Bullshit Art Industry

Bullshit Art Industry

Postby KeithTas » Thu May 10, 2012 3:03 am

The Art industry like the wine, bottled water and coffee industries are all bullshit, throw in the food industry now as well. It's self perpetuating bullshit plain and simple. This sold for 53.8 million pounds for fucks sake.

KeithTas

Re: Bullshit Art Industry

Postby trini » Thu May 10, 2012 3:26 am

KeithTas wrote:The Art industry like the wine, bottled water and coffee industries are all bullshit, throw in the food industry now as well. It's self perpetuating bullshit plain and simple. This sold for 53.8 million pounds for fucks sake.

Bank accounts have nothing to do with art.

“The Scream” recently sold for $120 million

A man who bought a signed Picasso print at a local thrift store for $14.14
it soled for $7,000 in a private deal.

art is what you look at;
trini

Postby KeithTas » Thu May 10, 2012 4:30 am

It's not quite that simple Trinity, Art is an industry, it is not something you just look at. Let's face it most artists are just living off of government hand outs and subsidies. I'm not talking about commecial artists now, I'm talking about the ones that see art as some sort of vocation and they don't need a real job.

The art galleries and even government art galleries to some extent are perpetuating the bullshit. How many times have you been to a "art" gallery and seen a fucking green triangle or a circle painted on a bit of canvas, you know the type of thing you did in infant school. The curators of these "galleries" then proceed to go into in depth analysis of the "brush strokes" and the interpretation of the green triangle etc. It's a green fucking triangle for fucks sake not the Hay Wain. The same can be said for the piles of bricks etc that is paid for by the tax payer because some fuckwit art gallery believes it's not the bricks that matter but how they are placed on top of one another. Give me a fucking break.

Everything about the art industry is bullshit, from the layabout artists to the gallery owners perpetuating the myths and bullshit. You can say things like the quality of art is in the eye of the beholder, and this may be right, what good for one person may not be good for another. However tax payers money should not be given to anyone drawing a fucking green triangle like a kid.
KeithTas

Postby KeithTas » Thu May 10, 2012 4:41 am

I'll give you a list of bullshit industries, there are many more but here's a start

Art
Wine
Bottled Water
Coffee (barista bollocks)
Food (cook a quails egg for 5 seconds too long and it's fucked)
Aliens and UFO's
The paranormal (all forms including religion, astrology etc)
Natural Medicines (including homeopathy and chiropractic’s, reflexology etc)

They are all self perpetuating bullshit.

The problem is that there are those gullible enough to believe in it all.
KeithTas

Postby wutang » Thu May 10, 2012 7:16 am

The more the art costs the bigger the tax incentive when you 'donate' it to the 'public gallery' (often registered as a non-profit charity so your 'donation', actually a loan as you still own the art, gets deducted from your tax bill as such).
wutang

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Thu May 10, 2012 7:41 am

i kinda agree about "installations" like tracey emin and damien hurst
but painting and sculpture etc etc are valid as art
beauty is in the eye of the beholder i spose
having said that even if i was bill gates id never buy a real van gogh.....
id buy a cheapo copy
:cuppaT:
Big Fat Frosty

Return to News, Politics And Current Affairs