RNLI hits back at Farage

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There's a lot of envy on this forum - certain posters can't bear others to have something they don't have, and that's why they're so critical of people owning second properties. I don't care about it much other than the price of houses going up. That should be fixed.

It's not envy, I've always been perfectly happy renting :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:36 pm

Holly wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Holly wrote:
Stooo wrote:I totally agree but these are the same people who are tory donators so there's little chance.

So what do you think should happen to those properties? Should they be taken away forcibly? What if they belong to British citizens? Even if they don't, would you approve of having them taken away so immigrant can live in them? Yes, those home owners might be parasites, but in a democracy you can't just disown people. The law has to change so foreigners can not buy property....but British citizens should be allowed to own them, whether they use them or not. Bottom line, you can't just disown them. People are allowed to invest.

Who said anything about immigrants living in them? Only you so far.

The general levels of housing stock would be improved and both British workers and immigrants would benefit.

As it stands rural communities get less from local taxes and that results in a formula that gives more money from central government to those underpopulated areas - taking money from urban centres where it is needed.

Change the rules on local taxation so instead of having a reduction in council tax an empty property attracts a premium rate 25% higher than the standard rate. Then change the rules on capital gains so if you're selling a property that is not your main residence, if it isn't a new build, all of the gains are subject to tax.

Only a person who doesn't own property would say that, I bet you'd change your tune would you be an investor on such properties we're talking about.

In fact the suggestion comes from people who understand property and local government extremely well.

It resulted in a policy where the council can charge you a premium but only if the property remains unoccupied for two years and it's pretty easy to circumvent that rule.

So tell me why an auditors report from PwC got it so wrong.
Cactus Jack

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:35 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
What will happen to the land currently worked by farmers after they go bust? Golf courses are a massive scar on the environment, they use far too much water and don't forget are elite clubs. What's nice about an area that you can't even visit?

I've visited loads of golf courses.

As well as paving them over, perhaps we should pave over all parks and woodland and build concrete tower blocks to house all the illegal immigrants you want to let in?

They could have lorry parks as well to cater for their new lorry driving jobs.

That's already happening. Johnson pushed through council planning laws last year giving councils the power to take land and build truck parks. Work started on a massive one in Kent. The locals had no say in the matter.

There could be one coming to you very soon - and you won't be able to do anything about it except watch your property value plummet.

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/transport/go ... on-2961480
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:44 pm

Refugee mum who fled to Yorkshire from Syria without a penny to her name becomes top cheesemaker

Many of us would struggle to move to a new place, but Syrian Razan Alsous has thrived in one of the hardest situations a person can go through.

After fleeing civil war in Syria with her husband Raghid and three children, Razan was forced to start again, and has become an award-winning cheesemaker after settling in Yorkshire.

Just like some of the five million Syrians forced to flee the bitter conflict, the Alsous family settled in Yorkshire, arriving with no money and only a few of their essential belongings.

Although Razan had a degree in pharmacology, finding work in West Yorkshire proved very difficult, so she decided to start her own business.

In 2019 she recalled: ‘Initially I began searching for a job but despite having a pharmacy degree and a scientific background my lack of references and work history in the UK made it extremely difficult.

‘After some time I started to look at other options.

Eventually, she had a brainwave. Back in Syria, the family would eat halloumi for breakfast but in the UK she struggled to find a good brand.

‘As I couldn’t find a great tasting quality squeaky cheese anywhere in the supermarkets or local independent farm shops I then had a brainwave: why not create a business and make myself Syrian cheese from fresh high-quality British milk?

‘After just four months of production, we won the World Cheese Award Bronze Prize 2014/15.’

Her company, Yorkshire Dama Cheese, began in Linthwaite, in Huddersfield’s Colne Valley, but is now based in Sowerby Bridge after it expanded.

https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/31/refugee- ... i=15018128

Made quite a name for herself in Yorkshire and even appeared on celebrity Chef James Martins tv show, a fellow Yorkie himself.

https://yorkshiredamacheese.co.uk/conte ... an-s-story
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:There's a lot of envy on this forum - certain posters can't bear others to have something they don't have, and that's why they're so critical of people owning second properties. I don't care about it much other than the price of houses going up. That should be fixed.

I loathe class envy.

No telling how many millions it has killed through the years.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:57 pm

Maddog wrote:

I loathe class envy.

You're safe - you have no class.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:59 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I loathe class envy.

Thank God for that.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I loathe class envy.

Thank God for that.

Thank whoever you want :thumbsup:
Cactus Jack

Postby Major » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:50 pm

There is envy, jealousy on forums usually by lefty pretends do gooduz.

OWNING PROPERTY IS A INVESTMENT OVER TIME USUALLY.

Owning property and land is the best investments we have made over several generations, we have worked and gambled, coming out on top mostly.

Renting out property whether it be commercial or private dwellings is lucrative but you must never let anyone fall behind on their conditions of rental, you must have airtight contracts.

If any of you think it is easy peasy, have a go, try buying another dwelling house.

For generations our attitude has been to provide for, take care our own families above all else, not relying on the state.

Stooo mentioned lorry, van parking, IMHO opinion it should be with security and washing and toilet fascilities is becoming a good earner, your charges are guaranteed to be paid before any vehicle moves off your property.

The old orchards we have recently cleared has planning applied for.

Just remember you will make sod all by laying in bed, on your tippy tappy slagging off those who do work

I have said it before and will say it again, our RNLI is NOT a taxi service for undesirables, as a tax payer I resent them all
Watch this space

Nuff said
Last edited by Major on Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:51 pm

Caravans don't count... :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Major » Sat Jul 31, 2021 7:59 pm

Stooo wrote:Caravans don't count... :NAA:

Stalking me again, Stooo,

If our plans work out caravans will be welcome under the same conditions as vans and lorries, we do not care whose money we take.
I will find a nice spot for you.
Major
Twat.

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:01 pm

Major wrote:
Stooo wrote:Caravans don't count... :NAA:

Stalking me again, Stooo,

If our plans work out caravans will be welcome under the same conditions as vans and lorries, we do not care whose money we take.
I will find a nice spot for you.

Stalking? You're as plain as a slapped arse :gigglesnshit:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Do it again but properly this time Starbold, deleted to save your embarrassment.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:41 pm

Major wrote:I have said it before and will say it again, our RNLI is NOT a taxi service for undesirables, as a tax payer I resent them all
Watch this space

Nuff said

It's not a "taxi service" for desirables either. It's never been a "taxi service". It's a voluntary manned service rescuing anyone in need at sea funded entirely by public donations which have increased over 2000% in one day. Normally they average £7000 a day but have been taking up to £200,000. Thats the publics way of sticking two fingers up at Farage.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/rnli ... 48301.html
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:06 pm

I've done some more reading on this service.

I'm impressed with it to be honest. Folks operating a life saving service on a voluntary basis.

Seems like it works very well and could be a model for a lot of other services. :wink:
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs