PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Re: PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:22 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:I don't quite follow why Remainers are shitting themselves about 'delayed' deliveries? Surely the new delayed times will quickly become the new normal times? If something used to take 3 days to get here, but will now take 4, just put the order in a day early. :dunno:

If Tuesday's delivery is now arriving on Wednesday, doesn't that mean we get Monday's delivery on Tuesday instead? And it won't be long before that is seen as Tuesday's delivery, rather than Monday's delivery arriving late. If we' re ordering the same amount of stuff, how are we going to have shortages due to 'delays'?

As mentioned further up, perishable goods will get priority anyway. I don't think we're going have lorries full of rotting produce, and empty supermarket shelves, like some of you seem to think we are.

Radioactive isotopes needed for radiotherapy have a useful life of a few hours, they're in the queue.

They're not going to be sent by boat then, are they.

In fact, do we actually import them and if we do, how is it done now? :dunno:

And in any event we'll have Trump's trade deal instead of the TTIP. :pmsl:

We should have fuck all to do with the US.

In fact, we should impose sanctions on them. :thumbsup:

Tell Boris that...

...Oct 31, out of the frying pan and into the fire. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:34 pm

Stooo wrote:Um, yeah.

Six months to train Border Control people let alone new HMR&C staff, where the fuck are they going to get people for degree level positions?

Where is the money coming from?

So you think we're going to have food & medicine shortages, and rioting, - but we can't address it because you don't know where any new staff or funding will come from to create extra checkpoints?

I hope to fuck I never end up on your team on one of those problem solving courses.
Red Okktober

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:We should have fuck all to do with the US.

Tell Boris that...

The next PM can simply end it citing it to be a crap deal. It's the American way so they'll be fine with it.
Fletch

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:53 pm

Fletch wrote:
McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:We should have fuck all to do with the US.

Tell Boris that...

The next PM can simply end it citing it to be a crap deal. It's the American way so they'll be fine with it.

And who might that be - certainly won't be Corbyn?
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:13 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Six months to train Border Control people let alone new HMR&C staff, where the fuck are they going to get people for degree level positions?

So you think we're going to have food & medicine shortages, and rioting, - but we can't address it because you don't know where any new staff or funding will come from to create extra checkpoints?

I hope to fuck I never end up on your team on one of those problem solving courses.

Do you actually believe that the £3,000,000,000+ that the government is chucking at all sorts of 'no-deal Brexit' remedies was expected 3 years ago, never mind ever being mentioned as remotely possible by the Leave leadership ?

Do you actually trust that they are spending this money wisely ? And if so, may I refer you to the huge sums already wasted by hiring ferries from a company that had no ferries ?

Do you really believe that we will have the literally thousands of trained staff in place to deal with the new customs requirements ? And I mean properly trained, not G4S monkeys filling in.

Yes, there will be shortages. Yes, there will be protests. And yes, there will be a general election at which the owners of this collective madness will pay.
Cannydc

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:21 pm

So Boris isn't going to put the army on standby because there's no reason to?
The French will build extra wide motorways approaching the English channel with lanes for tomatoes and lettuce?
If as predicted by this government we do need troops .... if as predicted by this government there will be twenty five mile tailbacks the food and medicine trucks will be painted a bright tomato red so as to be directed to the tomatoes and insulin only lane to bypass these miles of trucks?
Remainers keep talking about Nazis and wartime conditions .... we survived the war etc.
Why the fuck should the British people be told the military will be on the streets the shelves might be bare for a while fuel will rocket in price while everyone on the continent will still have a peacetime economy while we have a wartime economy .... aren't we doing great.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:15 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote::bored: how thick do You need to be? since when in the course of HUman history has there ever been a time it wasn't prudent to be prepared for a calamity. can You sow fields after the crisis? grow food and provide for Your families? We are kept in state of poverty without the ability to generate our own revenue for a reason. guess what that reason is?

Britain currently produces less than 60% of the food it requires.

When the food lorries, around 5,000 a day coming into Dover, stop flowing freely and start to be checked even the shortest delays will accumulate quickly and food price inflation is inevitable. For some, like those already relying on food banks, that will be a disaster for others it will mean less to spend elsewhere which will have a knock on effect into the rest of the economy and unemployment will rise.

I doubt that is accurate! whose numbers are You quoting?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:17 am

Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote::bored: how thick do You need to be? since when in the course of HUman history has there ever been a time it wasn't prudent to be prepared for a calamity. can You sow fields after the crisis? grow food and provide for Your families? We are kept in state of poverty without the ability to generate our own revenue for a reason. guess what that reason is?

And grow your own petrol ?

Generate enough power for towns and cities ?

And for the millions in flats, and without land ?

Sometimes you just don't think through the big picture, do you ?

if You can't do it Your self, then stop condoning the bombing, sanctions and disintegration of society in other countries for it till You can!

big picture? :off head: a box in the corner of a box in the corner of a bigger box. Yeh sure, you think You can imagine a big picture. if You had done it already You wouldn't be concerned about not being prepared. You would have the ability to sustain Your own and Families needs before they have need. I don't even drive and would consider having a petrol drum or two in my garden or shed. in fact it is a standard protocol, I always pay the cheaper price because I buy early and store it. so when prices do rise I hardly notice the rise in price.

The legal limit for storage of petrol is 30 litres, in a combination of containers.

2 x 10 litre metal cans + 2 X five-litre plastic cans = 30 litres in total. I can easily use that in a single trip.

The rest of your post completely fails to address the millions who don't have gardens (or sheds) because they live in flats, maisonettes etc.

Even here in the countryside we have 5 year waiting lists for allotments. You think they all condone bombing etc?

as I said, lack of preparation! particularly in law!
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:20 am

Guest wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

And grow your own petrol ?

Generate enough power for towns and cities ?

And for the millions in flats, and without land ?

Sometimes you just don't think through the big picture, do you ?

if You can't do it Your self, then stop condoning the bombing, sanctions and disintegration of society in other countries for it till You can!

big picture? :off head: a box in the corner of a box in the corner of a bigger box. Yeh sure, you think You can imagine a big picture. if You had done it already You wouldn't be concerned about not being prepared. You would have the ability to sustain Your own and Families needs before they have need. I don't even drive and would consider having a petrol drum or two in my garden or shed. in fact it is a standard protocol, I always pay the cheaper price because I buy early and store it. so when prices do rise I hardly notice the rise in price.

The legal limit for storage of petrol is 30 litres, in a combination of containers.

2 x 10 litre metal cans + 2 X five-litre plastic cans = 30 litres in total. I can easily use that in a single trip.

The rest of your post completely fails to address the millions who don't have gardens (or sheds) because they live in flats, maisonettes etc.

Even here in the countryside we have 5 year waiting lists for allotments. You think they all condone bombing etc?

But if he's constantly breathing in petrol fumes at least you can understand where his posts are coming from.

not even a hundredth of a percentage in relation to anyone in a traffic jam! that is likely My annual total?
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:24 am

Remoaner and proud to be so wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:I may be overthinking this, but if the EU put an embargo on goods to the UK, would it not affect EU Producers of goods,

How would they get around that problem ?

There is no threat of an embargo either way, and never has been.

The 3 big issues will be tariffs on UK goods entering the EU as we will be a '3rd country', delays to cross-channel shipments due to extra paperwork and checks, and a widening gap of standards which will eventually lead to UK manufacturers being forced to accept EU rules to export there. Currently standards are aligned, of course, but if we drop our production standards in the event of, say, a trade deal with the US the EU won't accept those goods.

So there will not be any worries regarding shortage of products coming to this Country from the EU
Cross Channel shipment delays could work both ways affecting the EU economy .

The shortages mooted would be caused by delays at importing ports, e.g. Dover. These may well be in the order of a week or two. Many imported medicines don't have that kind of shelf life, nor do radio isotopes used for treating cancer. Fresh food is also severely threatened (salad, fruit, veg) as well as fish, flowers and other items that will perish.

The EU economy will be affected, but 50% of our exports go there, where as about 8% of the EU's goods and services exports to EU and non-EU countries went to the UK in 2016. And they share that 8% between 27 countries.

The idea that they need us as much as we need them is laughable, but still put about by some.

There is a movement in Europe that is lobbying the E.U. parliament to stop acting like cunts and give a better deal, because they are crapping it about how their businesses will be affected by a no deal.
Let’s just call the stupid bloody thing off, it’s caused so much damage already and only thick cunts still want it

wow, so much for democracy. what next fascism? that is about the only political system that actually works!
art0hur0moh

Postby art0hur0moh » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 am

nothing new. I conclude with an answer to the question, project fear. ignorance is being to stupid to know what to worry about.
art0hur0moh

Postby McAz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:59 am

Too Stupid?

Nobel Prize-winning physicist Sir Andre Geim says Boris Johnson is taking scientists 'for fools' with his plan to attract world's 'best minds' to UK after Brexit

He and other leading British scientists said leaving the EU would harm Britain’s status as one of the world’s scientific hubs.

He warned a No Deal exit would be even worse for the sector.

He told The Times: ‘The government may try and reduce the barriers to entry for scientists but they cannot reduce turmoil that would be caused to science in the UK by a no-deal Brexit.

‘Scientists are not fools. They know that turmoil is inevitable for many years.’

(Daily Mail via MSN)

Bravo Boris! :Wiiiine!:
McAz

Postby Rocthedog » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:51 pm

Red Okktober wrote:

Red, the prophets of doom infest this site. I cannot to believe the bullshit they come out with. The idiot Canny on about shortages which is rubbish. A couple of others with some outlandish doom crap. Merkel is going frantic about the amount of german workers whO will lose their jobs if the fuckwits at the EU will not talk. If people like Canny and other Labourite twits love the EU that much. Why do they not fuck off an live there. I cannot believe they want to be ruled by unelected nut cases who want their own armed forces, they want to strut around saluting that flicking flag. Jeeze what the fuck are these lauberites and Limp Dumbs thinking. I never realised there such a bunch of dumb sicko,s like them out there.
Rocthedog

Postby McAz » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:06 pm

How was Honolulu, Roc?
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

Red, the prophets of doom infest this site. I cannot to believe the bullshit they come out with. The idiot Canny on about shortages which is rubbish. A couple of others with some outlandish doom crap. Merkel is going frantic about the amount of german workers whO will lose their jobs if the fuckwits at the EU will not talk. If people like Canny and other Labourite twits love the EU that much. Why do they not fuck off an live there. I cannot believe they want to be ruled by unelected nut cases who want their own armed forces, they want to strut around saluting that flicking flag. Jeeze what the fuck are these lauberites and Limp Dumbs thinking. I never realised there such a bunch of dumb sicko,s like them out there.

Perhaps you wouldn't mind answering a couple of questions on your excellent post, Roc. (Excellent because it's always nice to be able to refer back, and this one is well and truly bookmarked)…

1. Why is your government stockpiling 7000 types of medicine ?

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/ ... Pass=false

2. Why is your government thrashing around trying to find land for lorry parks ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/99669 ... ck-no-deal

3. Why did Chris Grayling try to buy space on ferries that didn't actually exist ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 04776.html

4. Why are insulin supplies for diabetics under threat ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/br ... 78986.html

5. Why do manufacturers want to suspend competition law, post-Brexit ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/br ... 78986.html

This stuff isn't 'made up' Roc. It isn't pretend and it isn't Project Fear.

One final question - Who exactly are the "unelected nut cases " to whom you refer ?
Cannydc

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs