What will happen if folks kneel during this one?

Re: What will happen if folks kneel during this one?

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:25 am

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Only 3 -

You've got to allow for the note-bending, high note holding and vocal flourishes.

Start the Anthems on Saturday just after the college games end. You'll be fine.

That should work. Of course we haven't even touched on flags yet.
Each race will need their own flag at some point.

That one's easy - Use the Green White and Gold.

Same rules as St Patrick's Day.

If you're Irish you're required.
If you're not Irish you're invited.
If you're not down with that -two words and you get to choose the first for yourself
but the second one is Off

Yes, black folks will find that really fucking cool.

Please use capitals when referring to people, it shows good manners.

And yes Black people participate in St Pat's the whole world over and add to the celebration.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:42 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Only 3 -

You've got to allow for the note-bending, high note holding and vocal flourishes.

Start the Anthems on Saturday just after the college games end. You'll be fine.

That should work. Of course we haven't even touched on flags yet.
Each race will need their own flag at some point.

That one's easy - Use the Green White and Gold.

Same rules as St Patrick's Day.

If you're Irish you're required.
If you're not Irish you're invited.
If you're not down with that -two words and you get to choose the first for yourself
but the second one is Off

Yes, black folks will find that really fucking cool.

Please use capitals when referring to people, it shows good manners.

And yes Black people participate in St Pat's the whole world over and add to the celebration.

They don't want a anything to do with the flag of a some white ass country in fucking Europe. May as well suggest Sweden. Are you really this dumb?

He'll, I celebrate any event I can. Had a beer on Bastille Day.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:59 am

'They' dont?

I've shared many's a beer with many's a Black person on St Patrick's day. Including some people people I think may have been from Texas - one described himself as 'out of' Galveston and I took that to mean from Galveston.

Maybe they were just being sociable that time but they drank as much and sang as much as anyone in the pub that night.
Cactus Jack

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:49 am

maybe the snakes drove all the black people out
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:43 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:'They' dont?

I've shared many's a beer with many's a Black person on St Patrick's day. Including some people people I think may have been from Texas - one described himself as 'out of' Galveston and I took that to mean from Galveston.

Maybe they were just being sociable that time but they drank as much and sang as much as anyone in the pub that night.

Yeah, it's a big party. Decent humans of all races can get along and forget about our tiny differences and focus on our commonalities and celebrate.

Sports used to be the same way.

To be fair, it still is. It's just a small number of assholes that cause problems. It's a big stage, with a big audience and things get magnified...
Maddog

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Maddog wrote:

Yeah, it's a big party. Decent humans of all races can get along and forget about our tiny differences and focus on our commonalities and celebrate.

To be fair, it still is. It's just a small number of assholes that cause problems. It's a big stage, with a big audience and things get magnified...

Why do you need to play the national anthem when an American team is playing an American team at an American game in an American stadium?

National anthems should be reserved for when you're playing a different country.

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:57 pm

Sports were never the same way.

Baseball was segregated until 1950, in 1933 Black players were secretly banned in the NFL and they were equally secretive about reintegrating in 1946. Then of course there was the treatment of Muhammad Ali and the Olympic boycott - sport and politics, especially racial politics were always intertwined.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:33 am

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Why do you need to play the national anthem when an American team is playing an American team at an American game in an American stadium?

National anthems should be reserved for when you're playing a different country.

That's probably where we are going.

My Vietnamese secretary suggested that's probably the only way this nonsense ends.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:28 am

Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:

If the Bills move to Toronto do they count as a different country?

Should the NFL play Oh Canada too when the Bills play?
Cactus Jack

Postby Red Okktober » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:30 am

Maddog wrote:

My Vietnamese secretary suggested that's probably the only way this nonsense ends.

It's all very well these fools imposing their wokeness on society by introducing songs and protests at sporting events, but the biggest problem will be in putting a stop to it. The sporting bodies that have allowed it to happen, haven't thought it through very well - they have painted themselves into a corner. Who will have the balls to pull the plug on kneeling and special songs?

Taking the knee here happened during lockdown with no crowds. Towards the end of last season, very limited crowds were allowed in, and this is a typical reaction below. Once crowds get back towards full capacity, the full force of public opinion will become known, and someone will have to do something about it. Wokeness and blue collar sports fans isn't a good mix, and trouble lies ahead.

Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:36 am

Red Okktober wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It's all very well these fools imposing their wokeness on society by introducing songs and protests at sporting events, but the biggest problem will be in putting a stop to it. The sporting bodies that have allowed it to happen, haven't thought it through very well - they have painted themselves into a corner. Who will have the balls to pull the plug on kneeling and special songs?

Taking the knee here happened during lockdown with no crowds. Towards the end of last season, very limited crowds were allowed in, and this is a typical reaction below. Once crowds get back towards full capacity, the full force of public opinion will become known, and someone will have to do something about it. Wokeness and blue collar sports fans isn't a good mix, and trouble lies ahead.

Why do you want a perfectly peaceful protest to stop?

You're not Priti Patel you can't send in the stormtroopers on a peaceful protest.

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:28 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Guest wrote:
Maddog wrote:

If the Bills move to Toronto do they count as a different country?

Should the NFL play Oh Canada too when the Bills play?

That's exactly how baseball and hockey handles it.

When a Canadian team plays a US team, both anthems are played. Visitors anthem first...

If it's two Canadian teams playing, only the Canadian anthem is played.

I'm not aware of any kneeling during the Canadian anthem either.

Maybe the Canadians can borrow our Black National Anthem?

There's a hidden racist meaning in that last comment that pretty much only Americans that have worked in the service industry would understand.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:34 pm

Guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Maddog wrote:

You're not Priti Patel you can't send in the stormtroopers on a peaceful protest.

Generally the problem arises when a perfectly peaceful counter protest fires up. The two opposing peaceful protests often devolve into a non peaceful protest.

One peaceful protest is fine, two opposing peaceful protests seem to be more problematic..

Then of course you throw in soccer, which has a long history of violence long before kneeling became so popular.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:41 pm

Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Generally the problem arises when a perfectly peaceful counter protest fires up. The two opposing peaceful protests often devolve into a non peaceful protest.

One peaceful protest is fine, two opposing peaceful protests seem to be more problematic..

Then of course you throw in soccer, which has a long history of violence long before kneeling became so popular.

So right to peaceful assembly is contingent on how much you agree with them?

I guess when Greg Abbott is your role model you become a dictator.
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:54 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So right to peaceful assembly is contingent on how much you agree with them?

I guess when Greg Abbott is your role model you become a dictator.

I didn't say that.

Protest, all you want. Hell, I'm not even opposed to violent protest..

I thought it was pretty cool when the burned police buildings in Minneapolis last summer. Violent protesters attacked then source if their problems. Bad government.

You need to revist that false dilemma thread again. Perhaps my positions are.too nuanced for you?
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs