Number 10 Fascists

Number 10 Fascists

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:21 pm

In future nobody is going to be allowed to embarrass or upset Johnson and his government. Any journos that publish stuff could face 14 years in the slammer. They can only publish nice stuff like Boris giving pennies to the poor and reminding them how Brexit has benefitted them

Sounds like fascism to me.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... hange.html
Grafenwalder

Re: Number 10 Fascists

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:08 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:In future nobody is going to be allowed to embarrass or upset Johnson and his government. Any journos that publish stuff could face 14 years in the slammer. They can only publish nice stuff like Boris giving pennies to the poor and reminding them how Brexit has benefitted them

A better term is statism. These sort of things come from authotarian regimes on left and right. Cuba treats their journalists the same and no one would call them fascists..
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:20 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:In future nobody is going to be allowed to embarrass or upset Johnson and his government. Any journos that publish stuff could face 14 years in the slammer. They can only publish nice stuff like Boris giving pennies to the poor and reminding them how Brexit has benefitted them

A better term is statism. These sort of things come from authotarian regimes on left and right. Cuba treats their journalists the same and no one would call them fascists..

Better to have the corporations own both the media and the government.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Better to have the corporations own both the media and the government.

Nah, that's a dumb idea too.

It appears my position is too nuanced for you.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:01 pm

https://rsf.org/en/ranking

If you look at the bottom 10 on this list, none really strike me as fascist.

Maybe Iran and Saudi, which is strange considering their adversarial position. Probably have to drop Iran off that list based on their relationship with communist countries..

On the other end, the top 10 tend to be the countries that stay out of the affairs of other countries, therefore their governments have less to keep from the press. There is less of an adversarial position.
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:03 pm

The fish rots from the head down, number 55 Tufton Street needs more exposure rather than the clown car that is Downing Street.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:13 pm

A media bill that stifles the media
A Freedom of Speech biill that tramples Freedom of Expression

What's next from the Tories - a contraceptive that boosts fertility?
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:26 pm

Did you watch the Cummings interview last night CJ? You know who Cummings works for and he implied that infiltrating the tories may have worked if they weren't such a sack of shit in the first place. This is similar to the proud boy/US insurrection shit; they expected well turned out and intelligent people to carry the plan to fruition, they got fat football hooligans and nutters like Farridge, Francois, the entire ERG/CRG and assorted twats who all probably smell of wee.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:48 pm

He also said, "I think it's perfectly reasonable to say Brexit was a mistake and history will prove that". :kinell:
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:50 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:He also said, "I think it's perfectly reasonable to say Brexit was a mistake and history will prove that". :kinell:

So what now? I'm fucked if I know.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Wed Jul 21, 2021 7:03 pm

Stooo wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:He also said, "I think it's perfectly reasonable to say Brexit was a mistake and history will prove that". :kinell:

The believers don't either - but then they never did and Cummings confirmed that much in parts of the interview.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:02 pm

It had to be said.

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:59 pm

Stooo wrote:It had to be said.

Priti Nasty has also been lying and misleading parliament recently. It's standard practice from this lot.
Grafenwalder

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:56 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:Priti Nasty has also been lying and misleading parliament recently. It's standard practice from this lot.

They're still relying on the vaccine and blaming the lack of courier drivers on a track and trace system that cost £37Bn rather than the fact that the Johnson Variant is infecting shit loads of people including double vaxxers which will, um, trigger the app; the UK is crawling with COVID.

There are warnings about shortages now and blamed on the 'pingdemic' rather than the rampant spread of a highly communicable disease that sits you on your arse and can kill you, the lack of drivers has far more to do with brexit than any thing else. Kick them out without thinking about who will do their former jobs? :dunno:

There doesn't seem to be shortages in countries a mere 22 miles away and they have COVID too.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:57 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Stooo wrote:

The believers don't either - but then they never did and Cummings confirmed that much in parts of the interview.

Feelings over facts again.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs