MR AND MRS DISGUSTED SHIFT ALLEGIANCE

MR AND MRS DISGUSTED SHIFT ALLEGIANCE

Postby Cannydc » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

The latest council by-elections saw a close call for Tories in a traditional stronghold with near misses for both Liberal Democrats and Ukip.

Conservatives' majority tumbled to just 149 over Lib Dems with arch eurosceptics only 22 votes further behind in third place at Kent's Tunbridge Wells East division in the town which is home to the legendary "disgusted".

Tories may be most concerned by Ukip's 15.4% surge since 2009 - when the party came second in European Parliament polls.

Kent County - Tunbridge Wells East: Con 1171, Lib Dem 1022, Ukip 1000, Lab 321, Green 109. (June 2009 - Con 2372, Lib Dem 1532, Ukip 585, Lab 324).

Dave is losing his heartland.

Oh dear, how sad, never mind..
Cannydc

Re: MR AND MRS DISGUSTED SHIFT ALLEGIANCE

Postby Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:17 pm

Although Tory misery does little to upset me any rise in support for UKIP isn't a good thing.
Cactus Jack

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:34 am

Oh, a few % shifting votes to no-hoper parties in this case is excellent.

Dave's back bench chums (not a euphemism) will be taking note. The knives will be unsheathed and sharpened.

Plus, of course, it will cost them dear in an election, while UKip will still never win a seat.
Cannydc

Postby Rocthedog » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:52 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Although Tory misery does little to upset me any rise in support for UKIP isn't a good thing.

UKIP as an alternative to the Conservative Party....switch to Union controlled Labour not a frucking chance.......Green party No....Lib dems give us a break....Respect party thats a front for the muslims......so what is left UKIP.. thats where it's at for those who are on the brink of moving away from the conservative party.....Good thing or not.....It's the only alternative right now....
Rocthedog

Postby Rocthedog » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:54 am

Cannydc wrote:Oh, a few % shifting votes to no-hoper parties in this case is excellent.

Dave's back bench chums (not a euphemism) will be taking note. The knives will be unsheathed and sharpened.

Plus, of course, it will cost them dear in an election, while UKip will still never win a seat.

Never say never.......Canny.....
Rocthedog

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:23 am

NEVER.

There, I said it again.
Cannydc

Postby spicy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:05 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Although Tory misery does little to upset me any rise in support for UKIP isn't a good thing.

Support of UKIP is a great thing. What on earth are you going on about???
spicy

Postby spicy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:07 am

Cannydc wrote:NEVER.

There, I said it again.

I sincerely hope and hope again that you are wrong.

Time will tell.
spicy

Postby Rocthedog » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:46 pm

Cannydc wrote:NEVER.

There, I said it again.

Why did I know you would say that..........Oops..experience of Canny...
Rocthedog

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:58 pm

Rocthedog wrote:

UKIP as an alternative to the Conservative Party....switch to Union controlled Labour not a frucking chance.......Green party No....Lib dems give us a break....Respect party thats a front for the muslims......so what is left UKIP.. thats where it's at for those who are on the brink of moving away from the conservative party.....Good thing or not.....It's the only alternative right now....

The unions HAVE NOT controlled Labour for 20 years.

You'll be telling me next that the union members who fund the Tory party are commies and control the Tory party next. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Postby Rocthedog » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

You'll be telling me next that the union members who fund the Tory party are commies and control the Tory party next. :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Which unions financially support the Conservative party.......And which Unions have been financing the Labour party for years.....Go for it.....Oh and show the amounts ...
Rocthedog

Postby Cannydc » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:46 pm

Choice

1. Vote for a party run by and for the elite, more than half funded by banks and big business, with a large chunk of donations coming from 23 of the country's richest 100.....

or

2. Vote for a party mostly funded by 7,000,000 hard working British people, whose VOLUNTARY contributions are given freely.

Tough choice.
Cannydc

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:06 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Which unions financially support the Conservative party.......And which Unions have been financing the Labour party for years.....Go for it.....Oh and show the amounts ...

Union members support various parties and contribute to them accordingly. Didn't you know this? It would be cool if the likes of the Police Federation etc. disclose the figures of how much is given to each party by members but they don't. Ask them direct and you'll get the same answer.

It is not our policy to divulge this information.

Postby Rocthedog » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Union members support various parties and contribute to them accordingly. Didn't you know this? It would be cool if the likes of the Police Federation etc. disclose the figures of how much is given to each party by members but they don't. Ask them direct and you'll get the same answer.

Which means you cannot establish your arguement........Oh dear.... :shell:
Rocthedog

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:15 pm

Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:
Guest wrote:
Rocthedog wrote:

Which means you cannot establish your arguement........Oh dear.... :shell:

It is common knowledge that any union member can pay their dues to whichever party they prefer.

My union dues when I was in a union was paid to the Syndicalist Party. For example the Police Federation members (there are other orgs like banking unions) give their funds to an unincorporated association, which inturn gives the total of its funds to the Conservative Party.

Unincorporated associations gave the Conservatives £208,617 in Q1 this year. Labour and Lib Dems also have unincorporated associations, which gave £160,208 and £63,319 respectively to their parties. :thumbsup:

Next

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs