Could Texan Dems kill Uncle Joe?

Re: Could Texan Dems kill Uncle Joe?

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:52 am

Maddog wrote: ...

Critical race theory was enabled by a certain group of people that themselves claimed victimhood status to claim they must be employed, kept on and promoted at certain establishments. Given that these establishments are now a major economic engine for themselves and helps to indebt certain large groups of people with unformed minds no-one in authority seems to care.

That aside - as maybe the only American on these boards - I would be grateful if you could tell me if things have changed since the change in administration in the US from your pov. Have they changed for the better, worse or is there no difference.

Postby Grafenwalder » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:43 pm

Guest wrote:

Critical race theory was enabled by a certain group of people that themselves claimed victimhood status to claim they must be employed, kept on and promoted at certain establishments. Given that these establishments are now a major economic engine for themselves and helps to indebt certain large groups of people with unformed minds no-one in authority seems to care.

That aside - as maybe the only American on these boards - I would be grateful if you could tell me if things have changed since the change in administration in the US from your pov. Have they changed for the better, worse or is there no difference.

Yeah Calitom hasn't posted for some time now. Big Trump fan so maybe he went into depression after the insurrection and realised his hero was finished.
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:04 pm

Guest wrote:

In terms of CRT in schools? That's more of a local thing.

Generally speaking about conditions in the country, people are generally relieved about the pandemic, or at least they were until the Delta variant showed up. That's a pretty big load off the collective consciousness of the country. But those vaccines were coming if Mickey Mouse were president.

But other than that, we have crime issues on the rise, and a lot of us don't seem to like each other. And there are a good chunk of us worried about the economy and debt.

In a nut shell, the only differences in the past 6 months is the Covid infections are way down, murder is up and the problem at the border has become worse. The first two really have little to do with Biden though..
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:18 pm

Infections are rising again.

The seven day moving average went from 3000 on 17th July to 5000 on the 24th July.

Murders are up on last year because you were in lockdown last year.

The problem at the border is no different and won't be for as long as the GOP stall Comprehensive Immigration Reform which will be more or less forever.

You've got the same problem we've got with Brexit. You need the workers from overseas due to an aging White population with a raft of senior entitlements but you don't want to admit foreign workers due to an aging White population with a raft of senior entitlements who are maintained as the only ones who can vote.

A man in Texas who was found to have run an elaborate scheme so he could vote for his father who had been dead for 12 years, a man who admitted he had cast an illegal ballot that was counted for Donald Trump in 2016, was given a suspended sentence, he will be able to vote in next years midterms. A Black person who cast a provisional ballot - one that was never counted - because she didn't understand that she was still on licence during the week when registrations took place was given a custodial prison sentence. She won't be able to vote in the midterms or the next Presidential election.

'Ballot integrity' in Texas means exactly what that example proves it does, and Greg Abbot is trying to tip the scales even more.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Infections are rising again.

The seven day moving average went from 3000 on 17th July to 5000 on the 24th July.

Murders are up on last year because you were in lockdown last year.

The problem at the border is no different and won't be for as long as the GOP stall Comprehensive Immigration Reform which will be more or less forever.

You've got the same problem we've got with Brexit. You need the workers from overseas due to an aging White population with a raft of senior entitlements but you don't want to admit foreign workers due to an aging White population with a raft of senior entitlements who are maintained as the only ones who can vote.

A man in Texas who was found to have run an elaborate scheme so he could vote for his father who had been dead for 12 years, a man who admitted he had cast an illegal ballot that was counted for Donald Trump in 2016, was given a suspended sentence, he will be able to vote in next years midterms. A Black person who cast a provisional ballot - one that was never counted - because she didn't understand that she was still on licence during the week when registrations took place was given a custodial prison sentence. She won't be able to vote in the midterms or the next Presidential election.

'Ballot integrity' in Texas means exactly what that example proves it does, and Greg Abbot is trying to tip the scales even more.

I mentioned the Delta variant.

Murders are above pre pandemic numbers. They were rising before the lockdowns ended too. It's not that Biden has done anything to raise the murder rates, especially in some communities, but he hasn't really been able to stop it. That was put in play before he arrived..

As for the border, you are correct that it will take Congress to fix that problem. But what Biden said during the campaign, especially on Spanish speaking TV, created a disaster on the border. He told people to come (to shore up some votes). Well, they came, enmasse, and now we don't know how to handle all of those people..

While Trump was an asshole in terms of immigration, he was honest. He said don't come or I'll send you back. Biden told them to come, and is also sending them back..

He changed his position after he won, and put a lot of immigrant lives in jeopardy..
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:26 pm

In fact you once spent 7 pages claiming, or rather insisting, that Dr Fauci had said there was no probability of the delta variant exploding in the US which was either a misunderstanding of his actual stated position so far off the mark you would have to have an IQ lower than than of an average eggplant or you were deliberately lying.

By this stage the jury's still out on which it is.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:11 am

Cactus Jack wrote:In fact you once spent 7 pages claiming, or rather insisting, that Dr Fauci had said there was no probability of the delta variant exploding in the US which was either a misunderstanding of his actual stated position so far off the mark you would have to have an IQ lower than than of an average eggplant or you were deliberately lying.

Fauci said we were fine. Maybe he was a little off, but he's been wrong before too. I don't think we are going to see much of a problem as prior infections and the Pfizer jabs work pretty damn good.

No doubt new variants may cause some short rises in infections along the way.

We still have a considerable number of folks who won't get vaccinated. That's going to keep this thing around for awhile.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:52 am

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:In fact you once spent 7 pages claiming, or rather insisting, that Dr Fauci had said there was no probability of the delta variant exploding in the US which was either a misunderstanding of his actual stated position so far off the mark you would have to have an IQ lower than than of an average eggplant or you were deliberately lying.

Fauci said we were fine. Maybe he was a little off, but he's been wrong before too. I don't think we are going to see much of a problem as prior infections and the Pfizer jabs work pretty damn good.

We still have a considerable number of folks who won't get vaccinated. That's going to keep this thing around for awhile.

He did not - I read what he said.

You misinterpretted it, You were wrong, Get over it.
Cactus Jack

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:13 am

Maddog wrote:

isn't your vaccination rate around 50%

pretty sure i saw that on the news yesterday, is there a problem with rollout or uptake?

edit - just found this

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/25/heal ... index.html
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Re: KKK not Morally Wrong say GOP

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:21 pm

Guest wrote:Will the tyrant Greg Abbott also force this through?

In the state of Texas, the predominately Republican Senate just passed a bill that eliminates the requirement for public schools to teach that the Ku Klux Klan, a bigoted and racist organization, was “morally wrong.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/te ... entnewsntp

Teaching that the Holocaust was a crime against humanity will also be optional.

Perhaps they won't teach about it at all. Nobody taught about the Holocaust when I was at school.
Raggamuffin

Re: KKK not Morally Wrong say GOP

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:58 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:Will the tyrant Greg Abbott also force this through?

In the state of Texas, the predominately Republican Senate just passed a bill that eliminates the requirement for public schools to teach that the Ku Klux Klan, a bigoted and racist organization, was “morally wrong.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/te ... entnewsntp

Teaching that the Holocaust was a crime against humanity will also be optional.

Perhaps they won't teach about it at all. Nobody taught about the Holocaust when I was at school.

That explains so much.

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:57 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

He did not - I read what he said.

You misinterpretted it, You were wrong, Get over it.

Yeah, he did.

I posted links..
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:00 pm

HobbitFeet wrote:
Maddog wrote:

isn't your vaccination rate around 50%

pretty sure i saw that on the news yesterday, is there a problem with rollout or uptake?

edit - just found this

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/25/heal ... index.html

Nothing wrong with the roll-out.

People are just refusing to get the shots.

We have plenty of vaccines, we need more arms to put them in.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:11 pm

Maddog wrote:

I have to agree - nothing whatsoever wrong with the way Joe Biden has taken the US from third world country levels of vaccine roll-out to leader of the pack.

A cynic might say that as Russia and China are both offering A vaccine free to SOME countries this is just the US playing a soft power catch-up game but frankly - pragmatically speaking - who fucking cares?

If I'm a ten year old kid in Elbonia (thanks Scott Adams) and my Daddy is saved by a US vaccine then from now on I'm U S A, U S A, U S A. Trump was too dumb to see that but Joe Biden isn't
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:30 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I have to agree - nothing whatsoever wrong with the way Joe Biden has taken the US from third world country levels of vaccine roll-out to leader of the pack.

A cynic might say that as Russia and China are both offering A vaccine free to SOME countries this is just the US playing a soft power catch-up game but frankly - pragmatically speaking - who fucking cares?

If I'm a ten year old kid in Elbonia (thanks Scott Adams) and my Daddy is saved by a US vaccine then from now on I'm U S A, U S A, U S A. Trump was too dumb to see that but Joe Biden isn't

Joe Biden didn't do anything to get those shots in arms.

Thank our pharmacueticals.

They got them to the states.

Biden may have had a mech better message, but that's about it.

And people still don't trust the damn thing in huge numbers.
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs