A Benjamin for a jab.

Re: A Benjamin for a jab.

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:24 am

Maddog wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's a mixture here.

You will find anti vaxers in Alabama and San Francisco. Plenty of white farmers in Nebraska and black folks in Detroit.

These rewards aren't new. Seattle gave out joints if you got a shot.

Nothing to do with "conservatives" seeing themselves as victims then for not getting $100.

I think it's a bad idea - it's rewarding selfishness and stupidity.

Something Maddog wishes he’d held out for. :gigglesnshit:

It's $100.

That's 5 table dances at the titty bar. :gigglesnshit:

I guess I could go back and get them again. I don't really think anyone would know.

Do you think an arm or a leg would fall off if I was double vaccinated?

Hopefully something else as you such a sleaze.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Maddog » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's a mixture here.

You will find anti vaxers in Alabama and San Francisco. Plenty of white farmers in Nebraska and black folks in Detroit.

Nothing to do with "conservatives" seeing themselves as victims then for not getting $100.

It's $100.

That's 5 table dances at the titty bar. :gigglesnshit:

I guess I could go back and get them again. I don't really think anyone would know.

Do you think an arm or a leg would fall off if I was double vaccinated?

Hopefully something else as you such a sleaze.

:wubwub:
Maddog

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:28 am

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Again we see the driving need for conservatives to see themselves as victims.

'I didn't get a lollipop with my jab' is something you would admonish a 3 year old for crying about in private.

Maybe it's "conservatives" who aren't getting the jabs. You make a lot of assumptions.

It's a mixture here.

He wasn't selfish or stupid enough. :gigglesnshit:
Raggamuffin

Postby Lady Murasaki » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:30 am

It’s only about £50. Is it worth saving men who visit those bars? I think not. :splat:
Lady Murasaki

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:12 am

Maddog wrote:President Joe Biden has called on state and local governments to give $100 to those who opt to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

The White House announced the new plan Thursday as the dangerous delta variant continues to spread across the U.S. and some states lag behind in vaccination rates.

The White House said the new plan will incentivize the vaccine-hesitant to go get their shots.

https://www.huffp.st/PmQ9OD8

Maybe I should have held out for a few more months? :dunno:

Might work out cheaper as a cost to the State than dealing with the cost of Covid hospital admissions.

Over here the average stay is around 7 days I believe, sometimes much longer, which can be enormously expensive. I don't think that the majority of people would need an incentive but this may help someone who is reluctant to do so in getting one. If this in turns stops them getting Covid and being admitted it would translate into a significant overall saving to the public purse.

Very forward thinking by President Biden.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Holly » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:16 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Maddog wrote:President Joe Biden has called on state and local governments to give $100 to those who opt to get a COVID-19 vaccine.

The White House announced the new plan Thursday as the dangerous delta variant continues to spread across the U.S. and some states lag behind in vaccination rates.

The White House said the new plan will incentivize the vaccine-hesitant to go get their shots.

Might work out cheaper as a cost to the State than dealing with the cost of Covid hospital admissions.

Over here the average stay is around 7 days I believe, sometimes much longer, which can be enormously expensive. I don't think that the majority of people would need an incentive but this may help someone who is reluctant to do so in getting one. If this in turns stops them getting Covid and being admitted it would translate into a significant overall saving to the public purse.

What would also help immensely, is if he had all those immigrants coming over the border vaccinated and masked, instead of letting them all lose into the community and spread the virus, don't you think?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:17 am

Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

What would also help immensely, is if he had all those immigrants coming over the border vaccinated and masked, don't you think?

Yes, that would help and should be a condition of entry and stay.

Not just immigrants but overseas travellers and other visitors as well.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Holly » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:26 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

What would also help immensely, is if he had all those immigrants coming over the border vaccinated and masked, don't you think?

Yes, that would help and should be a condition of entry and stay.

Not just immigrants but overseas travellers and other visitors as well.

I think the US still has travel restriction from most other countries.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:06 am

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:10 am

Houston Methodist Hospital lost 153 employees who refused vaccination and either quit or were fired.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2021/06/28/covid19-vaccination-rates-are-poor-among-healthcare-workershow-can-we-do-better/?sh=2831a10d589e

It'sthe same across the western world with health staff refusing to be part of what is an experiment.
Plenty in the NHS with health care workers from the bottom to the very top refusing the jabs.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:17 am

Fears frontline NHS staff are refusing to get Covid vaccine

Nearly 15% of health service workers in England remain unvaccinated, and the numbers coming forward for a jab have decreased sharply in the last two weeks, NHS figures have revealed, prompting concerns that many frontline staff are refusing the vaccine.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/17/fears-frontline-nhs-staff-are-refusing-to-get-covid-vaccine
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Raggamuffin » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:36 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:

I would say that if someone can overcome their concerns by being offered a bit of money, their concerns weren't very serious in the first place. It's just stupid.
Raggamuffin

Postby Holly » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:11 pm

I think a lot of people would be less reluctant to get the vaccine if it would get FDA approved. Question is, why hasn't it yet?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:20 pm

Holly wrote:I think a lot of people would be less reluctant to get the vaccine if it would get FDA approved. Question is, why hasn't it yet?

My best guess is that it's because a condition it comes with is a stipulation that all IP rights to similar and derivative products will be place in the public domain immediately.

Big pharma will not want that precedent set.
Cactus Jack

Postby xtras1 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:02 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:I think a lot of people would be less reluctant to get the vaccine if it would get FDA approved. Question is, why hasn't it yet?

My best guess is that it's because a condition it comes with is a stipulation that all IP rights to similar and derivative products will be place in the public domain immediately.

Big pharma will not want that precedent set.

Off topic I just Noticed your Tiocfaidh ár lá on another thread cactus, excellent drama on Netflix Rebellion, it's a few years old seen it twice now really good!

Carry on :smilin:
xtras1

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs