AT LAST, SENSE ON 'SPECIAL NEEDS' EPIDEMIC

Re: AT LAST, SENSE ON 'SPECIAL NEEDS' EPIDEMIC

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2012 10:42 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I dislike that phrase anyway - it sounds patronising and as if the people who use it are treading on eggshells.

Wow what an ill informed comment.

It isn't patronising and highlights that the children need special education to fit them :smilin:

It is patronising - it's making them out to be more important than anyone else. Why does the education have to be "special"? They can have extra education without it being special.

It is absolutely NOT patronising. To suggest so suggests how little you know on the subject of Special Needs.

Ever been to a Clinical Diagnosis interview? When you have let me know :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2012 10:48 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I dislike that phrase anyway - it sounds patronising and as if the people who use it are treading on eggshells.

It isn't patronising and highlights that the children need special education to fit them :smilin:

It is patronising - it's making them out to be more important than anyone else. Why does the education have to be "special"? They can have extra education without it being special.

You don't understand the word special in the context of a unique education plan? FFS stop digging that hole...

Special also means different NOT more importantin the educational context FFS

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 15, 2012 10:51 am

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:

It is absolutely NOT patronising. To suggest so suggests how little you know on the subject of Special Needs.

Ever been to a Clinical Diagnosis interview? When you have let me know :gigglesnshit:

And what was the conclusion they arrived at, after you were diagnosed?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2012 10:53 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:Does 'special needs' include not being able to speak and understand a word of English?...............if it does, surely there is a bottomless pit of money for that :dunno:

:kinell: :kinell: :kinell: :kinell: :kinell: :kinell: :kinell: :kinell: :kinell:

John brought race into a discussion

Postby Guest » Tue May 15, 2012 11:00 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:

And what was the conclusion they arrived at, after you were diagnosed?

The correct one. I haven't had a CD interview...

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue May 15, 2012 11:02 am

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:

I don't need to know about it to know that it's a stupid patronising phrase.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue May 15, 2012 11:04 am

Guest wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Guest wrote:

You don't understand the word special in the context of a unique education plan? FFS stop digging that hole...

Special also means different NOT more importantin the educational context FFS

Yes it does - special means more important.
Raggamuffin

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue May 15, 2012 11:05 am

They could call it "extra requirements" or "different requirements". Anyway, it seems to cover a whole spectrum of problems - all lumped together.
Raggamuffin

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Tue May 15, 2012 11:12 am

alternative perhaps?
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Trapper John » Tue May 15, 2012 11:15 am

Invented?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue May 15, 2012 11:16 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:Invented?

Have you got your tin hat handy? :laughing:
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Tue May 15, 2012 11:20 am

Raggamuffin wrote:They could call it "extra requirements" or "different requirements". Anyway, it seems to cover a whole spectrum of problems - all lumped together.

What if it's a physical disorder? I have to write the same care plan out every school year that outlines special needs.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue May 15, 2012 11:23 am

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:They could call it "extra requirements" or "different requirements". Anyway, it seems to cover a whole spectrum of problems - all lumped together.

What if it's a physical disorder? I have to write the same care plan out every school year that outlines special needs.

It could still be called "extra requirements" couldn't it?
Raggamuffin

Postby Stooo » Tue May 15, 2012 11:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

It ought to be, I don't consider my child to be disabled.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Raggamuffin » Tue May 15, 2012 11:31 am

Stooo wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Stooo wrote:

It ought to be, I don't consider my child to be disabled.

Exactly. There's no need for him to be labelled as "special" either - that's just going to make him feel different.
Raggamuffin

PreviousNext

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs