Momentum lose control of Momentum

Re: Momentum lose control of Momentum

Postby Cannydc » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:40 pm

Text wrote;

Would've been a great play on words if the title had simply been ''Momentum Lose Momentum'', with it being a Physics term. :pointlaugh:

Hey Cannydc, I'm glad Momentum has gone! I don't know much about them but they sounded quite poisonous tbh.
Plus they were one of the 3 powerful weapons used literally NONSTOP against Labour during the entire election campaign. Worked a treat cos the tory machinery knows exactly what buttons to press to scare the beejeezus out of people, thru exaggerations & fake news!

The 3 weapons were :
1. Antisemitism accusations
2. Corbyn+Abbot (maligned nonstop)
3. Momentum

Now all 3 weapons are gone, thanks to Kier Starmer > Things are looking up! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go as far as to call them poisonous, but they represented a tiny minority wing of the Labour party with highly left-wing policies often adopted by the young and naive, in other words those who joined when Corbyn became leader. They failed to recognise that their radicalism would be played on by biased media (hence 'loony left) and cost Labour the last but one election. They then complained, unbelievably, that Labour wasn't radical enough... Starmer's victory has put a stop to that.

Sadly Corbyn and Abbot, while highly principled themselves, were never the kind of figurehead leaders Labour needed, and Corbyn's refusal to get off the Brexit fence cost us dear. The anti-Semitism nonsense was, as far as I can tell, all blown up by people who conflate the distaste at the disgraceful actions of the Israeli state against Palestinians with hatred of Jews. It was seized on mercilessly by pro-Tory Jewish groups who hated the idea of a British government standing against Israel. They still do.

I would love to see the horrendous and admitted Islamophobia within the Tory party to be forensically investigated - but the poachers are also the gamekeepers so they will bluster on as normal, avoiding any responsibility while screaming "anti-Semitism" at Labour. Fortunately, like Corbyn, Abbott, Momentum and Brexit, anti-Semitism will be near or at the bottom of peoples worry lists come the next election. Millions of unemployed, and former owners of broken businesses will be eager to vote.
Cannydc

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:21 pm

MungoBrush wrote:
Text wrote:Would've been so funny if the title had simply been ''Momentum Lose Momentum'', with it being a Physics term. :pointlaugh:

Hey Cannydc, I'm glad Momentum has gone! I don't know much about them but they sounded quite poisonous tbh.
Plus they were one of the 3 powerful weapons used literally NONSTOP against Labour during the entire election campaign. Worked a treat cos the tory machinery knows exactly what buttons to press, to scare the beejeezus out of people, thru exaggerations & fake news!

The 3 weapons were :
2. Corbyn + Abbot (maligned nonstop)
3. Momentum

Now all 3 are gone weapons, thanks to Kier Starmer > Things are looking up! :thumbsup:

Errr Labour's anti-semitism problem is about to blow up big time.
Let's wait for the ECHR report before jumping to conclusions shall we?

It's about time your Tory party did the decent thing and invited an ECHR report on it's institutionalised Islamophobia Baroness Warsi has spent years campaigning for, all to no avail as now you have a racist, Islamaphobic, homophobe PM at the helm who doesn't want an inquiry into himself.
Grafenwalder

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:24 pm

Cannydc wrote:I would love to see the horrendous and admitted Islamophobia within the Tory party to be forensically investigated...

I think once more and more such people recognise the advantages of Sharia law (Islamic Law) that Islamophobia will fade away as more and more people turn to Islam. That is why it is important to teach it in our Schools as part of diversity training and culture.

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:28 pm

Cannydc wrote:Text wrote;

Would've been a great play on words if the title had simply been ''Momentum Lose Momentum'', with it being a Physics term. :pointlaugh:

Plus they were one of the 3 powerful weapons used literally NONSTOP against Labour during the entire election campaign. Worked a treat cos the tory machinery knows exactly what buttons to press to scare the beejeezus out of people, thru exaggerations & fake news!

The 3 weapons were :
2. Corbyn+Abbot (maligned nonstop)
3. Momentum

Now all 3 weapons are gone, thanks to Kier Starmer > Things are looking up! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't go as far as to call them poisonous, but they represented a tiny minority wing of the Labour party with highly left-wing policies often adopted by the young and naive, in other words those who joined when Corbyn became leader. They failed to recognise that their radicalism would be played on by biased media (hence 'loony left) and cost Labour the last but one election. They then complained, unbelievably, that Labour wasn't radical enough... Starmer's victory has put a stop to that.

Sadly Corbyn and Abbot, while highly principled themselves, were never the kind of figurehead leaders Labour needed, and Corbyn's refusal to get off the Brexit fence cost us dear. The anti-Semitism nonsense was, as far as I can tell, all blown up by people who conflate the distaste at the disgraceful actions of the Israeli state against Palestinians with hatred of Jews. It was seized on mercilessly by pro-Tory Jewish groups who hated the idea of a British government standing against Israel. They still do.

I would love to see the horrendous and admitted Islamophobia within the Tory party to be forensically investigated - but the poachers are also the gamekeepers so they will bluster on as normal, avoiding any responsibility while screaming "anti-Semitism" at Labour. Fortunately, like Corbyn, Abbott, Momentum and Brexit, anti-Semitism will be near or at the bottom of peoples worry lists come the next election. Millions of unemployed, and former owners of broken businesses will be eager to vote.

So would i but with Johnson as PM there's no chance of that now. As for the 'antisemitism' it was a highly successful media led smear campaign to stop Corbyn getting into Downing street. They succeeded - and promptly disappeared into oblivion with hardly a pipsqueak about antisemitism since being uttered.
Grafenwalder

Postby ArchieG » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I would love to see the horrendous and admitted Islamophobia within the Tory party to be forensically investigated...

I think once more and more such people recognise the advantages of Sharia law (Islamic Law) that Islamophobia will fade away as more and more people turn to Islam. That is why it is important to teach it in our Schools as part of diversity training and culture.

I presume this is just a feeble attempt at provocation, as there's zero chance of Sharia getting any traction in UK. The Sun would have a field day convincing people that we'd all be getting our hands chopped off. I'm glad though, as even the reality of Sharia is quite bad enough.
ArchieG

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:04 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:It looks like the soft left of Labour had a successful coup of hard left Labour last night and won all 9 places on Momentum's board.

Starmer couldn't have wished for a better outcome. Makes me wonder if he planted people on there for this reason.

What is all this soft left and hard left stuff and how does this relate to the far left that I hear others talking about and what does all this sheet mean? Where do the Blairites fit in all of this - the far right? Blair was often accused of being a soft Tory.

We need to get a grip of this term, the far right. The far right is Hitler, Mussolini, BNP, even Marine Le Pen isn't as far right as her dad. The tories aren't far right, even Trump and Bolsanaro aren't far right. The idea that Blair was hard right is where it all went wrong. It's not the Labour hard left we have to watch out for, it's the mad left. Anyone who thinks even Johnson is far right has lost the plot. He'd be a one nation Tory if Rees-Mogg etc would let him. Still a lying bastard, but there's plenty of those on both sides of the house.

It's extremism on both sides that needs to be watched, birds of a feather. When you have people like Claire Fox a former member of the Revolutionary Communist party running as a Brexit Party Plc candidate it sorta confirms it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:22 pm

ArchieG wrote:
Guest wrote:

I presume this is just a feeble attempt at provocation, as there's zero chance of Sharia getting any traction in UK. The Sun would have a field day convincing people that we'd all be getting our hands chopped off. I'm glad though, as even the reality of Sharia is quite bad enough.

A moderate / modern form of Sharia Law is acceptable. In Muslim communities in Europe and the UK parts of Sharia law can be followed as long as it doesn't interfere with the national laws. When people see that Sharia Law (in moderate form) does have advantages then the fear of it should diminish. There are examples of far-right nationalists becoming Muslim because in their personal lives they see that it has advantages.

Postby Text » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:47 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Text wrote:Would've been so funny if the title had simply been ''Momentum Lose Momentum'', with it being a Physics term. :pointlaugh:

Plus they were one of the 3 powerful weapons used literally NONSTOP against Labour during the entire election campaign. Worked a treat cos the tory machinery knows exactly what buttons to press, to scare the beejeezus out of people, thru exaggerations & fake news!

The 3 weapons were :
3. Momentum

Now all 3 are gone weapons, thanks to Kier Starmer > Things are looking up! :thumbsup:

It's about time your Tory party did the decent thing and invited an ECHR report on it's institutionalised Islamophobia Baroness Warsi has spent years campaigning for, all to no avail as now you have a racist, Islamaphobic, homophobe PM at the helm who doesn't want an inquiry into himself.

Mungo Brush isn't really malicious. Neither is Red. They're both highly misguided of course. And not averse to spinning the facts to suit their RW arguments.

Calitom however ...... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! :thud: He's indescribable!
Text

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:49 pm

Guest wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Guest wrote:

A moderate / modern form of Sharia Law is acceptable. In Muslim communities in Europe and the UK parts of Sharia law can be followed as long as it doesn't interfere with the national laws. When people see that Sharia Law (in moderate form) does have advantages then the fear of it should diminish. There are examples of far-right nationalists becoming Muslim because in their personal lives they see that it has advantages.

They're tribunals or councils which have no priority over UK laws and never will, eg divorce, they still have to go through the same procedure as anyone else for it to be legally annulled. Jews also have their own 'courts', Beth Din, which have existed in UK for years but nobody makes any noise about that. Surprisingly both Jews and Muslims share many similarities in their council 'laws'.

https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/
Grafenwalder

Postby Grafenwalder » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:50 pm

Text wrote:
Grafenwalder wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

The 3 weapons were :
3. Momentum

Mungo Brush isn't really malicious. Neither is Red. They're both highly misguided of course. And not averse to spinning the facts to suit their RW arguments.

Calitom however ...... eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!! :thud: He's indescribable!

Oh it's always good to see balance! :laughing:
Grafenwalder

Postby ArchieG » Thu Jul 02, 2020 5:54 pm

Stooo wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:It looks like the soft left of Labour had a successful coup of hard left Labour last night and won all 9 places on Momentum's board.

Starmer couldn't have wished for a better outcome. Makes me wonder if he planted people on there for this reason.

What is all this soft left and hard left stuff and how does this relate to the far left that I hear others talking about and what does all this sheet mean? Where do the Blairites fit in all of this - the far right? Blair was often accused of being a soft Tory.

We need to get a grip of this term, the far right. The far right is Hitler, Mussolini, BNP, even Marine Le Pen isn't as far right as her dad. The tories aren't far right, even Trump and Bolsanaro aren't far right. The idea that Blair was hard right is where it all went wrong. It's not the Labour hard left we have to watch out for, it's the mad left. Anyone who thinks even Johnson is far right has lost the plot. He'd be a one nation Tory if Rees-Mogg etc would let him. Still a lying bastard, but there's plenty of those on both sides of the house.

It's extremism on both sides that needs to be watched, birds of a feather. When you have people like Claire Fox a former member of the Revolutionary Communist party running as a Brexit Party Plc candidate it sorta confirms it.

I was rather hoping that it was universally accepted that the extreme right were to be watched! 75 years later they're still a watchword for evil.
ArchieG

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:20 pm

Grafenwalder wrote:
Guest wrote:
ArchieG wrote:
Guest wrote:

They're tribunals or councils which have no priority over UK laws and never will, eg divorce, they still have to go through the same procedure as anyone else for it to be legally annulled. Jews also have their own 'courts', Beth Din, which have existed in UK for years but nobody makes any noise about that. Surprisingly both Jews and Muslims share many similarities in their council 'laws'.

https://fullfact.org/law/uks-sharia-courts/

Correct!
Sharia "law" is not law in the UK
It's no different to the rules of a golf club.
No court in the UK will uphold any "decision" by any sharia "law court"

Here, in the UK, there is only one rule of law
And it applies to all - whatever religion you associate with
MungoBrush

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:59 pm

MungoBrush wrote:Correct!

So why are you so scared of it?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:26 pm

Stooo wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:Correct!

So why are you so scared of it?

Do these bother you?
Attachments
article-2020382-0D310E3000000578-902_308x185.jpg
MungoBrush

Postby MungoBrush » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:27 pm

Stooo wrote:So why are you so scared of it?

Or, this perhaps?
Attachments
pro-sharia-law-demonstration-outside-downing-street-london-uk-20-june-BMW44M.jpg
MungoBrush

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs