Nurses deride 3% pay offer.

Re: Nurses deride 3% pay offer.

Postby Maddog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:09 pm

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:
HobbitFeet wrote:There are teeth tourists too, there's a town in Mexico just across the border (I can't remember its name) where Americans flood in for dental work at a fraction of the cost

Of course there are. Everything is cheap in Mexico. I think you can get a boob job for $50 and a goat.

Good luck.

Yeah, aren't those BBl's the new thing down there?
A few people have died from infections after the ass lift :shake head:

https://www.advisory.com/en/daily-brief ... co-surgery

It's a little dicey, but it's cheap.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:35 pm

Why does every thread about healthcare become about some American trying to sell us their failed system?

Americans pay twice as much as a percentage of GDP and their healthcare outcomes do not match up to that investment - or come anywhere close.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Why does every thread about healthcare become about some American trying to sell us their failed system?

Americans pay twice as much as a percentage of GDP and their healthcare outcomes do not match up to that investment - or come anywhere close.

I don't care what system you use.

You're far more interested in me and mine.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:47 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Why does every thread about healthcare become about some American trying to sell us their failed system?

No - but your preaching for failed systems is falling on deaf ears

And your use of false dichotomies breaking your own rules ...
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No - but your preaching for failed systems is falling on deaf ears

And your use of false dichotomies breaking your own rules ...

I like my system.

I hope you like yours.

Clear?
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:07 pm

Actually you don't like your system - you want it changed to exclude more people by overturning certain laws that extend healthcare to those you consider undeserving.

And I don't 100% love my system - I want it changed to include more people.

That is what is clear
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:09 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Actually you don't like your system - you want it changed to exclude more people by overturning certain laws that extend healthcare to those you consider undeserving.

That is what is clear

Who do I deem undeserving of anything?

What a strange comment about me.
Maddog

Postby Holly » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:24 am

HobbitFeet wrote:There are teeth tourists too, there's a town in Mexico just across the border (I can't remember its name) where Americans flood in for dental work at a fraction of the cost

I think you mean Tijuana. I've been there for a day trip when we did California, it's quite a dump.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:17 am

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Actually you don't like your system - you want it changed to exclude more people by overturning certain laws that extend healthcare to those you consider undeserving.

That is what is clear

Who do I deem undeserving of anything?

What a strange comment about me.

Generally most people.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:22 pm

I'm an expat living in America now. So I've experienced both healthcare systems. Do you want to explain to me why I know the American system is better?
I'm absolutely certain I can shoot down any BS you try to post by using personal experience of both systems unlike you.

Postby Maddog » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:57 pm

Guest wrote:

I'm an expat living in America now. So I've experienced both healthcare systems. Do you want to explain to me why I know the American system is better?
I'm absolutely certain I can shoot down any BS you try to post by using personal experience of both systems unlike you.

The expats I know from Canada and the UK complain about it being more complicated, and it is. You have a lot more options, which is new to people used to one.

I've never heard one wish they were being treated "back home", when the shit hits the fan though.

At the end of the day, when you or a loved one are in pain or need help, money, simplicity and fairness become very unimportant. The best care is all that matters.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 31, 2021 11:54 am

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:

The expats I know from Canada and the UK complain about it being more complicated, and it is. You have a lot more options, which is new to people used to one.

I've never heard one wish they were being treated "back home", when the shit hits the fan though.

At the end of the day, when you or a loved one are in pain or need help, money, simplicity and fairness become very unimportant. The best care is all that matters.

Cactus Jack

Postby Text » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:51 am

common sense wrote:I think 3% is rather good. They want 12%. WTF. I haven't had a rise in my ESA for years. They're just greedy. We know they'll give in and they'll get about 8% as Sky News says but if I were Boris I'd stand firm and wouldn't increase it.

Seen you trash-talk teachers too, basically calling them lazy. Is there any profession you like, or even respect?
Hey ho. Whatever. :dunno:
Text

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:50 pm

Text wrote:
common sense wrote:I think 3% is rather good. They want 12%. WTF. I haven't had a rise in my ESA for years. They're just greedy. We know they'll give in and they'll get about 8% as Sky News says but if I were Boris I'd stand firm and wouldn't increase it.

Seen you trash-talk teachers too, basically calling them lazy. Is there any profession you like, or even respect?
Hey ho. Whatever. :dunno:

It seems to be a rule that the extreme right justify any amount of tax avoidance, price gouging or just plain corruption as just 'in the game' but when a worker wants to be paid a fair price for their labour it's greed.

One of the many double standards they carry into battle.
Cactus Jack

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:53 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's me the ex-pat, Not sure what you mean about it being more complicated Maddog?
Any time I need to see a doctor I phone book an appointment that suits my schedule and go see them. I hand over insurance card and State id. they pay the co-payment and that's it.
If I need a follow appointment like I do on Wednesday. It will be the same format I show up at appointed time see the receptionist and fill in the usual forms hand over my Insurance card and ID and pay co-payment.
I drive home and stop to pick up any prescriptions at my local Pharmacy that have already been sent through electronically.
I've used the NHS and switch to private health care when I lived in the UK.
I notice CJ didn't respond to me though. I guess he only has a hard on for you :bawlin:

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs