Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Re: Coronavirus Thread Part 3

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:33 am

drum wrote:Scot Gov having a vote on Vaccine Passports next week.

My friends daughter tested positive yesterday, she's only 19, works in a care home :shake head: she's really ill with it just now. Daughters friend, her partner and their baby all positive too. all just streets away.. :bawlin:

I'm sorry to hear that, it's terrible, but especially when a baby is involved. Have all of them been vaccinated?
We have over 30 people in hospital, some on ventilators, all have been vaccinated. What on earth is going on?

BTW, I have given in to the pressure of my family and friends and will get my first shot next Wednesday :???:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:38 am

Holly wrote:

My friends daughter tested positive yesterday, she's only 19, works in a care home :shake head: she's really ill with it just now. Daughters friend, her partner and their baby all positive too. all just streets away.. :bawlin:

I'm sorry to hear that, it's terrible, but especially when a baby is involved. Have all of them been vaccinated?
We have over 30 people in hospital, some on ventilators, all have been vaccinated. What on earth is going on?

BTW, I have given in to the pressure of my family and friends and will get my first shot next Wednesday :???:

looks like things might be improving (fingers crossed)

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-09-02/
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:49 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
Holly wrote:

looks like things might be improving (fingers crossed)

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-paci ... 021-09-02/

Yes fingers crossed, however, we can't keep getting into lockdown every time cases show up. We might get rid of covid for a while again, but the borders will eventually have to open up. Sad reality :cry:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby drum » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:02 am

Holly wrote:

Well done Holly, I promise you there is nothing in those vaccines that will harm you, please don't listen to that nonsense. We know they don't cure it but we also know it does relieve suffering if you catch this thing. x

The 19 yr old hasn't been vaccinated, the babys mum has but her partner and obviously the baby haven't. My lot are all double jabbed now. Boosters are becoming available for the seriously weaker immune systems like transplant patients, cancer patients, other life threatening conditions etc. Someone like me wont see a booster this year, maybe next.
drum

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:11 am

drum wrote:
Holly wrote:

Well done Holly, I promise you there is nothing in those vaccines that will harm you, please don't listen to that nonsense. We know they don't cure it but we also know it does relieve suffering if you catch this thing. x

The 19 yr old hasn't been vaccinated, the babys mum has but her partner and obviously the baby haven't. My lot are all double jabbed now. Boosters are becoming available for the seriously weaker immune systems like transplant patients, cancer patients, other life threatening conditions etc. Someone like me wont see a booster this year, maybe next.

I hope your daughters friends get thru it without too much suffering.
...and I hope you are right regarding the vaccine, I'm actually more worried about the side effects since I do have an autoimmune disorder, but I'm sure I'll survive :doomed:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby drum » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:16 am

Holly wrote:
drum wrote:
Holly wrote:

...and I hope you are right regarding the vaccine, I'm actually more worried about the side effects since I do have an autoimmune disorder, but I'm sure I'll survive :doomed:

Majority of people are fine with the vaccines, some people do get fluish type symptoms for a day or two , lots of water and regular paracetamol will deal with that. Just have an easy day when you get your jab. I was paranoid as hell the first one, wasn't having it right up until that needle went in , I had a sore arm for a day or two, 2nd one nothing at all. I think it's a mind set too , I was more positive with the 2nd one.
drum

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:16 am

Holly wrote:
drum wrote:
Holly wrote:

I have an autoimmune thing too, for which I take immune suppressants, and I've had both jabs. I don't know if it would make a difference if I didn't take meds. I had bad side effects after the first one, which went after a day or so, and nothing after the second one.

I'm not going to tell you to get the jab though - it has to be an individual decision.
Raggamuffin

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:16 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Holly wrote:
drum wrote:
Holly wrote:

I have an autoimmune thing too, for which I take immune suppressants, and I've had both jabs. I don't know if it would make a difference if I didn't take meds. I had bad side effects after the first one, which went after a day or so, and nothing after the second one.

I'm not going to tell you to get the jab though - it has to be an individual decision.

I will get it, but to tell you the truth, I get it under pressure. If you're not vaxxed today, you're basically a lepra, and I cba with that.
My OHs sister told me that if I don't get vaxxed, I can't come to her house. ( Not that keen on it anyway) but we had a bit of a discussion about it. I asked her what she is worried about if she is fully vaxxed. She said because I could spread it...so I said, but even vaccinated people can spread it, she had no answer to that. Anyway, doesn't matter, I will get it, and that's that.

ETA, my OH already had it due to work, and tbh, he felt OK, he just felt a bit off for a couple of hours.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:19 am

drum wrote:
Holly wrote:
drum wrote:
Holly wrote:

Majority of people are fine with the vaccines, some people do get fluish type symptoms for a day or two , lots of water and regular paracetamol will deal with that. Just have an easy day when you get your jab. I was paranoid as hell the first one, wasn't having it right up until that needle went in , I had a sore arm for a day or two, 2nd one nothing at all. I think it's a mind set too , I was more positive with the 2nd one.

I'll let you know on Wednesday how I feel.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:45 am

Holly wrote:
I will get it, but to tell you the truth, I get it under pressure. If you're not vaxxed today, you're basically a lepra, and I cba with that.
My OHs sister told me that if I don't get vaxxed, I can't come to her house. ( Not that keen on it anyway) but we had a bit of a discussion about it. I asked her what she is worried about if she is fully vaxxed. She said because I could spread it...so I said, but even vaccinated people can spread it, she had no answer to that. Anyway, doesn't matter, I will get it, and that's that.

ETA, my OH already had it due to work, and tbh, he felt OK, he just felt a bit off for a couple of hours.

The side effects I had weren't very nice at all, but paracetamol did help (Not that I'm advising anyone to take paracetamol). I just think - don't plan anything too much for a day or two just in case you have side effects.

I know there are other concerns about the vaccine, which is why I wouldn't tell anyone to get it, but it's best to do your own research on that.
Raggamuffin

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:16 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Holly wrote:

The side effects I had weren't very nice at all, but paracetamol did help (Not that I'm advising anyone to take paracetamol). I just think - don't plan anything too much for a day or two just in case you have side effects.

I know there are other concerns about the vaccine, which is why I wouldn't tell anyone to get it, but it's best to do your own research on that.

:thumbsup: I'll plan a couch day. Maybe I'll get surprised and feel totally OK, I'm hoping. I'm such a wimp when it comes to something I'm not sure about...but I suppose there isn't really a choice in the long run.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:17 am

I got a painful arm for a couple of hours, like a sting

and after a few hours i felt nauseous, i knew i wasn't going to be sick though, that lasted maybe 36 hours or so

that was only with the first one, the 2nd jab, nothing at all

ETA my daughter had the pfizer the other day, and not a single side effect
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:33 am

HobbitFeet wrote:I got a painful arm for a couple of hours, like a sting

and after a few hours i felt nauseous, i knew i wasn't going to be sick though, that lasted maybe 36 hours or so

:cry:

Maybe young people are more resilient...but anyway, I will go now like a lamb to the slaughter :gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:41 am

Holly wrote:

Maybe young people are more resilient...but anyway, I will go now like a lamb to the slaughter :gigglesnshit:

I think it depends on how your immune system reacts to the vaccine. It attacks it as a foreign pathogen, which can cause all the usual symptoms of an infection, which is absolutely normal. It's your immune system trying to get rid of the pathogen.
Raggamuffin

Postby Holly » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:00 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Holly wrote:

I think it depends on how your immune system reacts to the vaccine. It attacks it as a foreign pathogen, which can cause all the usual symptoms of an infection, which is absolutely normal. It's your immune system trying to get rid of the pathogen.

I get it, but still :scared:
Holly
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs