PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Re: PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:16 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:
I don't get your import, neither Holly or Raven are nazis.

Have you not taken your medication?

If people had been as pathetic and "snowflakey" in the 40s are they are now we'd all be speaking German was the point.

It never ceases to amaze me at the way Brexiteers 'big up' the 1940s like there weren't draft dodgers, black marketeers and criminality at all time highs.

As for us all speaking German, that's fanciful nonsense too. Actually, Hitler harboured the wish to form an Aryan Alliance with the UK, and many here agreed including some of our royal family.

They're still fighting the Hun!

Sad fuckers...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:31 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Ray of Sunshine wrote:
Stooo wrote:
I don't get your import, neither Holly or Raven are nazis.

Have you not taken your medication?

If people had been as pathetic and "snowflakey" in the 40s are they are now we'd all be speaking German was the point.

It never ceases to amaze me at the way Brexiteers 'big up' the 1940s like there weren't draft dodgers, black marketeers and criminality at all time highs.

As for us all speaking German, that's fanciful nonsense too. Actually, Hitler harboured the wish to form an Aryan Alliance with the UK, and many here agreed including some of our royal family.

Worse than that - having failed to stand up to the Germans in the EU they voted to run away. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:47 pm

I don't quite follow why Remainers are shitting themselves about 'delayed' deliveries? Surely the new delayed times will quickly become the new normal times? If something used to take 3 days to get here, but will now take 4, just put the order in a day early. :dunno:

If Tuesday's delivery is now arriving on Wednesday, doesn't that mean we get Monday's delivery on Tuesday instead? And it won't be long before that is seen as Tuesday's delivery, rather than Monday's delivery arriving late. If we' re ordering the same amount of stuff, how are we going to have shortages due to 'delays'?

As mentioned further up, perishable goods will get priority anyway. I don't think we're going have lorries full of rotting produce, and empty supermarket shelves, like some of you seem to think we are.
Red Okktober

Postby Dad Boot » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:53 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I don't quite follow why Remainers are shitting themselves about 'delayed' deliveries? Surely the new delayed times will quickly become the new normal times? If something used to take 3 days to get here, but will now take 4, just put the order in a day early. :dunno:

If Tuesday's delivery is now arriving on Wednesday, doesn't that mean we get Monday's delivery on Tuesday instead? And it won't be long before that is seen as Tuesday's delivery, rather than Monday's delivery arriving late. If we' re ordering the same amount of stuff, how are we going to have shortages due to 'delays'?

As mentioned further up, perishable goods will get priority anyway. I don't think we're going have lorries full of rotting produce, and empty supermarket shelves, like some of you seem to think we are.

What lorries? We are torpedoing them all before they even set off!
Dad Boot

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:55 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I don't quite follow why Remainers are shitting themselves about 'delayed' deliveries? Surely the new delayed times will quickly become the new normal times? If something used to take 3 days to get here, but will now take 4, just put the order in a day early. :dunno:

It isn't us who think it, it's actually a government packed with OPTIMISTS - or so they claim.

Are you saying that the Tories, led by Bojo, are lying and not to be trusted ?

OK, I'm cool with that.
Cannydc

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Cannydc wrote:It isn't us who think it, it's actually a government packed with OPTIMISTS - or so they claim.

OK, I'm cool with that.

You lot on here have been shitting yourselves for months about food and medicine shortages, riots and martial law.

So to be clear, do you think we will have shortages or not? A yes or no will do.
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:00 pm

Radioactive isotopes needed for radiotherapy have a useful life of a few hours, they're in the queue.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:03 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Cannydc wrote:It isn't us who think it, it's actually a government packed with OPTIMISTS - or so they claim.

OK, I'm cool with that.

You lot on here have been shitting yourselves for months about food and medicine shortages, riots and martial law.

So to be clear, do you think we will have shortages or not? A yes or no will do.

Yeah, Libre sensors are rare to say the least.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:11 pm

Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:Radioactive isotopes needed for radiotherapy have a useful life of a few hours, they're in the queue.

So you think there is no way around any potential delays? That they will be stuck behind lorries full of cooking oil and tinned tomatoes, without any way of fast tracking them?

Have you not considered the possibility of extra checking points and extra staff being utilised? With maybe some kind of emergency lane for items like the above?
Red Okktober

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Stooo wrote:

Radioactive isotopes needed for radiotherapy have a useful life of a few hours, they're in the queue.

They're not going to be sent by boat then, are they.

In fact, do we actually import them and if we do, how is it done now? :dunno:
Last edited by Fletch on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fletch

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:15 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:Radioactive isotopes needed for radiotherapy have a useful life of a few hours, they're in the queue.

So you think there is no way around any potential delays? That they will be stuck behind lorries full of cooking oil and tinned tomatoes, without any way of fast tracking them?

Have you not considered the possibility of extra checking points and extra staff being utilised? With maybe some kind of emergency lane for items like the above?

Does the cost of all this come out of the NHS's £350 million per week? :dunno:
McAz

Postby McAz » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:16 pm

Fletch wrote:
Stooo wrote:

And in any event we'll have Trump's trade deal instead of the TTIP. :pmsl:
McAz

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Saw this on DS poilitcs.

Is it/was it a tv announcement or just social media? In the papers? :dunno:
Last edited by Fletch on Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fletch

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Um, yeah.

Six months to train Border Control people let alone new HMR&C staff, where the fuck are they going to get people for degree level positions?

Where is the money coming from?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Fletch » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:20 pm

McAz wrote:
Fletch wrote:
Stooo wrote:

And in any event we'll have Trump's trade deal instead of the TTIP. :pmsl:

We should have fuck all to do with the US.

In fact, we should impose sanctions on them. :thumbsup:
Fletch

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs