Could Texan Dems kill Uncle Joe?

Could Texan Dems kill Uncle Joe?

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:22 pm

WASHINGTON – The Texas Democrats who fled Austin have spent the last eight nights at a hotel a half-mile from the White House, and they’re growing a bit impatient for an invitation to meet with President Joe Biden.

“We know the president is watching and we’re waiting for him to call,” said state Rep. Ina Minjarez, D-San Antonio. “We are willing and ready to meet with him whenever he would like that.”

But that possibility grew even more remote Tuesday after a revelation, first reported by Axios, that aides to Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Vice President Kamala Harris have tested positive for COVID-19 since their bosses met with the runaway legislators, six of whom had likewise tested positive since Friday.

The Pelosi staffer ushered the Texans around the Capitol last week, Axios reported.

Everyone stricken so far – the six lawmakers and the aides to Pelosi and Harris – was fully vaccinated. That should confer protection against any serious illness, and mute the potential for contagion.

“We’re still working diligently through the COVID protocols that we’ve already set in place,” said state Rep. Ron Reynolds, referring to daily tests for lawmakers and aides since Saturday, when the first three tested positive.

But the White House takes the health of the 78-year-old president very seriously.

Rapid tests are mandatory for journalists who enter the Oval Office or other meeting rooms with him or Harris. Until June 7, testing was required for anyone entering the White House complex, whether they might be in proximity to the president or not.

That requirement has since been lifted for people who are fully vaccinated.

But White House protocols still aim to keep out anyone recently exposed. And the 55 Texas Democrats have become potential vectors since fleeing Austin. Republicans point to photos of them aboard a flight to Washington, none wearing a mask – technically allowed because it was a chartered flight, but a violation of CDC guidelines.

The Democrats fled to break quorum in the Texas House, halting an elections bill demanded by Gov. Greg Abbott that they view as voter suppression.

https://www.bakersfield.com/ap/national ... 8f3e1.html

I don't think this stunt is working very well.

I thought breakthrough cases were very rare. Guess not. Over 10% of the people on that flight (maskless, but I'm not judging) have now caught Covid.

Now aides the the VP and Speaker of the House have the Rona.

BTW, Harris went to Bethesda on Sunday for a "regular" check up.

She was negative, but I tested negative early in the process too.
Maddog

Re: Could Texan Dems kill Uncle Joe?

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:32 pm

If they've tested positve they have to isolate for two weeks and Greg Abbot can't carry out his fascistic promise to arrest them for daring to travel freely within the United States as is their Constitutional right.

I suspect one or more of them may test positive again soon.

Shame that means they can't break isolation and go back to Texas
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:01 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:If they've tested positve they have to isolate for two weeks and Greg Abbot can't carry out his fascistic promise to arrest them for daring to travel freely within the United States as is their Constitutional right.

I suspect one or more of them may test positive again soon.

Shame that means they can't break isolation and go back to Texas

I think they should stay in DC and away from us.

He can arrest them 2 months from now.

They are just putting off the inevitable.

And spreading the plague in that God forsaken town.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:50 pm

So you think it inevitiable the GOP will use fascism to suppress opposition.

At last we agree.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:15 am

Cactus Jack wrote:So you think it inevitiable the GOP will use fascism to suppress opposition.

At last we agree.

It's inevitable the special session will happen. Abbot can keep calling them. Our missing senators can't hide forever. They will come home and do their elected job one way or another. It's not like this hasn't happened before.

It makes for good theater I guess.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:36 am

Abbott can keep calling them and the Democrats can keep stalling them, you were all for it when Moscow Mitch was using it prevent SCOTUS appointment for nearly two years.
Cactus Jack

KKK not Morally Wrong say GOP

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:03 am

Will the tyrant Greg Abbott also force this through?

In the state of Texas, the predominately Republican Senate just passed a bill that eliminates the requirement for public schools to teach that the Ku Klux Klan, a bigoted and racist organization, was “morally wrong.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/te ... entnewsntp

Teaching that the Holocaust was a crime against humanity will also be optional.

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:39 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Abbott can keep calling them and the Democrats can keep stalling them, you were all for it when Moscow Mitch was using it prevent SCOTUS appointment for nearly two years.

Nah,.Moscow Mitch pulled some shit on that.

It will bite the Republicans in the ass one day..
Maddog

Re: KKK not Morally Wrong say GOP

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:40 pm

Guest wrote:Will the tyrant Greg Abbott also force this through?

In the state of Texas, the predominately Republican Senate just passed a bill that eliminates the requirement for public schools to teach that the Ku Klux Klan, a bigoted and racist organization, was “morally wrong.”

The legislature would force that through.

If they ever convene again.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:47 pm

Maddog wrote:

And you think teaching Holocaust Denial should be pushed through?

I guess when Greg Abbot is you're role model Nazism is the next logical step.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Did I say that? I'm just stating how the process works.

Republicans are freaking out about CRT being taught in public schools, and overreacting.

It's what they do.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:55 am

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Did I say that? I'm just stating how the process works.

Republicans are freaking out about CRT being taught in public schools, and overreacting.

It's what they do.

It's what right whingers do all the time.

You may subscribe to the theory that all behaviour is learned or you may not but Right Whingers do their best to teach loyalty to symbols not ideas - that's why The Pledge of Allegiance To The Flag 'is important' but teaching respect and tolerance 'has no place' in schools.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 am

OK. :ooer:
Maddog

Postby Holly » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:19 am

...but that's not what happens CJ, they don't teach respect and tolerance, they teach hate and diversity, and that's dangerous for a democratic society.
The majority of right wingers are not white supremacists FFS. Most of them are normal people, most of them just don't want to lose their liberty and the right to decide what their children should be taught in school. CRT is hateful and has no place in a democracy. We all need to live together, be one people and respect each other. There should never be a them and us.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:06 am

Teaching hate and diversity is a contradiction in terms, respecting diversity means tolerance by definition.

The fact the right wing media brainwashing has been so effective that you don't see that is worrying.

All CRT does is ask what role racial politics played in any given situation. When the KKK were in power in the south, and were sometimes both the party that wanted greater social justice for poor whites and wanted to maintain segregation, what effect did that have?

For example Richard M Nixon had a healthcare plan that was far more liberal that anything proposed since and it was talked out by the so-called Dixiecrats (racist Southern Democrats at the time) because they didn't want its provisions to include Blacks.

In that case CRT shows us the entire healthcare crisis of Reagan Era and beyond could have been circumvented had it not been for the role racism played in Democrat politics at the time.
Cactus Jack

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs