TACTICAL VOTING TIME

Re: TACTICAL VOTING TIME

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Tactical voting could swing a victory for pro-remain parties in the December election, new research suggests.

Boris Johnson would fail to get a majority if one in three pro-remain voters in England and Wales switched their vote, the campaign group Best for Britain said.

In this scenario, the Conservatives would win 309 seats, Labour 233, the Liberal Democrats 34, Plaid Cymru four and the Greens one.

When the Scottish National party, Democratic Unionist party and the Commons Speaker are factored in, this would give pro-remain parties a majority of four.

Best for Britain has launched GetVoting.org to give tactical voting advice based on postcode.

That's http://www.getvoting.org

Stop Brexit in it's tracks.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... tion-study

anyone get the irony? a democratic campaign with the aim of undermining a democratic decision.

Opposition to a policy as mad and costly to the country as Brexit isn't undemocratic. It's vital.

Free broadband? :gigglesnshit:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:42 pm

500 broadband networks in the US are already publicly owned. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:50 pm

McAz wrote:500 broadband networks in the US are already publicly owned. :gigglesnshit:

Hey! Please know I am ALL for it! Fuck paying for something if we are being offered it FREE :smilin:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:52 pm

LordRaven wrote:
McAz wrote:500 broadband networks in the US are already publicly owned. :gigglesnshit:

Hey! Please know I am ALL for it! Fuck paying for something if we are being offered it FREE :smilin:

MPs already get it - including "crazy communist" Boris Johnson. :gigglesnshit:
McAz

Postby MungoBrush » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:58 am

Yet more bollox from you
They are not publicly owned in the way Corbyn is proposing
They are owned and run by local communities in partnership with private enterprise
And they are not free
MungoBrush

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:29 am

MungoBrush wrote:

Yet more bollox from you
They are not publicly owned in the way Corbyn is proposing
They are owned and run by local communities in partnership with private enterprise
And they are not free

The UK is a local community - why do you applaud American public ownership but deny it to the people of the UK?
McAz

Postby LordRaven » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:52 pm

I find all this speculation annoying.
Corbyn is far too big an extreme risk to the UK.
The Tories are a bunch of uncaring cunts.
Give the LibDems a go. :smilin:

General election: Business lobby warns Conservatives and Labour over ‘extreme ideology’ — latest news
Leaders are addressing the CBI annual conference today, after its director-general warned over ‘extreme ideologies’ in politics. Elsewhere, the pound has been boosted by strong Tory polling

UK general election poll tracker
Labour to push on with ‘shares for workers’ scheme
Scottish nationalists set to squeeze Tories at election

https://www.ft.com/content/e4c10fb2-ebd ... 1113d5d5b8
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:54 pm

LordRaven wrote:I find all this speculation annoying.

General election: Business lobby warns Conservatives and Labour over ‘extreme ideology’ — latest news
Leaders are addressing the CBI annual conference today, after its director-general warned over ‘extreme ideologies’ in politics. Elsewhere, the pound has been boosted by strong Tory polling

Swinson has just about put pay to that. The LibDems should have been more circumspect in their choosing.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:36 pm

McAz wrote:

Swinson has just about put pay to that. The LibDems should have been more circumspect in their choosing.

I voted for Ed... :NAA:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:48 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:

I voted for Ed... :NAA:

I know - forum members in Cumbria still consider you a friend. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:25 pm

McAz wrote:I know - forum members in Cumbria still consider you a friend. :smilin:

Ha! Bella voted against Tim!

Bloody women... :monkey:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:I know - forum members in Cumbria still consider you a friend. :smilin:

:laughing:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:53 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Jo was in the running before Sir Vince took over due to the imminent birth of her child, legend that he is. There was at the time (2016/17) a definite bias towards women candidates, it was policy IIRC but you have to remember that she got a huge majority in the leadership election.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:05 pm

Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Jo was in the running before Sir Vince took over due to the imminent birth of her child, legend that he is. There was at the time (2016/17) a definite bias towards women candidates, it was policy IIRC but you have to remember that she got a huge majority in the leadership election.

I have no problem with female politicians. I do have a problem with politicians who cannot rise above their party's interests and their career when we ordinary mortals desperately need them to.

Once again the centre-left is split allowing the nasties to prevail for even more years. I don't blame Swinson exclusively, but it would have been so good to have seen transcendent leadership. An opportunity lost I think.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:13 pm

McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
McAz wrote:
Stooo wrote:

I have no problem with female politicians. I do have a problem with politicians who cannot rise above their party's interests and their career when we ordinary mortals desperately need them to.

Once again the centre-left is split allowing the nasties to prevail for even more years. I don't blame Swinson exclusively, but it would have been so good to have seen transcendent leadership. An opportunity lost I think.

You live and learn, thankfully there have been males on the ballot for many PPCs who reflect experience rather than optics. There has also been some awesome female superstars such as Layla Moran out and kicking arse, it has to be ability and passion more than different body parts.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs