Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Re: Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:06 pm

OTV stands corrected. A tent over a testing site in NY was attacked.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Maddog wrote:OTV stands corrected. A tent over a testing site in NY was attacked.

You can't be wrong - that would be like saying the one testing site was merely an indication that anti-vaxxers are prepared to use violence and intimidation and have done so consistently.

It's a lie by Jim Acosta and the One True Voice cannot be questioned simply because facts disagree.

Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:49 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Maddog wrote:OTV stands corrected. A tent over a testing site in NY was attacked.

You can't be wrong - that would be like saying the one testing site was merely an indication that anti-vaxxers are prepared to use violence and intimidation and have done so consistently.

It's a lie by Jim Acosta and the One True Voice cannot be questioned simply because facts disagree.

Part of being the OTV is to have the humility to understand that random events like tents being molested in far away cites, sometimes is missed by my wide ranging knowledge of events.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:49 pm

You're not the entire One True Voice Maddog - although you are it's most infallible element.

What you say didn't happen didn't happen. It's fake news - Do you think it's all done with crisis actors or was it a deep fake manufactured by George Soros
Cactus Jack

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:You're not the entire One True Voice Maddog - although you are it's most infallible element.

What you say didn't happen didn't happen. It's fake news - Do you think it's all done with crisis actors or was it a deep fake manufactured by George Soros

It's getting old, tedious and immature.

But this aint my circus, nor my monkeys.
Maddog

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:33 pm

Maddog wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You're not the entire One True Voice Maddog - although you are it's most infallible element.

It's getting old, tedious and immature.

But this aint my circus, nor my monkeys.

All things are yours.

All Praise To The One True Voice.
Cactus Jack

Postby drum » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 am

There's a big hoo haa brewing over the Johnsons and their Christmas last year, while the whole of UK was on a lockdown and people barred from other peoples homes, Carrie and Boris had their pals over.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... n=sharebar
drum

Postby Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:17 pm

drum wrote:There's a big hoo haa brewing over the Johnsons and their Christmas last year, while the whole of UK was on a lockdown and people barred from other peoples homes, Carrie and Boris had their pals over.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... n=sharebar

And we're surprised because...

The rules are for us plebs not the Brexit supporting elite.
Cactus Jack

Postby Stooo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:29 pm

Maddog wrote:
drum wrote:I'm still wearing masks, all lurgies can just do one.
I've got my flu jag on Thursday I think, need to check i've got the right date.
How are you after your double dose Rags?

I have one in my truck. It was on my face one time in 6 months.

Life is normal here, except maybe 5% of the public is wearing masks where they don't have to.

Planes, busses and hospitals still require them..

I wear mine all the time at work, I don't get the shits or any other crap thanks to social distancing so where's the problem? Wear a mask and don't get sick :dunno:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:44 am

Stooo wrote:
Maddog wrote:
drum wrote:I'm still wearing masks, all lurgies can just do one.
I've got my flu jag on Thursday I think, need to check i've got the right date.
How are you after your double dose Rags?

I have one in my truck. It was on my face one time in 6 months.

Life is normal here, except maybe 5% of the public is wearing masks where they don't have to.

Planes, busses and hospitals still require them..

I wear mine all the time at work, I don't get the shits or any other crap thanks to social distancing so where's the problem? Wear a mask and don't get sick :dunno:

Wear one the rest of your life. Cant hurt. I know a woman who has been wearing one for years. She's a little off but her mask doesn't bother me a bit.

But I'm not messing with them anymore.
Maddog

Postby drum » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:59 am

I will be the weird old lady in her mask then, I wont be giving them up, I moaned very loud about them at the very start. Since all this began I've not had as much as a sniffle and have enjoyed that, I used to get at least 2 serious chest/flu infections a year, been free of that for 2 years now. I hope that continues. I don't associate myself with too many people but my kids and their kids do through work and schools, if i'm catching anything it will come via them, because I do spend so much time with the children i also hope I have some of their immunities too. When they start sniffling the mask goes on around them. Granny don't business, I don't care who you are :mrgreen:
drum

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:41 am

You may have noticed that media coverage has changed from "people are meeting in huge crowds isn't it great" to "this person who thought s/he didn't need a vaccine regrets their choice" you may be wondering why.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ing-winter

Very quitely and with almost no fanfare covid rates have been rising steadily from around the low 30,000s per day now reaching 50,000, and they've jumped startlingly in the past week. There were only 16 days over the course of the pandemic when infection rates were higher. Anecdotal evidence is suggesting the booster program isn't going as quickly as originally hoped, understandable with the transport shortages.

So Drum you're very wise to remain cautious.
Cactus Jack

Postby drum » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:21 am

Cactus Jack wrote:You may have noticed that media coverage has changed from "people are meeting in huge crowds isn't it great" to "this person who thought s/he didn't need a vaccine regrets their choice" you may be wondering why.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... ing-winter

Very quitely and with almost no fanfare covid rates have been rising steadily from around the low 30,000s per day now reaching 50,000, and they've jumped startlingly in the past week. There were only 16 days over the course of the pandemic when infection rates were higher. Anecdotal evidence is suggesting the booster program isn't going as quickly as originally hoped, understandable with the transport shortages.

So Drum you're very wise to remain cautious.

I really don't trust those who are meant to lead us so will go my own way.
drum

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:33 pm

drum wrote:I will be the weird old lady in her mask then, I wont be giving them up, I moaned very loud about them at the very start. Since all this began I've not had as much as a sniffle and have enjoyed that, I used to get at least 2 serious chest/flu infections a year, been free of that for 2 years now. I hope that continues. I don't associate myself with too many people but my kids and their kids do through work and schools, if i'm catching anything it will come via them, because I do spend so much time with the children i also hope I have some of their immunities too. When they start sniffling the mask goes on around them. Granny don't business, I don't care who you are :mrgreen:

It's not uncommon in a lot of Asian countries..

In fact, I was in a brewery Saturday night. There were probably 150 non masked folks in there and two Asian dudes walked in wearing masks.

It's really becoming pronounced here in terms of masks and race. It's Black folks and Asians that wear masks. Very few gringos.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:42 pm

This isn't Beetlejuice, it's the Mayor of Chicago..
Attachments
FB_IMG_1634657978045.jpg
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs