MAJOR incident in Glasgow

Re: MAJOR incident in Glasgow

Postby HobbitFeet » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:49 am

MungoBrush wrote:

It's the same process throughout the EU

You got a problem with that?

well as we are no longer members of the EU perhaps the government can show how caring they are by looking at setting in motion policies replacing these inhumane rules with something a little kinder

fucksake, since when has food been the only basic need, things like sanitary products are totally basic if we are to live in a humane society
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:51 am

As for the complete bullshit being posted by Bungle - I really can't be arsed. No Tory has an ounce of empathy in their body. No soul. No heart. They can't be reasoned with and would never understand the humiliation a woman asylum seeker must feel when not having the few pounds she needs to buy sanitary products, or to give an apple or an orange to her kids.

£5.30 a fucking day.

£37.10 a week.

Just too much, isn't it?

Fuck this country. In 10 short years it has completely lost all sense of reason and perspective.

Instead, we can spend £100bn on a rail track from London to Birmingham. Enough to buy a house for every homeless soul, to pay £37.10 a week to asylum seekers, to shut food banks and pay proper benefits and on time. To invest in mental health, to restore local services, to pay for roads to be fixed and kids to have smaller classes and teaching assistants (they will be desperately needed now).

We have lost our way. We elected fools, and are amazed that they are incapable. We have a clown as a leader, and really can't believe he still acts like a clown.

Fuck Mears. Fuck the Tories. And fuck their idiot supporters. They can fuck off until they reach Fucksville, in Fuck County, and then they can just fuck off some more.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:59 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:

It's the same process throughout the EU

You got a problem with that?

well as we are no longer members of the EU perhaps the government can show how caring they are by looking at setting in motion policies replacing these inhumane rules with something a little kinder

fucksake, since when has food been the only basic need, things like sanitary products are totally basic if we are to live in a humane society

Only for women ....
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:01 am

Cannydc wrote:As for the complete bullshit being posted by Bungle - I really can't be arsed. No Tory has an ounce of empathy in their body. No soul. No heart. They can't be reasoned with and would never understand the humiliation a woman asylum seeker must feel when not having the few pounds she needs to buy sanitary products, or to give an apple or an orange to her kids.

£5.30 a fucking day.

£37.10 a week.

Just too much, isn't it?

Fuck this country. In 10 short years it has completely lost all sense of reason and perspective.

Instead, we can spend £100bn on a rail track from London to Birmingham. Enough to buy a house for every homeless soul, to pay £37.10 a week to asylum seekers, to shut food banks and pay proper benefits and on time. To invest in mental health, to restore local services, to pay for roads to be fixed and kids to have smaller classes and teaching assistants (they will be desperately needed now).

We have lost our way. We elected fools, and are amazed that they are incapable. We have a clown as a leader, and really can't believe he still acts like a clown.

Fuck Mears. Fuck the Tories. And fuck their idiot supporters. They can fuck off until they reach Fucksville, in Fuck County, and then they can just fuck off some more.

I agree about spending stupid amounts of money on a rail track which isn't really needed IMO.
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:03 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:As for the complete bullshit being posted by Bungle - I really can't be arsed. No Tory has an ounce of empathy in their body. No soul. No heart. They can't be reasoned with and would never understand the humiliation a woman asylum seeker must feel when not having the few pounds she needs to buy sanitary products, or to give an apple or an orange to her kids.

£5.30 a fucking day.

£37.10 a week.

Just too much, isn't it?

I agree about spending stupid amounts of money on a rail track which isn't really needed IMO.

Thankyou. A sensible reply to what was probably a slightly deranged rant.
Cannydc

Postby drum » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:53 am

from Police Scotland
Three other people who were injured were asylum seekers staying at the Park Inn Hotel, where the incident took place, and the other two people who were injured were hotel staff.

and of course the police officer who was also stabbed.
Police Constable David Whyte, who was injured in the incident in West George Street, #Glasgow, on Friday 26 June, is now in a stable condition in the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital.

All of them remain in hospital. One is critical but stable, and two are stable, at Glasgow Royal Infirmary. Two others are in stable conditions at the #QEUH.
drum

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:47 pm

Here's hoping that they all recover well.

I'm also glad to hear that initial reports of 3 dead were wildly inaccurate - probably would have been better if people had waited for real facts to emerge.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:45 pm

£5.30 a fucking day.

£37.10 a week.

Just too much, isn't it?

It's your money that the government is giving to these people to support them dickhead
If you don't think it's enough - then I suggest that you make a regular donation to the refugee council charity.
Stop your bloody whining and moaning and put your money where your mouth is.

We work directly with thousands of refugees each year.
We support them from the moment they arrive in the UK.
We provide crisis advice and practical support,

https://www.refugeecouncil.org.uk/about-us/
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:55 pm

It's your money that the government is giving to these people to support them dickhead
If you don't think it's enough - then I suggest that you make a regular donation to the refugee council charity.

Mind blowing Tory empathy at its very finest.

Thankyou for making my point, underlining it and enlarging it.
Cannydc

Postby MungoBrush » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:47 am

Cannydc wrote:

So, as usual
Whingeing and moaning - it's all the government's fault
You don't really care about these people at all do you
It's all just faux outrage
If you really did care you'd make donations to help them.
MungoBrush

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:12 am

MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

So, as usual

This is great stuff. Well worth bookmarking this page.

It's right up there with "If you hate this country so much, why don't you just fuck off"...

So typically Tory. So typically Bungle.
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:14 am

Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

So, as usual

It's right up there with "If you hate this country so much, why don't you just fuck off"...

Do you not believe in giving money to charity Canny?
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:15 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
MungoBrush wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

So, as usual

Do you not believe in giving money to charity Canny?

I think that's entirely my business, don't you?
Cannydc

Postby Raggamuffin » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:26 am

Cannydc wrote:
I think that's entirely my business, don't you?

I didn't ask you for a breakdown of how much you give to charity, or how many charities you tell to go away, but hey ... :dunno:
Raggamuffin

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:28 am

However, there is one thing I always do when shopping.

A while back I read a couple of stories along the same lines about foodbanks and what should and shouldn't be put in them with added comments, There were those who intimated that basics of food are what is required, but a couple of people's comments (they deliver / hand out parcels) caught the eye. One told of the unbridled joy of 2 children finding Easter eggs for both of them, another of being told how to be able to sit down and share a packet of chocolate biscuits over a cuppa gave them half an hour of respite from the constant worry of having nothing.

Thus, I always drop a few treats in the collection box at the supermarket, and hope they bring a little joy.

Now I think of young people escaping from horrors we cannot imagine, getting to the UK with nothing, and being treated the way they are. And I wonder what kind of kindless, joyless arse of a politician can make the kind of decision that takes away not only whatever small comforts they can muster, but also leave them to the ministrations of a company like Mears.

And in my heart I know what kind of politician that is.
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs