he'll even Google his reply for this too! :pmsl:

He will just report you.

No Rollup's on ignore - he''s not entertaining.

You on the other hand are a laugh a minute. Seeing how butt hurt your are is funny.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:15 pm

Ignoring one poster, reporting another.

Do you pee sitting down too?
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:16 pm

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:What utter crap.

Why do you have to mention ancient history every time Ireland is raised? Most of those waiting for the vaccine weren't even born when the GFA was signed and half the coffin dodgers who were born way back then the ones who need the UK to be doing way better.

Ireland is not the only EU country that has moved ahead of the UK in the roll out of their vaccination program and by the end of this month it will be every EU country.

Is it anti-British to expect our government to meet the same standards every other country in Europe is achieving?

It's strange how you never say anything when people bring up really ancient history, like the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, slavery, or even older stuff.

Now get stuffed. My reply was about people behaving like spoilt brats - you seem to be one of those.

The thread is actually about how Ireland has pulled ahead of the UK in vaccination rate.

As for behaving like spoiled brats, you're the one who is screaming hysterically at strangers on topics that have nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

Ireland are now ahead despite the UK having nearly two months head start, there were a lot of threads that blamed the EU when the UK were ahead so why shouldn't the reverse be true?.

I hear it's because Brexit has disrupted the supply chains for vaccination producers.

I think this is the last post before it was deflected.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:18 pm

Maddog wrote:Ignoring one poster, reporting another.

Do you pee sitting down too?

Soooooo butt hurt.

Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:20 pm

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:What utter crap.

Why do you have to mention ancient history every time Ireland is raised? Most of those waiting for the vaccine weren't even born when the GFA was signed and half the coffin dodgers who were born way back then the ones who need the UK to be doing way better.

Ireland is not the only EU country that has moved ahead of the UK in the roll out of their vaccination program and by the end of this month it will be every EU country.

Is it anti-British to expect our government to meet the same standards every other country in Europe is achieving?

It's strange how you never say anything when people bring up really ancient history, like the assassination of Abraham Lincoln, slavery, or even older stuff.

Now get stuffed. My reply was about people behaving like spoilt brats - you seem to be one of those.

Sorry - the floor is yours again
Cactus Jack

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs