Israel on brink of lockdown after dropping facemask rules

Re: Israel on brink of lockdown after dropping facemask rules

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
ArchieG wrote:That Boris is always wrong is CJs political mantra, rather than lockdown addiction I think. You would like it here, Rags. The beach is rammed, and its Cowes week. About a thousand people on the esplanade watching a local band giving it some. I am trusting my vaccine.
Jesus :yikes: you'll need more than 'trust' given the thread op, and maybe ask for some divine intervention!

Actually the chances are that he will survive. For now.

What's at issue isn't direct covid deaths anymore it's long covid and that's a whole other story.

Even asymptomatic covid infections can leave trace effects in the cardio-pulminary system that can mean increased susceptability to a variety of respitatory diseases and make them hundreds of times more dangerous - there are already recorded cases of common RSV being fatal for people long after they tested positive.

Containing the virus before we get to September when school reopen should be a priority but I suspect that like last year Boris Johnson wants to cram as many weeks of economic activity into the few weeks respite summer offers and then try to blame to NHS when the inevitable wave of winter hospitalisations hits.

This is why you would never be any fun anywhere. ^

I don't consider needlessly endangering others fun.

Parachute Jump = I might die + no-one else will get injured = Fun

Being the carrier of deadly infection = I won't be harmed + others will die = Not Fun
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:02 pm

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:One in three deaths after infection with MERS. Israel is good at dealing with threats, the rest of us not so much.

You have to hand it to the Israelis they have the best public health system in the world bar none.

If they're losing control of this with their level of civic protection there is no chance that cutting and pasting from Reason - and not noticing the same basic error in the way numbers are interpretted - will help.

The data is indicating this is a bit of a slow burner - It's making me wonder if there's a modified variant with a longer incubation period out there because the progress from hospitalisation to death is greater.

Or it could just be that like HIV covid will be a life-long condition that just leaves the door wide open for other usually more mild diseases to become deadly.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
ArchieG wrote:That Boris is always wrong is CJs political mantra, rather than lockdown addiction I think. You would like it here, Rags. The beach is rammed, and its Cowes week. About a thousand people on the esplanade watching a local band giving it some. I am trusting my vaccine.
Jesus :yikes: you'll need more than 'trust' given the thread op, and maybe ask for some divine intervention!

What's at issue isn't direct covid deaths anymore it's long covid and that's a whole other story.

Even asymptomatic covid infections can leave trace effects in the cardio-pulminary system that can mean increased susceptability to a variety of respitatory diseases and make them hundreds of times more dangerous - there are already recorded cases of common RSV being fatal for people long after they tested positive.

Containing the virus before we get to September when school reopen should be a priority but I suspect that like last year Boris Johnson wants to cram as many weeks of economic activity into the few weeks respite summer offers and then try to blame to NHS when the inevitable wave of winter hospitalisations hits.

Being the carrier of deadly infection = I won't be harmed + others will die = Not Fun

Then stay home and post on forums about your moral superiority, like you have always done.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:44 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Jesus :yikes: you'll need more than 'trust' given the thread op, and maybe ask for some divine intervention!

Then stay home and post on forums about your moral superiority, like you have always done.

I could do that but I prefer a more nuanced position.

I go about my daily business largely as normal but when I go into a shop or onto public transport I wear a mask, doing little things like that that fall under the umbrella of

Taking responsibility for how my actions may affect others.

You know like an adult - not a spoiled screaming brat throwing a tantrum.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:18 pm

Congratulations.

Even if it's unnecessary.

You obviuosly have a much stronger need to feel virtuous than I do.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:51 am

No I'm just a responsible adult who takes responsibility for his actions - not a spoiled brat who throws a tantrum every time he doesn't get his own way.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:23 am

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-ann ... e-12372066

So much for covid 'not affecting' children
Cactus Jack

Postby drum » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:32 am

Cactus Jack wrote:https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-annabel-is-fighting-virus-symptoms-months-after-testing-negative-for-the-disease-12372066

So much for covid 'not affecting' children

Sad situation :shake head: which is why we must keep the masks on, try and keep those little kids safer.
drum

Postby Raggamuffin » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:51 am

That sounds like anxiety to me. It's not surprising as even children will have picked up on the panic and the potential serious nature of Covid.
Raggamuffin

Postby Holly » Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:19 am

I'm sorry but I disagree. Forcing masks on children is cruel and could affect their health and mental well being. They need to see their peers and close family members faces to recognise sadness, happiness, anger or any other emotions. Plus I'm not convinced that wearing masks won't jeopardize their health, especially at sports on a hot day. Many kids actually pass out.
Here are a couple of great articles that can explain the why.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... evelopment

https://www.city-journal.org/masking-ch ... nd-harmful
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:10 am

Holly wrote:I'm sorry but I disagree. Forcing masks on children is cruel and could affect their health and mental well being. They need to see their peers and close family members faces to recognise sadness, happiness, anger or any other emotions. Plus I'm not convinced that wearing masks won't jeopardize their health, especially at sports on a hot day. Many kids actually pass out.
Here are a couple of great articles that can explain the why.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... evelopment

https://www.city-journal.org/masking-ch ... nd-harmful

We're not talking about wearing masks all day every day we're looking at wearing masks in some situations.

Wearing a mask on public transport is very different to wearing a mask when being read a bedtime story.

Look at pictures of Japan and other south east Asian countries where wearing a mask in quite routine.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:37 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:No I'm just a responsible adult who takes responsibility for his actions - not a spoiled brat who throws a tantrum every time he doesn't get his own way.

You're a virtue signaling prick who likely has anxiety issues and obsesses over things.

And it's not about getting your way. You would wear the mask if you weren't required to. Then come on here and talk about how virtuous you were for doing so.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:No I'm just a responsible adult who takes responsibility for his actions - not a spoiled brat who throws a tantrum every time he doesn't get his own way.

You're a virtue signaling prick who likely has anxiety issues and obsesses over things.

And it's not about getting your way. You would wear the mask if you weren't required to. Then come on here and talk about how virtuous you were for doing so.

Abuse reported - that's the only way to deal with the citizens of Hapsburg
Cactus Jack

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs