Terrorist attack in Finsbury Park

Re: Terrorist attack in Finsbury Park

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Puzzler wrote:
McAz wrote:
Puzzler wrote:
wutang wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Incidentally, whether this terrorist had a mental illness or not is not particularly relevant unless it completely diminishes his capacity to make decisions / takes away human agency (which is unlikely.)

It's like mental illness is used as a convenient excuse or justification for actions which cannot be excused or justified. This type of intellectually lazy thinking spans the political spectrum.

Didnt Brevik try playing that card and the courts threw it out.

The other problematic thing with the whole 'lets downplay white terrorism with mental illness' thing is that it stigmatises and demonises people with mental illness - millions of people suffer from some form but you dont see them committing terror acts.

Then again the media love demonising mental illness as well so it two birds with one stone for them.

Ah yes I remember well, Richard Dart and Samantha Lewthwaite's actions being explained away as a result of mental illness.

By whom?

That's my point - they weren't therefore not all white terrorists are classed as mentally ill. Wutang is just desperate for this to be a race issue when there could just as easily been a white muslim or 2 in the crowd of victims last night.

I've not heard of any terrorist escaping justice because of mental illness - white, black or anything else - but it is something young Vipes peddled earlier in this thread which is why there was the usual responses.
McAz

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:56 pm

McAz wrote:
Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
McAz wrote:And as a side note: No doubt you've noticed the Tories bigging this up as a very opportune deflection from Grenfell. :roll:

You had to shoehorn 'the Tories' in somewhere didn't you?

How are they 'bigging it up' and how does it deflect from Grenfell? It's a totally separate unconnected incident.

Read the news - Grenfell wasn't going well for them.

I doubt Grenfell has been going well for anyone affected.

As far as deflection attempts go, Az, I really have to say that ^^^ is cynically exploitative, and really scrapes the barrel. I expect that kind of whataboutery from the usual great unwashed fuckwit suspects around here, but not from you :shake head:

Certainly wasn't going well for the Tories - their press office must have been positively salivating when this incident happened.

It could have been worse - Corbyn & Abbott (now she's miraculously recovered from her illness) could have been handling the whole sorry mess :snooty:

How efficiently do you think that would have played out?
Vam

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Puzzler wrote:Ah yes I remember well, Richard Dart and Samantha Lewthwaite's actions being explained away as a result of mental illness.

Explain away with: evil brown people brainwashed and radicalised our defenseless white kids. (the old 'white kids corrupted by non-whites' trope)

Double it if the white kid is middle class -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... atics.html

This twats parents are constantly given time to tell us what a lovely boy he really is and was 'led astray'

wutang

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:So Holly, you've asked Aziz plenty of questions.
What have you learned so far from his replies?

Good question :scratch:...can I think about it?

Times up. Need some help? :smilin:

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:00 pm

Vam wrote:
McAz wrote:Certainly wasn't going well for the Tories - their press office must have been positively salivating when this incident happened.

It could have been worse - Corbyn & Abbott (now she's miraculously recovered from her illness) could have been handling the whole sorry mess :snooty:

How efficiently do you think that would have played out?

They weren't running the council that commissioned the work that contributed to the fire though. I wouldn't run with this one, Vam, it's not a winner - but if you must there's thread on the subject.
McAz

Postby Holly » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:05 pm

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:ho is complaining? I asked you a simple question. There's ONE freakn idiot who did what he did for what ever his reason was and you go on and on about Islamophobia, yet I don't recall you making such a fuss about all the innocent Brits including children who got killed in the latest terror attacks in the name of Allah. You sure you got your priorities right?

As I said earlier - I don't make a fuss about anything much - I consistently counsel non-violence and moderation - I can't help that people have a problem with that. :dunno:

I have no problem with non violence, just the opposite, so don't make up a story, I have a problem with unfairness and one sided views. Where is your compassion for all those people who got killed? Why do you worry about this one nutter, when there are so many more really dangerous nutters out there who will try to harm many more Brits in times ahead? What happened today was horrific, but so were the attacks of late. Thank God not more harm was done today, unlike what happened in the last few attacks.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:ho is complaining? I asked you a simple question. There's ONE freakn idiot who did what he did for what ever his reason was and you go on and on about Islamophobia, yet I don't recall you making such a fuss about all the innocent Brits including children who got killed in the latest terror attacks in the name of Allah. You sure you got your priorities right?

As I said earlier - I don't make a fuss about anything much - I consistently counsel non-violence and moderation - I can't help that people have a problem with that. :dunno:

I have no problem with non violence, just the opposite, so don't make up a story, I have a problem with unfairness and one sided views. Where is your compassion for all those people who got killed? Why do you worry about this one nutter, when there are so many more really dangerous nutters out there who will try to harm many more Brits in times ahead? What happened today was horrific, but so were the attacks of late. Thank God not more harm was done today, unlike what happened in the last few attacks.

I have compassion for all victims of terror - I just don't use a forum to big myself up about it.
McAz

Postby Holly » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:

Well, I haven't learned anything I didn't already know. MacAz is more worried about the Muslim community and their rights than the safety and rights of his own people :ooer:
That's about it.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:13 pm

McAz wrote:
Holly wrote:
McAz wrote:

I have compassion for all victims of terror - I just don't use a forum to big myself up about it.

:gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:13 pm

Holly wrote:
Guest wrote:
Holly wrote:

Well, I haven't learned anything I didn't already know. MacAz is more worried about the Muslim community and their rights than the safety and rights of his own people :ooer:
That's about it.

As worried, not more worried - I have no racial or religious agenda. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby Vam » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:35 pm

Ah....the hell with this!

Today is a day when I will freely state my opinions, and I don't give a flying fuck who takes offence. If Admin have a problem with that, they have the right button to press. Anyone else can just literally go spin... :dafinger:

I'm in no mood to diplomatically tiptoe around any permanently outraged, extreme lefty tossers. I doubt many of you posting here have done a productive day's work in your lives. And I strongly suspect most of those constantly posting their anti-establishment, looney left rhetoric on here, do so with the other hand held out, to grab up every Benefit payment known to man.

There's a very credible threat that civil unrest will soon be spilling out all over the UK, and yet here you are, playing with your semantics and whataboutery point-scoring, as if your input is worth a damn.

You are completely ineffectual and irrelevant. Anyone with a brain cell can see that some of you are every bit as racist & fascist as those you're constantly howling at, or whining about.

People like you utterly disgust me. Shit, I'm not British but even I have more loyalty to Britain than some of you workshy, freeloading, traitorous ingrates! :roll:
Vam

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:43 pm

Vam wrote:Ah....the hell with this!

Today is a day when I will freely state my opinions, and I don't give a flying fuck who takes offence. If Admin have a problem with that, they have the right button to press. Anyone else can just literally go spin... :dafinger:

I'm in no mood to diplomatically tiptoe around any permanently outraged, extreme lefty tossers. I doubt many of you posting here have done a productive day's work in your lives. And I strongly suspect most of those constantly posting their anti-establishment, looney left rhetoric on here, do so with the other hand held out, to grab up every Benefit payment known to man.

There's a very credible threat that civil unrest will soon be spilling out all over the UK, and yet here you are, playing with your semantics and whataboutery point-scoring, as if your input is worth a damn.

You are completely ineffectual and irrelevant. Anyone with a brain cell can see that some of you are every bit as racist & fascist as those you're constantly howling at, or whining about.

People like you utterly disgust me. Shit, I'm not British but even I have more loyalty to Britain than some of you workshy, freeloading, traitorous ingrates! :roll:

That's the spirit! :laughing:
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:45 pm

Vam wrote:Ah....the hell with this!

you have been well and truly triggered
nice of you to ignore right wing policies are the result of all of this :gigglesnshit:

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:46 pm

Vam wrote:There's a very credible threat that civil unrest will soon be spilling out all over the UK,

The right have been saying that for decades... still waiting.

Any unrest is more likely to be around issues of inequality, state/police repression, poverty, healthcare, housing etc, than the race war that certain posters gleefully anticipate.
wutang

Postby rollup » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:50 pm

Noticed how these things are so quickly forgotten?
Another day another piece of news to digest.
The Manchester bombing is mostly out of mind now but not of course for the victims and their families.
I'm still waiting to here how the police have rounded up the Manchester boys as they were known and deported them or locked them up.
The intelligence departments of this country have to much invested in them though by the sounds of it.
For twenty years under the watchful eye of authority with no pass ports etc. As good as under house arrest the last twenty years until the home office suddenly issued them with passports and allowed them to travel all over Europe into and back out of Syria and Libya because now was the time to use them to kill Qadaffi.
Well that's been achieved so why are this group still living in Manchester?
rollup

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs