PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Re: PROJECT FEAR - OR PROJECT REALITY ?

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:40 pm

I certainly wasn't aware of any veto - in fact over 100 designs were entered for the competition, and the winner (12 stars) was thought to have been chosen because many of the leaders of countries in the EU at that time were deeply Catholic, and the 12 stars were symbolic of Catholicism.
Cannydc

Postby McAz » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:53 pm

Cannydc wrote:I certainly wasn't aware of any veto - in fact over 100 designs were entered for the competition, and the winner (12 stars) was thought to have been chosen because many of the leaders of countries in the EU at that time were deeply Catholic, and the 12 stars were symbolic of Catholicism.

This from Wiki - not much, but slightly more reliable than Herr Sunshine: :roll:

On 25 September 1953, the Consultative Assembly of the Council of Europe recommended that a blue flag with fifteen gold stars be adopted as an emblem for the organisation, the number fifteen reflecting the number of states of the Council of Europe. West Germany objected to the fifteen-star design, as one of the members was Saar Protectorate, and to have its own star would imply sovereignty for the region.
McAz

Postby Cannydc » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:04 pm

McAz wrote:
Cannydc wrote:I certainly wasn't aware of any veto - in fact over 100 designs were entered for the competition, and the winner (12 stars) was thought to have been chosen because many of the leaders of countries in the EU at that time were deeply Catholic, and the 12 stars were symbolic of Catholicism.

This from Wiki - not much, but slightly more reliable than Herr Sunshine: :roll:

On 25 September 1953, the Consultative Assembly of the Council of Europe recommended that a blue flag with fifteen gold stars be adopted as an emblem for the organisation, the number fifteen reflecting the number of states of the Council of Europe. West Germany objected to the fifteen-star design, as one of the members was Saar Protectorate, and to have its own star would imply sovereignty for the region.

That's interesting - the Wiki page I saw said that the flag was designed in 1955, and officially launched later that year by the Council of Europe as a symbol for the whole of Europe. No mention of previous, vetoed designs.

Thanks for that.
Cannydc

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Cannydc wrote:
McAz wrote:

That's interesting - the Wiki page I saw said that the flag was designed in 1955, and officially launched later that year by the Council of Europe as a symbol for the whole of Europe. No mention of previous, vetoed designs.

Thanks for that.

Thanks, I was unaware of that. Probably because I never ever could be bothered to look it up, simply because I had no reason to in just thinking it was quite a striking and easily recognisable flag
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Guest was Cannydc » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:27 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:Um, yeah.

Six months to train Border Control people let alone new HMR&C staff, where the fuck are they going to get people for degree level positions?

Where is the money coming from?

So you think we're going to have food & medicine shortages, and rioting, - but we can't address it because you don't know where any new staff or funding will come from to create extra checkpoints?

I hope to fuck I never end up on your team on one of those problem solving courses.

Do you actually believe that the £3,000,000,000+ that the government is chucking at all sorts of 'no-deal Brexit' remedies was expected 3 years ago, never mind ever being mentioned as remotely possible by the Leave leadership ?

Do you actually trust that they are spending this money wisely ? And if so, may I refer you to the huge sums already wasted by hiring ferries from a company that had no ferries ?

Do you really believe that we will have the literally thousands of trained staff in place to deal with the new customs requirements ? And I mean properly trained, not G4S monkeys filling in.

Yes, there will be shortages. Yes, there will be protests. And yes, there will be a general election at which the owners of this collective madness will pay.

Just a reminder - see where the Tories are now, 2 years later.
Guest was Cannydc

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:52 pm

Guest was Cannydc wrote:
Just a reminder - see where the Tories are now, 2 years later.

Firing up the old power stations in an attempt to stop energy shortages, make do and mend as ever.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby DND » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:19 pm

Red Okktober wrote:I don't quite follow why Remainers are shitting themselves about 'delayed' deliveries? Surely the new delayed times will quickly become the new normal times? If something used to take 3 days to get here, but will now take 4, just put the order in a day early. :dunno:

If Tuesday's delivery is now arriving on Wednesday, doesn't that mean we get Monday's delivery on Tuesday instead? And it won't be long before that is seen as Tuesday's delivery, rather than Monday's delivery arriving late. If we' re ordering the same amount of stuff, how are we going to have shortages due to 'delays'?

As mentioned further up, perishable goods will get priority anyway. I don't think we're going have lorries full of rotting produce, and empty supermarket shelves, like some of you seem to think we are.

Ooooh, weren't you WRONG! :pointlaugh:
DND

Postby Cannydc » Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:17 am

Rocthedog wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Stooo wrote:Um, yeah.

Six months to train Border Control people let alone new HMR&C staff, where the fuck are they going to get people for degree level positions?

Where is the money coming from?

So you think we're going to have food & medicine shortages, and rioting, - but we can't address it because you don't know where any new staff or funding will come from to create extra checkpoints?

I hope to fuck I never end up on your team on one of those problem solving courses.

Red, the prophets of doom infest this site. I cannot to believe the bullshit they come out with. The idiot Canny on about shortages which is rubbish. A couple of others with some outlandish doom crap. Merkel is going frantic about the amount of german workers whO will lose their jobs if the fuckwits at the EU will not talk. If people like Canny and other Labourite twits love the EU that much. Why do they not fuck off an live there. I cannot believe they want to be ruled by unelected nut cases who want their own armed forces, they want to strut around saluting that flicking flag. Jeeze what the fuck are these lauberites and Limp Dumbs thinking. I never realised there such a bunch of dumb sicko,s like them out there.

Just a quick reminder that people really thought that German workers would ensure we got a wonderful Brexit deal and that we would be ruled by 'unelected nutcases' in the EU - as opposed to 'unelected nutcases' like Lord Frost (who negotiated the leaving deal then tried to rat on it).
As for us wanting to move to the EU, well we were actually living in it until the Brexit car crash happened.
Cannydc

Previous

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs