Backtrack On 'Give NHS £350m EU Money' Promise

Re: Backtrack On 'Give NHS £350m EU Money' Promise

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Me to Mate: "I just won £500 lets go have some beers" :thumbsup:

Mate: "Wow! £500 - that's gonna buy us a load of beers" :more beer:

Me: "What you think I'm gonna spend the whole £500 on beers, when I've got lots of other important things to spend it on?" :roll:

Mate: "But you said you won £500 lets go and have some beers, surely that means you're gonna spend it all on beers?" :grrrrr:

Me: "Yeah right, you're beginning to sound like a right simple liberal lefty twat" :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:28 pm

No mention of beer here:

Is expenditure on beer the reason they have gone back on their promise?
McAz

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:38 pm

Aziz wrote:No mention of beer here:

Photoshopped you little tinker :wag:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby guest » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:45 pm

Aziz wrote:
Random wrote:
Aziz wrote:What does this slogan say?

It's says 'lets' not 'we pledge' or 'will' or 'promise'

So what is the intent of the poster then?

The intention is so clear I'm surprised that some people are even pretending not to know.

The intention is to give the impression that the NHS will get £350m a week if we leave the EU.

It's not rocket science, it's campaigning and a big fat lie.

Postby McAz » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:48 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Aziz wrote:No mention of beer here:

Photoshopped you little tinker :wag:

Of course, - the poster, the slogan, the bus, and even Boris, don't exist. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:59 pm

Anybody who believed that £350m per week was going to be given to the NHS is as dumb as anybody who said it.

Actually, no. Dumber.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:04 am

Si_Crewe wrote:Anybody who believed that £350m per week was going to be given to the NHS is as dumb as anybody who said it.

Actually, no. Dumber.

Insulting the naive and/or gullible isn't really helpful - not everyone has your insight or intellect.
McAz

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:25 am

Aziz wrote:
Guest wrote:It says fund the NHS, not give the NHS 350 million. You can fund the NHS by giving it an extra 50 mill a week.
Tbh, I hoped the remain vote had won. The thought of all those lovely Muslims flooding every town, city and village of Britain made me smile.
I hope there is another vote. You get what you deserve in this life x.

Tell Farage that.

"...footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June – just weeks before the referendum – shows the Ukip leader claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

“Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million a week is wrong, it’s higher than that,” he told the programme’s audience."

(The Independent)

Aziz, you've posted it yourself and shot yourself in the foot. The BIB, clearly mentions 350 million, But then you post yourself that Farage said MONEY, Not 350 mill, but MONEY should be spent on hospitals and GP's.

It's like saying I won million on the lotto, and bought a new car. You'd have to be really dumb to think I spent the whole Million quid on the car.

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:32 am

Aziz wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:Anybody who believed that £350m per week was going to be given to the NHS is as dumb as anybody who said it.

Actually, no. Dumber.

Insulting the naive and/or gullible isn't really helpful - not everyone has your insight or intellect.

I'm pretty sure it's at least as helpful as anything else posted here in the last couple of days.

If it helps some people come to the realisation that politicians lie then perhaps more-so.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:37 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
Aziz wrote:

Actually, no. Dumber.

I'm pretty sure it's at least as helpful as anything else posted here in the last couple of days.

If it helps some people come to the realisation that politicians lie then perhaps more-so.

My apologies - I didn't recognise your noble intent.
McAz

Postby Si_Crewe » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:48 am

Aziz wrote:My apologies - I didn't recognise your noble intent.

For somebody who's been so willing to use the murder of Jo Cox to remind us of the evil of far-right extremism, I'm surprised at your lack of insight.
Si_Crewe

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:56 am

Guest wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Guest wrote:It says fund the NHS, not give the NHS 350 million. You can fund the NHS by giving it an extra 50 mill a week.
Tbh, I hoped the remain vote had won. The thought of all those lovely Muslims flooding every town, city and village of Britain made me smile.
I hope there is another vote. You get what you deserve in this life x.

Tell Farage that.

"...footage from BBC Question Time on 9 June – just weeks before the referendum – shows the Ukip leader claiming the available cash was higher than £350 million and saying money should be spent on hospitals and GPs.

“Can we just get to the truth of this - £350 million a week is wrong, it’s higher than that,” he told the programme’s audience."

(The Independent)

Aziz, you've posted it yourself and shot yourself in the foot. The BIB, clearly mentions 350 million, But then you post yourself that Farage said MONEY, Not 350 mill, but MONEY should be spent on hospitals and GP's.

It's like saying I won million on the lotto, and bought a new car. You'd have to be really dumb to think I spent the whole Million quid on the car.

Tell that to the Sunderland massive - I'm sure they'll find your contorted interpretation as convincing as I do. :thumbsup:
McAz

Postby McAz » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:58 am

Si_Crewe wrote:
Aziz wrote:My apologies - I didn't recognise your noble intent.

For somebody who's been so willing to use the murder of Jo Cox to remind us of the evil of far-right extremism, I'm surprised at your lack of insight.

It sometimes happens late at night - but my insight and me will be fully refreshed in the morning.
McAz

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:39 am

Looks like the Welsh will also be praying that the Leave campaign doesn't go back on its promise to match EU funding other wise they are truly fucked!!

The expression 'turkeys voting for christmas' could be replaced by 'the Welsh voting for Brexit' :oops:
wutang

Postby wutang » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:30 am

More backtracking on the anti-immigration stance

Boris says the vote wasn't about immigration, and that immigration will still be based on the needs of business and industry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06 ... --and-alw/

Meanwhile another Leave member says that there was "some misunderstanding” over their position on immigration (spoiler: its not coming down)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03zfw9m

Trapper John must be over the moon with this news :ooer:
wutang

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs