PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Re: PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:49 am

art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote::bored: how thick do You need to be? since when in the course of HUman history has there ever been a time it wasn't prudent to be prepared for a calamity. can You sow fields after the crisis? grow food and provide for Your families? We are kept in state of poverty without the ability to generate our own revenue for a reason. guess what that reason is?

And grow your own petrol ?

Generate enough power for towns and cities ?

And for the millions in flats, and without land ?

Sometimes you just don't think through the big picture, do you ?

if You can't do it Your self, then stop condoning the bombing, sanctions and disintegration of society in other countries for it till You can!

big picture? :off head: a box in the corner of a box in the corner of a bigger box. Yeh sure, you think You can imagine a big picture. if You had done it already You wouldn't be concerned about not being prepared. You would have the ability to sustain Your own and Families needs before they have need. I don't even drive and would consider having a petrol drum or two in my garden or shed. in fact it is a standard protocol, I always pay the cheaper price because I buy early and store it. so when prices do rise I hardly notice the rise in price.

The legal limit for storage of petrol is 30 litres, in a combination of containers.

2 x 10 litre metal cans + 2 X five-litre plastic cans = 30 litres in total. I can easily use that in a single trip.

The rest of your post completely fails to address the millions who don't have gardens (or sheds) because they live in flats, maisonettes etc.

Even here in the countryside we have 5 year waiting lists for allotments. You think they all condone bombing etc?
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:54 am

Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote:
Cannydc wrote:
art0hur0moh wrote::bored: how thick do You need to be? since when in the course of HUman history has there ever been a time it wasn't prudent to be prepared for a calamity. can You sow fields after the crisis? grow food and provide for Your families? We are kept in state of poverty without the ability to generate our own revenue for a reason. guess what that reason is?

And grow your own petrol ?

Generate enough power for towns and cities ?

And for the millions in flats, and without land ?

Sometimes you just don't think through the big picture, do you ?

if You can't do it Your self, then stop condoning the bombing, sanctions and disintegration of society in other countries for it till You can!

big picture? :off head: a box in the corner of a box in the corner of a bigger box. Yeh sure, you think You can imagine a big picture. if You had done it already You wouldn't be concerned about not being prepared. You would have the ability to sustain Your own and Families needs before they have need. I don't even drive and would consider having a petrol drum or two in my garden or shed. in fact it is a standard protocol, I always pay the cheaper price because I buy early and store it. so when prices do rise I hardly notice the rise in price.

The legal limit for storage of petrol is 30 litres, in a combination of containers.

2 x 10 litre metal cans + 2 X five-litre plastic cans = 30 litres in total. I can easily use that in a single trip.

The rest of your post completely fails to address the millions who don't have gardens (or sheds) because they live in flats, maisonettes etc.

Even here in the countryside we have 5 year waiting lists for allotments. You think they all condone bombing etc?

But if he's constantly breathing in petrol fumes at least you can understand where his posts are coming from.

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:02 am

I may be overthinking this, but if the EU put an embargo on goods to the UK, would it not affect EU Producers of goods,

How would they get around that problem ?
Snookerballs

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Snookerballs wrote:I may be overthinking this, but if the EU put an embargo on goods to the UK, would it not affect EU Producers of goods,

There is no threat of an embargo either way, and never has been.

The 3 big issues will be tariffs on UK goods entering the EU as we will be a '3rd country', delays to cross-channel shipments due to extra paperwork and checks, and a widening gap of standards which will eventually lead to UK manufacturers being forced to accept EU rules to export there. Currently standards are aligned, of course, but if we drop our production standards in the event of, say, a trade deal with the US the EU won't accept those goods.
Cannydc

Postby Snookerballs » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:23 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:I may be overthinking this, but if the EU put an embargo on goods to the UK, would it not affect EU Producers of goods,

The 3 big issues will be tariffs on UK goods entering the EU as we will be a '3rd country', delays to cross-channel shipments due to extra paperwork and checks, and a widening gap of standards which will eventually lead to UK manufacturers being forced to accept EU rules to export there. Currently standards are aligned, of course, but if we drop our production standards in the event of, say, a trade deal with the US the EU won't accept those goods.

So there will not be any worries regarding shortage of products coming to this Country from the EU
Cross Channel shipment delays could work both ways affecting the EU economy .
Snookerballs

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:07 pm

Snookerballs wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

So there will not be any worries regarding shortage of products coming to this Country from the EU

The shortages mooted would be caused by delays at importing ports, e.g. Dover. These may well be in the order of a week or two. Many imported medicines don't have that kind of shelf life, nor do radio isotopes used for treating cancer. Fresh food is also severely threatened (salad, fruit, veg) as well as fish, flowers and other items that will perish.

The EU economy will be affected, but 50% of our exports go there, where as about 8% of the EU's goods and services exports to EU and non-EU countries went to the UK in 2016. And they share that 8% between 27 countries.

The idea that they need us as much as we need them is laughable, but still put about by some.
Cannydc

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:47 pm

We're all fat anyway, just the other day I read an article by a leftie saying we should go back to rationing to tackle the obesity crisis.

You'd probably enthusiastically agree with her Canny you clown.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Remoaner and proud to be so » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:54 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Snookerballs wrote:
Cannydc wrote:

The shortages mooted would be caused by delays at importing ports, e.g. Dover. These may well be in the order of a week or two. Many imported medicines don't have that kind of shelf life, nor do radio isotopes used for treating cancer. Fresh food is also severely threatened (salad, fruit, veg) as well as fish, flowers and other items that will perish.

The EU economy will be affected, but 50% of our exports go there, where as about 8% of the EU's goods and services exports to EU and non-EU countries went to the UK in 2016. And they share that 8% between 27 countries.

The idea that they need us as much as we need them is laughable, but still put about by some.

There is a movement in Europe that is lobbying the E.U. parliament to stop acting like cunts and give a better deal, because they are crapping it about how their businesses will be affected by a no deal.
Let’s just call the stupid bloody thing off, it’s caused so much damage already and only thick cunts still want it
Remoaner and proud to be so

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:39 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:We're all fat anyway, just the other day I read an article by a leftie saying we should go back to rationing to tackle the obesity crisis.

You'd probably enthusiastically agree with her Canny you clown.

Pity there isn't a similar remedy for your mental health issues...

Anything to add to the conversation on probable shortages, as admitted by your Brexishambles owning Tory government ?
Cannydc

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:43 pm

Remoaner and proud to be so wrote:There is a movement in Europe that is lobbying the E.U. parliament to stop acting like cunts and give a better deal, because they are crapping it about how their businesses will be affected by a no deal.
Let’s just call the stupid bloody thing off, it’s caused so much damage already and only thick cunts still want it

Don't be so pathetic.

This is what happens when everyone gets given prizes at sports day.

More cosseted than Kobe beef cattle.

Another risk-averse public sector employee I wager.

We'd all be speaking like Holly and Raven if people were like you in the 10s or 40s.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:47 pm

Remoaner and proud to be so wrote:There is a movement in Europe that is lobbying the E.U. parliament to stop acting like cunts and give a better deal, because they are crapping it about how their businesses will be affected by a no deal.

We've already got a better deal than any other country in the EU.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:50 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:

Don't be so pathetic.

We'd all be speaking like Holly and Raven if people were like you in the 10s or 40s.

Izzit! Wots then two speak like then? Have you got an audio version of dogs?
Record your voice and stick it on here.
I’m thinking you sounds fucking thick innit!
Gammon twat!

Postby Cannydc » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:54 pm

Stooo wrote:

We've already got a better deal than any other country in the EU.

And that deal won't be on the table if and when we beg to be let in.
Cannydc

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Guest wrote:I’m thinking you sounds fucking thick innit!

LOL, LOL and more LOL.

Or 555 as canny might say.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Stooo » Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:05 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:

Don't be so pathetic.

Have you spoken to either of them?
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs