What will happen if folks kneel during this one?

What will happen if folks kneel during this one?

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:13 pm

The NFL has announced it will play the Black National Anthem, “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” before each game in the 2021-22 season as part of a $250 million investment towards social justice.

The league will also continue many of the social justice initiatives implemented last season, including featuring messages of antiracism and unity on helmets and the field, and communicating to fans through signage and public service announcements, per reports by Front Office Sports.
https://news.yahoo.com/nfl-play-black-n ... 23979.html
Maddog

Re: What will happen if folks kneel during this one?

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:30 pm

I'll bet most of y'all didn't even know we had a black national anthem.

No doubt you'll need one of your own to play before sporting events.

Or I guess you can borrow ours..
Maddog

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:43 pm

Maddog wrote:I'll bet most of y'all didn't even know we had a black national anthem.

It'll take ten minutes before the game starts, what with all these anthems!
Raggamuffin

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:50 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Maddog wrote:I'll bet most of y'all didn't even know we had a black national anthem.

It'll take ten minutes before the game starts, what with all these anthems!

I'm trying to think of a good song for Hispanics and Native Americans.

The Asians won't give a shit if they have an anthem.
Maddog

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:01 pm

The best thing to minimise racism in sport would be for black players, or a black player, to say something like 'fuck the kneeling, fuck the special songs, fuck drawing attention to race at every opportunity - let's just play, and may the best team win'

Be positive and you will win a lot of people over - far more than any protest will ever achieve.
Red Okktober

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Boris' Dept of Silly Slogans is currently working on coming up with something to explain how Johnsons actions led to a black British driver winning the British GP. Rumour has it he wanted to invite the Brit F1 team to Downing street for a bevvy but they told him to go isolate himself.

Meantime, the Welsh have a cracking national anthem and know how to belt it out.

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:12 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

Boris' Dept of Silly Slogans is currently working on coming up with something to explain how Johnsons actions led to a black British driver winning the British GP. Rumour has it he wanted to invite the Brit F1 team to Downing street for a bevvy but they told him to go isolate himself.

Meantime, the Welsh have a cracking national anthem and know how to belt it out.

phpBB [video]

I don't think your black folks are going to accept that as their anthem. Doubt their interested in an anthem glorifying sheep.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:18 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

phpBB [video]

That was sort of impressive, but there was a definite lack of kneeling considering they are descendants of colonial masters that raped the African continent.

It just won't do in such enlightened times.

And where are the black Welsh players? It seems like folks in some nations will never come to grips with their racism.
Maddog

Postby Grafenwalder » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

phpBB [video]

That was sort of impressive, but there was a definite lack of kneeling considering they are descendants of colonial masters that raped the African continent.

And where are the black Welsh players? It seems like folks in some nations will never come to grips with their racism.

There's two. "Toby" Faletau born in Tonga but moved to Wales in 97 and Josh Navidi whose father is Iranian married to a Welsh lass.
Grafenwalder

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:29 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:

phpBB [video]

There's two. "Toby" Faletau born in Tonga but moved to Wales in 97 and Josh Navidi whose father is Iranian married to a Welsh lass.

OK, they are at least POCs. I'll allow it..
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:57 pm

Kneel, don't kneel. It's a peaceful protest

And if a few White players are 'cancelled' like some Black players were that's just equality.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Kneel, don't kneel. It's a peaceful protest

And if a few White players are 'cancelled' like some Black players were that's just equality.

Who got cancelled?
Maddog

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:

phpBB [video]

Best anthem in the world :canny:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Cactus Jack » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:35 pm

If you follow Six Nations Rugby you'll see that in recent years when Ireland play anywhere but in Ireland the anthem sung isn't the Irish National Anthem. It used to be, then the Brits complained and bitched saying that isn't representative or all of Ireland and some people were offended. Never mind that the English national anthem in Croke Park where the English army literally locked the gates and started shooting people in the crowd at random was possibly a bit much, apparently they were the ones offended. An alternative that literally included all 32 counties in Ireland and named each one of them was turned down too, it was 'too provokative' - again this from the people who were playing the English National anthem in Croke Parke where that song had accompanied an atrocity carried out again civilains

So did the Irish people start whining, being fauxtraged, and boycott your anthem? Nope.
Did we insist no anthems be played? - nope.

We did this.

The Soldier's Song - God Save Ireland - The Outlaw Raparee or Ireland's call, we'll sing any one of them or all of them and we will own them all.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:If you follow Six Nations Rugby you'll see that in recent years when Ireland play anywhere but in Ireland the anthem sung isn't the Irish National Anthem. It used to be, then the Brits complained and bitched saying that isn't representative or all of Ireland and some people were offended. Never mind that the English national anthem in Croke Park where the English army literally locked the gates and started shooting people in the crowd at random was possibly a bit much, apparently they were the ones offended. An alternative that literally included all 32 counties in Ireland and named each one of them was turned down too, it was 'too provokative' - again this from the people who were playing the English National anthem in Croke Parke where that song had accompanied an atrocity carried out again civilains

So did the Irish people start whining, being fauxtraged, and boycott your anthem? Nope.
Did we insist no anthems be played? - nope.

We did this.

The Soldier's Song - God Save Ireland - The Outlaw Raparee or Ireland's call, we'll sing any one of them or all of them and we will own them all.

Maybe that can be the new one for Black Brits to be played before God save the Queen.
Maddog

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs