RNLI hits back at Farage

RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:18 pm

RNLI hits out at ‘migrant taxi service’ accusations

The Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) has hit out at accusations it is operating a “migrant taxi service” by rescuing people at risk of dying in the water as they cross the Channel in small boats, which the charity says is its moral and legal duty.

Responding to accusations from Nigel Farage that it is facilitating illegal immigration, the volunteer lifeboat charity said it was “very proud” of its humanitarian work and it would continue to respond to coastguard callouts to rescue at-risk Channel migrants in line with its legal duty under international maritime law.

While the charity does not take a stance on political matters, Dowie said: “These islands have the reputation for doing the right thing and being decent societies, and we should be very proud of the work we’re doing to bring these people home safe.”

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... ccusations
Grafenwalder

Re: RNLI hits back at Farage

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:19 pm

Carole hits the bulls eye here - well said Carole! :thumbsup:

Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:21 pm

Are you following me on Twitter? I don't mind if you are. :ooer:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Carole hits the bulls eye here - well said Carole! :thumbsup:

I think they should all be allowed free flights into the UK. That way no one will drown at all :thumbsup:
Or maybe send a ferry over and pick the up at the ports. It could the modern day Dunkirk!

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:27 pm

Guest wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:Carole hits the bulls eye here - well said Carole! :thumbsup:

I think they should all be allowed free flights into the UK. That way no one will drown at all :thumbsup:
Or maybe send a ferry over and pick the up at the ports. It could the modern day Dunkirk!

Agreed, it's about time that this country took in it's fair share of refugees and trained them to do the stuff that we don't want to do like farmwork, healthcare and driving lorries before the second generation integrates and says 'fuck that' and we need more people to pay the taxes for the pensions for the first lot that rescued us. :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:37 pm

Stooo wrote:Are you following me on Twitter? I don't mind if you are. :ooer:

Dunno :dunno: - I just stuck RNLI migrants in Twitter search and Caroles was the first that came up.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:41 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

Dunno :dunno: - I just stuck RNLI migrants in Twitter search and Caroles was the first that came up.

I did some RNLI stuff earlier on Twitter so it was a coincidence :mrgreen:

I really don't think that slagging off much loved institutions is really a rallying point for Farridge's loyalists.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:53 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

I really don't think that slagging off much loved institutions is really a rallying point for Farridge's loyalists.

He's hit an all time low with that. It's a charity i've always supported and am a member of. I don't live anywhere near the sea but you never know and I like to think my little bit helps to what I feel is a very worthy cause. I just hope it always remains a charity and no government gets it's filthy thieving hands on it.
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 pm

Just reading RNLI's Twitter page and the tweets are positive and wonderfully uplifting - restored my faith in humanity! :thumbsup:

This account of a rescue at sea is extremely powerful and very moving.

Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:22 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

He's hit an all time low with that. It's a charity i've always supported and am a member of. I don't live anywhere near the sea but you never know and I like to think my little bit helps to what I feel is a very worthy cause. I just hope it always remains a charity and no government gets it's filthy thieving hands on it.

It's heavily supported by Freemasons as well. A lot of Lodge donations go to 'those in peril on the sea', a hymn sung with the windows open at True Love and Unity Lodge in Brixham when they meet.

phpBB [video]
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:00 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

It's heavily supported by Freemasons as well. A lot of Lodge donations go to 'those in peril on the sea', a hymn sung with the windows open at True Love and Unity Lodge in Brixham when they meet.

phpBB [video]

That was played at a lifeboat inauguration ceremony I attended some years ago to see a station receive it's brand spanking new £2.5m quids worth of Severn class. It's all pretty serious stuff with the local vicar chap blessing the boat and so on. Talking with one of the crew after the ceremony he told me it was named after it's donor, a wealthy widow. Apparently they get quite a lot of donations from wealthy folks.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:18 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:That was played at a lifeboat inauguration ceremony I attended some years ago to see a station receive it's brand spanking new £2.5m quids worth of Severn class. It's all pretty serious stuff with the local vicar chap blessing the boat and so on. Talking with one of the crew after the ceremony he told me it was named after it's donor, a wealthy widow. Apparently they get quite a lot of donations from wealthy folks.

I think that I remember Farridge from another former East India Lodge.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:56 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:That was played at a lifeboat inauguration ceremony I attended some years ago to see a station receive it's brand spanking new £2.5m quids worth of Severn class. It's all pretty serious stuff with the local vicar chap blessing the boat and so on. Talking with one of the crew after the ceremony he told me it was named after it's donor, a wealthy widow. Apparently they get quite a lot of donations from wealthy folks.

I think that I remember Farridge from another former East India Lodge.

I never knew they had his type in. :kinell:
Grafenwalder

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:40 am

Avon Barksdale

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:47 am

Saying that all lives matter isn't racist. What is the world coming to when people can't care about all lives? :shake head: Whoever posted that is a tosser. :bum:
Raggamuffin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs