Corbyn WILL back a second ref!

Re: Corbyn WILL back a second ref!

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:What's Tory policy on Brexit?

T. May just asked the EU to sort it out for her, do keep up.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Got to be worth a fiver at Corals...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:45 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:What's Tory policy on Brexit?

T. May just asked the EU to sort it out for her, do keep up.

She’s completely run out of ideas so it is her only option :awesome:

Postby Gigabit » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:07 pm

Buzz from Twitter is saying the vote won't be on a second ref but some kind of compromise :(
Gigabit

Postby Stooo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:10 pm

Gigabit wrote:Buzz from Twitter is saying the vote won't be on a second ref but some kind of compromise :(

You know the answer. What else is there?

I'll see you on the 20th.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Cannydc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:05 am

According to today's papers, John McDonnell will say that Labour will not include Remain as a choice on a People's Vote.

Looks like the Libdems will win a lot of Labour votes at a General Election.... mine included.

Never before, not something I have ever even considered. But needs must.
Cannydc

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:52 am

Cannydc wrote:According to today's papers, John McDonnell will say that Labour will not include Remain as a choice on a People's Vote.

Looks like the Libdems will win a lot of Labour votes at a General Election.... mine included.

That's fucking stupid. You'd actually allow the Tories to sell your workers rights, human rights & our NHS down the river because Labour wouldn't give you another vote on something we shouldn't have voted on in the first place?!!

A vote on the final deal cannot be used as a vehicle to thwart what the majority voted for. Labour needs to at least try getting a deal if/when the opportunity arises. If/when that doesn't materialise, then & only then do we start with an actual 2nd referendum. Democracy matters.

As if the Lib Dems are the answer! Jesus Fucking Christ Cannydc!!! :shake head:
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:55 am

Gigabit wrote:Buzz from Twitter is saying the vote won't be on a second ref but some kind of compromise :(

Sensible.
If Labour are seen as trying to thwart the result they'll lose a lot of votes (more than they'll lose supporting it). I'm a member who voted Remain but priority for the majority of members is getting Tories out. Labour can't do shit about Brexit until they're in government.
Wilson

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:00 pm

Wilson wrote:

LibDems are Tory lite and voted with them on many nasty issues when they were in coalition together. :pukeup:

Postby Cannydc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:19 pm

Wilson wrote:
Cannydc wrote:According to today's papers, John McDonnell will say that Labour will not include Remain as a choice on a People's Vote.

That's fucking stupid. You'd actually allow the Tories to sell your workers rights, human rights & our NHS down the river because Labour wouldn't give you another vote on something we shouldn't have voted on in the first place?!!

A vote on the final deal cannot be used as a vehicle to thwart what the majority voted for. Labour needs to at least try getting a deal if/when the opportunity arises. If/when that doesn't materialise, then & only then do we start with an actual 2nd referendum. Democracy matters.

It's a matter of priorities.

Your belief that a Tory government is the greatest threat to the UK - entirely understandable. I believe that Brexit will literally ruin our economy. And with a wrecked economy, guess who the Tories and their lapdog press pals will blame, assuming Labour are in power ?

Remember who got the blame for the 2008 worldwide recession ?

83% of Labour party members want to remain in the EU. It is vital that our voices are heard and acted on by the leadership. And it seems that the fight isn't over yet, if lunchtime news reports are to be believed.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:54 pm

Dirty washing.

:smilin:

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:14 pm

Guest wrote:Dirty washing.

Yes! The Tory party conference should be great fun to watch. Perhaps May will have another coughing fit but choke to death this time as well! :laughing:

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:29 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Wilson wrote:

It's a matter of priorities.

Your belief that a Tory government is the greatest threat to the UK - entirely understandable. I believe that Brexit will literally ruin our economy. And with a wrecked economy, guess who the Tories and their lapdog press pals will blame, assuming Labour are in power ?

Remember who got the blame for the 2008 worldwide recession ?

83% of Labour party members want to remain in the EU. It is vital that our voices are heard and acted on by the leadership. And it seems that the fight isn't over yet, if lunchtime news reports are to be believed.

Yep it's about priorities. Labour's No1 priority has to be winning a general election because they can't do shit about Brexit until they are in No10.

Tories got away with blaming Labour for the 2008 global economic crash because those running Labour at the time didn't speak up, they were almost apologetic for it!

As well as listening to members, Labour also needs to listen to those Labour voters who voted to leave the EU. Dismiss them & we'll be joining the Fibdems in electoral oblivion and we'll be stuck with JRM & Boris Brexit.

You believe that Brexit will destroy the economy when there's zero evidence to suggest that's the case. Leaving with no deal will be catastrophic, that much we do know & that's what the Tories are offering us.

A vote for LibDem is a vote for Tory Brexit & anyone voting for that out of some sort of protest is making a terrible terrible mistake.
Wilson

Postby Wilson » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:31 pm

Guest wrote:Dirty washing.

It's called discussion. Something our government need to learn how to do.
Wilson

Postby Stooo » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:00 pm

Some things are far more important than party politics.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs