Tories admit Labour did NOT cause the Great Recession

Re: Tories admit Labour did NOT cause the Great Recession

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:21 pm

Loans often almost interest free were being given to people on benefits.
Money was being poured into the economy from the magic money tree.
This happened just before the crash of the thirties too.
My bank manager at the time who's husband was also a bank manager told me she was taking early retirement and so was her husband because they wanted no part of what was happening.
Why what's happening I asked.
Do a little research ad see what happens when banks flood an economy with money.
That's wen I figured out a major global financial crisis was coming.
That's when I used to post a lot about it starting in 2006.
What I and many others didn't see was the to big to fail agenda where even more money was plucked from the magic money tree for the banks .... unbelievable.
Not only were they inflating and then deflating the money supply they were also on a huge looting spree.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby wutang » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:00 pm

The bigger question is why did the wider economy go this way? why did car companies decide that they would rather be money lenders than car producers.

Why did investers turn to speculators - dotcom, housing, shares, commodities, etc - instead of investing in production?

The same can be asked now.

Interest rates are so low yet corporation are hoarding money like its going out of business (Apple has reserves of $250 billion), government bonds have been going into negative territory (you get back less than you give to them) yet investors would rather lose money by giving it to government than invest in capitalist production.

Why are companies like Uber, that lose BILLIONS ever year, still getting billions chucked at them. Especially when you arent actually owning anything but an app.

wutang

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:27 pm

Cannydc wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Guest wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Big Fat Frosty wrote:lessons were learned..
how to fuck over the next generation.
and the next and the next
:dunno:

Given up already?
The answers don't have to be complicated but you lot are so entrenched in your opinions you can't see the simplicity of it all.

Why don't you womansplain the answers to us then, if you believe you know what they are? Clearly our tiny little male brains need help in understanding.
TIA.
:wubbers:

I have. But this lot can't do the maths. :cool:

That sounds a lot like "I can't find anyone who agrees with me, so I'll throw my toys out of the cot"

My last word on the subject is from a study on this subject, presented at the Royal Economic Society's annual conference at the University of Bristol in April 2017.

The research tracks the movement of house prices from the late 1980s to the mid-2000s, and finds that neither demand-side factors such as household income, mortgage rates and credit availability, or the supply of new houses explain price rises during some of that period.

"In particular, the analysis demonstrates that economic fundamentals fail to explain the behaviour of UK regional property prices in the late 1980s and mid-2000s. Interestingly, during these time periods, prices exhibited explosive dynamics, which is in accordance with speculative bubbles in housing markets.

By examining in detail the timeline of price dynamics, we demonstrate that there was a synchronisation of explosive episodes across regional housing markets, leading to house price exuberance at the national level.

Further, we show that the pattern of propagation is consistent with the notion of the so-called ripple effect. Specifically, house price exuberance emanated from Greater London and spread out northward, affecting neighbouring regions with a time lag."

So, not interest rates. As I said on more than one occasion a housing bubble fueled by buyer exuberance and media frenzy - remember the Daily Princess featuring house price rises as front page lead headlines for 2 months without a break.

http://www.res.org.uk/details/mediabrie ... -BOOM.html

GGMS :woteva:

Just because you found an article that's as ignorant as you are doesn't make it true.
Maybe it's just a coincidence that all that happened when the interest rates were kept low for over 5 years.

People are greedy, money lenders are greedy, it's not rocket science to know that they need to be regulated.
The government let us down by deregulating the banks Canny, don't stick your head in the sand over this.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Loans often almost interest free were being given to people on benefits.
My bank manager at the time who's husband was also a bank manager told me she was taking early retirement and so was her husband because they wanted no part of what was happening.
Do a little research ad see what happens when banks flood an economy with money.
What I and many others didn't see was the to big to fail agenda where even more money was plucked from the magic money tree for the banks .... unbelievable.
Not only were they inflating and then deflating the money supply they were also on a huge looting spree.

You weren't alone, it was bloody obvious it was all going to blow up at some point. Well, obvious to prudent people.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Because our monetary system is debt based this will go on and on.
Our money is created as a unit of debt instead of being created as units of value.
Every government in the world has to go cap in hand to borrow money off the banks.
The banks create the money out of thin air (there really is a magic money tree) and lends ity to the governments of the world at interest.
This is headed by a small number of international banking families.
Same families who make all the missiles and atom bombs.
There was of course always a few countries who refused to play this ridiculous game of perpetual debt.
They were labelled the axis of evil.
The wars that are raging now are directly or indirectly connected to this.
They will all be bombed into compliance or totally destroyed.
Iran and N.Korea left with Russia and China partly in the game but refusing to bow to a one world banking order.
Conspiracy?
A little research exposes the whole sham.
Why would we want our money created as debt as opposed to money created as value?
There may well be some inaccuracies in the following vid but basically it's sound.

All Wars Are Bankers' Wars

Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Oh here we go..
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:42 pm

Major Smedley D Butler.
Americas most decorated soldier.

“I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.”
― Smedley D. Butler, War is a Racket: The Antiwar Classic by America's Most Decorated Soldier
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:43 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:Oh here we go..

You ask lots of questions and then start snearing at the answers.
You only want answers that will fit with your constrained main stream mind.
All these things can be researched but that only happens if you really want answers.
My advice is stay in your bubble.
Safer that way.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:Loans often almost interest free were being given to people on benefits.

You weren't alone, it was bloody obvious it was all going to blow up at some point. Well, obvious to prudent people.

But still missed by you is the fact that these bank managers didn't want any part of what was being done.
They knew their history.
They knew it had been done in the thirties by design.
The whole economic system was being purposely herded in one direction.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:47 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:

All these things can be researched but that only happens if you really want answers.
Safer that way.

When the choice is bubble or paranoid rabbit hole I think i will stay where I am.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:49 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:

But still missed by you is the fact that these bank managers didn't want any part of what was being done.
They knew their history.
They knew it had been done in the thirties by design.
The whole economic system was being purposely herded in one direction.

So why didn't our government know? Why didn't they control it? Why did they hand over control?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:51 pm

Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Safer that way.

When the choice is bubble or paranoid rabbit hole I think i will stay where I am.

Best that way.
It's what the ptb be want of you.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:54 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Lady Murasaki wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:

Safer that way.

Best that way.
It's what the ptb be want of you.

The pub?
Lady Murasaki

Postby Viper » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Lol. Mad CT'er turns off yet another person.

What a weird way to choose to live.
Viper

Postby Lady Murasaki » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:07 pm

Viper wrote:Lol. Mad CT'er turns off yet another person.

What a weird way to choose to live.

Not as big a turn off as extremist/racist types though.
Lady Murasaki

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs